Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > A Walk To Remember

Chapter One

by Gundamwinggirl 0 reviews

The continuation.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Edward Elric, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Published: 2005-07-09 - Updated: 2005-07-10 - 862 words

0Boring
A Walk To Remember
Chapter One

A gentle breeze of spring air drifted through the trees, the year, 1916. The streets of Central are teeming with people, and I am one of them. My eyes have a tired look in them, although I'm not as old as I sometimes seem. I'm on my way to Central Headquarters for another day full of paper work and complaints. Riza had corned me the day before, practically dragging me off to church. There was only one within Central city limits, a Baptist church if I'm not mistaken. I'd only ever been there a few times, and she was always the reason.

"Good morning, Taisa."

The same words echoed from everyone that I passed as I headed towards my office. Even though it was only ten in the morning I already had the beginnings of a monday morning headache. To make it worse, Havoc decided to tell me that Edward was waiting in my office with his report. It was just my luck that he would arrive a day earlier than planned, hand in his report, and then try to sneak off to Risembool with Alphonse for a two day vacation.

Another sigh escaped me as I put on my usual smirk before I opened the door to my office. As I expected, Edward was sitting on the couch with an agitated look.

"Aren't you supposed to be in your office by now, Taisa?" he asked as he threw a slight glare at me. Ignoring it I walked by him and to my desk, taking my usual seat.

"It's monday, Fullmetal. You weren't supposed to be back until tomorrow evening."

He threw me another half-glare but I ignored it in favor of scanning the mountain of paper work on my desk, courtesy of Hawkeye. I almost missed the smug look he gave me at seeing all of the paper work before he quickly regained the agitated look.

"I came back early so-"

"You're not getting another vacation with Alphonse in Risembool, Edward. You two just returned not even a week ago. You shoved off two assignments and then ended up being late for the inspection of Falken's new mine. Somehow you ended up doing more damage than even Fuery is capable of and everything fell onto me. I am the one that has to fill out the paper work and hand your reports up to the Fuhrer. If going to Risembool means so much to you then you need to stop half-assing what you given to do."

Of course my slight outburst stunned him into silence, score one point for me. It stayed silent within my office for a few minutes, me watching him and him watching me with his mouth open. Finally I sighed as I leaned back in my chair and watched him over my fingers.

"Close your mouth, Fullmetal. You look like a fish."

That got him started again.

"Whaddya mean I look like a fish?! You're the one that acts like he has something shoved up his ass!" he exclaimed as he jumped up. I just shook my head at his behavior, Hawkeye interrupting before I could say anything else. For once I was glad of my Taii's intrusion without knocking, it saved me the hassle of another fight with the pipsqueak.

"Taisa, sir. I have word from Fuhrer King Bradley that he is coming here to see you."

Or maybe I wasn't so happy to see her.

"Excuse me?" I couldn't help but sound surprised. The Fuhrer wasn't one who made friendly visits to those below the rank of General, so I was highly surprised at her message. It seemed that Edward was the same way for he had went back into gaping fish mode, and if I were a betting man I would say that my other subordinates were the same as the pipsqueak at the moment.

"You heard me, sir. He'll be here this afternoon," she replied before turning and shutting the door.

Great...another long day at the office... I thought to myself while rubbing my temples. Edward remained silent the whole time before he finally handed in his report and just left. It was days like these that made me think about quiting the Military, but I still had a ways to go up in rank before that happened. I could hear voices outside of my door, most likely Havoc and Breda betting on if I'd had a nervous breakdown from the news or not.

Without a real care I brought my fingers together, a single snap resounding in the office as the door burst into flames and those behind it. Who would've thought that Fuery was in on the bet as well?

Gwg: Another installment of "A Walk To Remember". I hope that you guys are enjoying it so far. You should already be able to tell the pairing, but if you can't it's Roy/Ed. It's slightly AU from the series, but everything'll be jake (fine) in the end. Domo arigatoo (thank you very much) for all of the reviews so far. So review again for you guys are my inspiration. Until next time, ja ne.
Sign up to rate and review this story