Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Fate and Destiny

Finally Home

by Dessmonda 5 reviews

Atlanta finally returns home and she feels that she made the right choice...but has she really?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 1006 words

1Original
A/N: Okay it's short, I'm sorry I was unsure how to do this chapter. The next chapter should be up much faster I promise. Some things happened and I forgot about this story. Then when I remembered I lost all inspiration but it's back now! But unfortunately I don't know what to do with my other story and I might delete it. But don't worry, my friend and I have been working on another story involving the children of the seven so I might use that idea. Also I know I was stereotyping in this chapter and I'm sorry if it offended anyone. And just so you know I AM NOT ABANDING THIS STORY! I hope to finish it by Christmas

Disclaimer: I do not own any recognizable characters but I do own Atlanta's mom, dad, and four brothers! Again Cronus is still NOT trapped in my best friends closet!

Finally Home

Atlanta stood outside facing the door, almost as if deciding if she should enter or not. Finally she grasped the doorknob and twisted it, pulling the door open further she entered. Not really caring if anyone heard her or not she dropped her backpack on the ground with a dull thud.

She was finally home. Hermes had insisted that he wait a day to take Atlanta home, but Atlanta didn't want to wait. They ended up compromising, Hermes took her to her town but they stayed in a hotel. The griffins had been placed in the forest where no one would find them. Atlanta got to go home the next afternoon though it seemed like ages. Hermes had dropped her off in a small clearing near her house, where nobody could see the griffins they had flew on. Sure leaving wasn't the maturest way to go about dealing with her anger and hurt but it probably was the most effective.

It only took a few seconds for the thud to be heard and her entire family came running. Probably because they weren't expecting somebody tonight and Atlanta was going to be coming home for Christmas which was a few months away.

"Honey," her mom began as the shock died down a bit, "what are you doing home?" not waiting for an answer she hugged her only daughter. "I've missed you so much..."

"Mom," Atlanta said calmly, more calmly then she felt, "I decided that I didn't want to stay at the school. I missed you all too much." Okay so the last part was a lie, but they wouldn't know that.

"Really? Oh I'm so glad you came back...we all are aren't we?" She looked behind her where the rest of Atlanta's family stood.

"Of course we are, right boys?" Her stepfather said as he looked pointedly at his four sons. All of whom nodded their head.

Atlanta managed to smile a small smile, she hadn't even been home five minutes and all ready she was missing her friends. 'It was your choice,' a small voice inside her head reminded her, 'no one made you leave.' Sighing softly she picked up her backpack. "Mom, Paul I'm going to go to my bedroom." With that she headed up the stairs. She could hear her brothers asking a bunch of questions but she ignored them.

Reaching her room she opened the door and was surprised to find it the way she left it. Everything was the same way. Ignoring the weird feeling inside her she began to unpack. It wasn't long after she began unpacking that a small knock was heard. "Come in," she called and she could hear her door being opened.

"Are you okay Lan, you seem disoriented...you were so excited at the prospect at making friends-"

"Ryan stop!" Atlanta hissed sharply as she turned around to face her half-brother. "I fine, I didn't like it there and decided to come home. Not like it matters we'll be moving soon anyways. Now can you please leave so I can unpack in peace, I'll see you at supper."

Ryan didn't bother to argue, he just turned and left closing the door softly behind him. Atlanta loved all of her brothers but sometimes they got on her nerves. Her dad had died when she was really little, about a six months old, and when she was about one and a half her mom had met Paul. Paul had three boys, who was her age and the twins who were one year older. They became friends and started to date, when Lan was around two her mom had became pregnant and after Ryan was born Paul and her mom had married. Atlanta was really close with her brothers, they kind of had to be. Paul was in the military so they moved around a lot.

Atlanta finished unpacking and went downstairs, her mom had just finished making dinner. She slipped into her spot at the table, to be quite honest she was surprised that her parents were taking her coming back so suddenly without questions. For that she was thankful.

Dinner past by uneventfully, Atlanta learned what was going on with all of her brothers while she was gone. After dinner they helped clean up and then went outside to play street hockey. Soon their dad joined them and their mom kept score.

Around ten o'clock all five of the children were forced to bed. Atlanta found a pair of purple pyjama bottoms and a camouflage tank top. After she was in her pyjamas, Atlanta found herself contemplating what had happened. She finally reached the conclusion that this was the best solution. After all no one would miss her.

The next week went by relatively fast. The fiery redhead didn't think about her friends, especially a purple haired someone. Her mom had re-registered her at her old school, though no one missed her unless you count the different sports teams she was on.

Atlanta was finally truly happy...or that's what she thought. At least this way she didn't have to face her fear.
Sign up to rate and review this story