Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Teen Hearts Are Beating Faster and Faster

Chapter 1

by xxteenheartsxx 0 reviews

Amber Mellon has a very boring life that gets more interesting.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-28 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 683 words

0Unrated
"I'm going to sleep," I said to my 15-year-old baby sister Rachel as I turned of the light. I looked at the clock and it read 1:30 am, which is my usual bedtime these days.
"Okay, Amber,"
"Are you staying up?"
"Um, yea. I'm gonna call Dustin." Dustin is her boyfriend, and the two of them are like glue, and they're either always talking on the phone, or are with each other.
"Okay, but you know that nana doesn't like it when you talk on the phone this late. You're not even supposed to be up this late, especially since you have school tomorrow."
"Oh, who cares? Nana is always complaining about everything I do, and she'll never stop." I laughed.
"True." I got my mp3 player and stuck the headphones into my ears. I fell asleep listening to the sound of Brendon Urie's wonderful voice, singing the music and lyrics created by wonderful Ryan Ross.

The next morning I woke up and remembered that I had to go into work early today to take an inventory of the store. I work at a 7-Eleven (I know big whoop) and the guy who normally is in charge of stuff like that is on vacation, so lucky me, I get to do it. So, I got my work uniform out of the dryer and went to the bathroom to get ready. I have this little device that works like a speaker, and you can plug anything that uses headphones into it, and it will project the sound. So, I plugged my mp3 into it, and listened to the first Panic! At the Disco song on there (which was But It's Better If You Do) and then a couple following that one while I got ready. It was 8:00 now, and I had to be a t work at 9:00, so I took a quick shower, got dressed, and drove to work, all the time, listening to Panic! at the Disco.

Now, the town I live in is a small town in Virginia, and few people in the town know who Panic! at the Disco is. That's mostly because few people in my town are teenagers, or even relatively young, but most of them are older. Most of my friends and I, and my sister like Panic! at the Disco, but that's because I got them interested. I really do love Panic! at the Disco, because they are awesome and if I don't so say myself, they are pretty fuckin hot. But I wouldn't say I have an obsession, because that word sounds so much better when used by younger teens, whereas I am 18, and they are unhealthy for you. Now don't get me wrong, I love them and I know everything about them, but I'm not gonna call it an obsession. Also, I don't know what I would do if I ever met them, especially Brendon Urie.

Work was really boring and the inventory took forever, much longer then I would have liked. Then most of the people who work he left, and those who didn't were sleeping in the back somewhere, so I was left to take care of the store and the gas pumps all by myself. Plus, all the while, I had to look forward to going to night classes at the community college, like I do almost every night. It was about 3:30, and the most exciting thing that had happened all day was that somebody's car had run completely out of gas as he was pulling up to the pump, so he had to push it. It was pretty funny watching this skinny little man try to push his car, but it's not like I was gonna help him do it, cause I probably couldn't have. Anyway, I was at the counter, looking down at my notes from last class at the college, trying to memorize them, when I heard a voice.
"Um, excuse me." I looked up and then I didn't move. I couldn't because I was frozen with shock. Standing in front of me was the one and only, Brendon Urie.
Sign up to rate and review this story