Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Masked Feelings

The strong, the weak, and the LOVERS?

by Kakashi_lover 10 reviews

Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura are out on another mission... but things begin to heat up...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Itachi, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Other - Published: 2006-10-03 - Updated: 2006-10-03 - 3495 words

-1Illiterate
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. Blah, Blah, and blah!

Masked Feelings

~0~o~0~

It was about 5:00 in the evening and you could see the sun was just starting to go down through the trees around the village hidden in the leaves. There standing on the road that lead out of the village was a particularly loud boy with blonde hair that could not stand still for two seconds. Another boy with messy black hair who had an aloof mood about all the time, stood there silently without moving. Last there was a girl with bright pink hair that every now and then tried to get a conversation going with Sasuke, but he all ways said yes or no or didn't even respond. She eventually gave up talking to him and stood there quietly. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were in the same squad since they were 12 years old. They were all standing there (except Naruto who could not stand still) waiting for there sensei to show up. His name is Kakashi Hatake, also know an as the copy eye ninja. He is one of the greatest ninjas which are a plus for Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura, but he is not good with his timing. He comes late every day to there mission and training, which is the down fall for Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

"Why is he late? Why is he ALWAYS LATE!?!?!" Naruto started to say this in a flustered voice then some how it ended in a flustered scream.

"Naruto will you shut up!" we go through this every time Kakashi doesn't show up on time," Sakura responded. " Which is always..." She muttered under her breathe.

Sasuke just stood there not caring about Naruto and Sakura's stupid feud. "How did I end up with these two?" Sasuke thought this to himself. But Sasuke's thoughts and Naruto and Sakura's feud was stopped by a tall man with even taller messy silver hair.

"KAKASHI SENSEI! WHAT BIZZARE STORY ARE YOU GOING TO TELL US TODAY?" After Naruto was done screaming that he had to catch his breath.

"Well Naruto, you sure are wound up today," Kakashi said this in an unsurprised way. "But anyways sorry! Naruto you didn't know? They were selling masks of your face and you see one person bought one and went to go look at how he looked in the mirror and it broke. Glass shattered every where sooooooooo! I had to take the long way. You wouldn't want your sensei hurt would you?"

Naruto stared dumb struck, Sasuke muttered "figures!" under his breathe and Sakura sighed.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU ARE ALWAYS!."

"Naruto, stop screaming will you, instead of my daily headache, I'm getting a migraine." Sasuke cut Naruto off to say this in an aggressive, angry tone.

"Yeah, Sasuke's right Naruto! Will you just shut up!" Sakura snapped this in Naruto's face.
Sasuke began to talk again, "Sakura he's not the only loud one here!"

Sakura turned her face away and looked horrified by what Sasuke just said. "How could he say that I was just trying to help!" she thought to herself. Mean while Naruto and Sasuke were snapping at each other.

"Okay, okay you guys stop. We have a very important mission to go on. So I suggest we leave now." Kakashi said this calmly. "We have to track down the Akatsuki. Okay let's go!"

~0~o~0

They all looked at each other and began walking out of the village. Nothing worth writing about happened after they left Konaha every now and then Naruto would complain about how he was hungry and wanted some ramen. It began to get darker and darker out. The trees all looked the same and there was an ominous dark tint in the forest. You felt like you were suffocating for all the trees were packed together. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura stated that they should stop and make camp before it was pitch black and they could not see anything, but Kakashi would not allow it and told them to just keep walking.

It was dark now and not that kind of dark where you can see the stars and the moon and it's oh, so pretty to look at. The kind of dark squad seven was in was much, much worse. Then, they were all closed in by trees and the tops of the trees where like a giant roof that blocked out any source of light.

"Owwwww! What the?!?!?! I ran into a tree!" Naruto yelped.

"Well, it is dark out here!" Kakashi said this interestingly.

"You just noticed that? And you call yourself a Nin…" Naruto was cut off by a sound that came from nearby. The sound probably would not have seemed half as scary in the day time than in the blackness of the night.

"Wha- What was that?" Sakura said this hesitantly.
The sound came again this time louder. Sakura jumped and clutched onto Sasuke. Her head on his shoulder and her hands clutching his arms.

"His arms and shoulder are so muscular…" Sakura thought this in a dream like way.

"So! who are you?" Sakura's thoughts were shattered by someone's voice that was not Sasuke. The even scarier part of it was the voice came from the person she was holding onto. The person seemed interested. Sakura let go of the person and tried to run away but, the person grabbed her and held her in a firm grip.

"Who ever is holding me is not Sasuke, Naruto, or Kakashi!" Sakura thought this in a panicked way. She turned her head the best she could to try and look at her attacker. She saw a glint of red! red eyes. Sakura knew who it was she knew those red eyes it was!

"Where do you think you're going Cherry Blossom?"

"Let me GO!" Sakura was able to turn around far enough to punch him so hard he loosened his grip!!! Sakura ready to jump out of his arms but! he was too quick for her and gripped her arm and twirled her around and over his back.

"Naruto! Sasuke! KAKASHI!" Sakura screamed.
"It's Sakura! Where is she?" Kakashi said this in an alarmed way not like normal emotionless Kakashi. "I thought she was with us!"

"SAKURA!!!!" Naruto screamed louder than he normally is.
"Naruto will you shut up!!! You're going to give away our position! You idiot!" Sasuke said this in a harsh tone.
"What is your problem Sasuke? You never care about Sakura! You are always yelling at her and making her look like a fool! Now she needs our help and you don't care at all! You are such a!"

"I can't see with my sharingan. Something's wrong, Crap¦ Sasuke its pitch black and my sharingan is not working you have to use your sharingan to look for Sakura." Kakashi said this to break up Naruto and Sasuke's fight.

"No," Sasuke said in an angry voice.

"What?" Kakashi and Naruto said out raged.

"I will not loose my chakra. Sakura is a full fledged Joinin, if she can't get through whoever caught her then she does not deserve the title of Jounin¦"

"Sasuke I know you don't like Sakura but what is the one thing I have been telling you guys for years! I taught you this the very first time we started training. Don't tell me you forgot about the bells! Why do you think ninjas go on missions in squads! So if one person is taken the rest can at lest TRY to get them back. Sasuke I'm not asking you to find Sakura I'm TELLING you to. Believe me I would find Sakura if I could but I can't. Now find her! "Kakashi said this in a threatening voice that made Sasuke cringe a little.

Sasuke went to deny Kakashi again if it weren†t for that dark voice that was carrying Sakura over his shoulder like someone would carry a sack of flour.

"Look at that¦ my foolish little brother doesn't even want to help his own team mate¦ I'm disgraced to even call you my foolish BROTHER. Why don't you stay with me Cherry Blossom? I'll treat you nicely, and so will Hisame. We'll make better partners than that foolish survivor and the nine tailed fox. We can become very close on missions, in bed!" That red eyed murderer didn't even finish what he was going to say for Sasuke had lunched in top of him.

"ITACHI!!!!!" Sasuke screamed, and with a puff of smoke Itachi was gone and in replace of him was a log.
Sakura lied on the ground, healing the deep cut she got from Sasuke lunging on top of Itachi while he was still holding her. She got up to hear that sound again. That loud sound that had started all this chaos in the first place. There out of now where came a blinding light (that would not have been so blinding if they had not been in that dark forest so long) and the loud sound again. It was coming from behind Sakura. She turned around and there she saw a giant frog that she was surprised even fit between the trees. There on top pf the frog was the biggest, I mean it when I say BIGGEST pervert you will ever meet. The one and only Jiraya.

"That's what I was afraid of? A pervert riding a giant frog?" Sakura thought to her self. "Geez¦ Why does this only happen to me? Ino, Hinata, and Tenten don't run into these problems. The only problems they have are how to hide that time of month on a mission¦"

~0~o~0~

"Hey, Sakura! I was looking for you guys! What's up?" Jiraya called over to Sakura.

"What's up? Sasuke's battling Itachi, Kakashi's battling Hisame, and I have no idea where in the world Naruto is!!!!!" Sakura was panting by the time she was done talking.

"Sakura, I can set everything right you watch, and by the way you look hotter when you're calm"

"Jiraya!!!!!" Sakura said in an aggressive, about to punch you in the face type of way.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. But we have to do something! I'll go battle Itachi and Hisame you go find Naruto."

"No, I'll get rid of the Akatsuki. This was my fault; you go find Naruto! okay?"

"Sakura!" Jiraya moaned. "Okay, just be careful." He said this with a caring tone a real caring tone not the fake one he uses on his dates. "If you need back up, just yell..."

"Okay! I promise I'll yell"

"Hey, Cherry Blossom, I missed you!" There on top of Sakura was Hisame, what a horrible sight to see his shark face looking at you, in the dim light from a jutsu Jiraya had just done.
"Get off of me Shark BOY!!!!" Sakura yelled. And with all her strength she punched him right in the middle of his face and he went flying! He landed in the middle of a tree about a couple feet away because, as you know the forest was suffocating with trees, and he ran into a lovely tall maple tree that he would be stuck in for awhile.

Jiraya had faith in Sakura and left to go find Naruto. Mean while Sakura's mind was focused on helping Sasuke. Sakura for a moment thought about Naruto and Kakashi sensei but those thoughts were mustered away by the thoughts of, Jiraya's gone to get Naruto and Kakashi come on he's the famous copy eye ninja! there's no way he would be down. Sakura ran as fast as she could. The more she thought about her Sasuke being hurt the harder she ran. Finally she came a crossed Itachi and Sasuke in there fight.

Sasuke saw her approach and screamed "Sakura LEAVE! GO (punch) FIND (breathe) NARUTO! (Punch, dodge, punch, kick, slide… oh, you get the point)"

Sakura stared at the battle before her. "Sasuke cares?" Sakura thought. "SASAUKE CARES ABOUT ME!" Sakura thought in her head happily. "Oh he doesn't want me hurt that's so nice!" She thought in a dreamy fashion. "Oh, I will give my life for you Sasuke!!!!"

Sakura ran into the battle with out thinking! if only she knew this would be the biggest mistake she would ever make...

~0~o~0~

Sakura, by instinct ran in and punched Itachi unconscious into a tree. But all of the sudden Hisame was out of the tree and there Sasuke and Sakura were laying on the ground in a net, while Hisame did some fancy looking hand signs, picked up Itachi, and ran off just when Sasuke had ripped open the net that was tied together with chakra. Itachi and Hisame were gone!

Sasuke stood there staring into the darkness even though he could not see anything. He was thinking about how close he was to conquer his brother, avenge his clan, and finally live a normal life! Now that was all gone!

"Sasuke! Sasuke your not hurt are you?" Sakura said in a caring tone as she ran up to Sasuke took his arm to check for any wounds. "Sasuke?" Sakura said again this time with a frown.

"You!" Sasuke said this in such a weak voice that Sakura had to ask him again what he said. "You!"

"I know, I know you don't have to thank me for helping you!" Sakura said happily while smiling.

"Helping me!!!!" Sasuke said in an unbelievable voice.

~0~o~0~

While Sasuke and Sakura were talking Kakashi was up and walking but just barley. Hisame knocked out a lot of chakra with that chakra eating sword of his. Kakashi needed Sakura to heal him and needed to find Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto. Then he heard yelling a terrible voice that he recognized as Sasuke's voice... then he could have sworn he heard crying... Sakura's crying...

"You! YOU DESTROIED MY ONE CHANCE AT KILLING MY BROTHER!" Sasuke screamed.

"Sasuke, I'm sorry! I just wanted to help and I didn't want you to get hurt. Because well Sasuke I love you!" Sakura's voice was sheepish but before she was able to finish what she was about to say, Sasuke cut her off. Sasuke knew what she was going to say. So many girls had said it to him before. Every girl said the same thing to him his whole life ...I love you.

"I'M AN AVENGER! I HATE YOU! I HATED YOU EVERY SINCE THE FIRST TIME I SAW YOU! I WISH YOU WOULD JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Sasuke screamed this out at Sakura in a hash, aggressive way.

"Sasuke, I'm.. I'm" You could barely make out what Sakura had said because she was on the verge of crying and of course Sakura did. Sasuke saw her start crying more than she ever had.

"Sakura? No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it"

"No, Sasuke your right... I'm sorry I am such a terrible person!" Sakura started running away and wailing.

"Sasuke I loved you but now I hate myself for loving you!... I hate myself! I am such a terrible person... It may be painful for me but, I will never go near you again... For your sake"

"Sakura! Wait a minute...Why are you crying?" Sakura had bummed into Kakashi so hard she almost knocked him over.

"Me crying, no, never..." Sakura wailed to Kakashi.

"Oh, Sakura... don't cry!" Kakashi could not get out all that he was supposed to say for Sakura clung onto him. She was crying on his shoulder. Kakashi didn't know what to do for it was not every day that some pretty girl with pink hair was clinging onto him.

"Ummm... Sakura you're getting my vest all wet..." Kakashi really meant to comfort her but, did not know what to say.

"Oh, I'm sorry Kakashi!" Sakura wailed.

"No, no Sakura it's perfectly okay... what's wrong?"

"Well, I found Sasuke and well, he was battling Itachi and I wanted to help and... and..."

Kakashi already knew what happened before she even told him. "That stupid Uchiha hurt Sakura... again" Kakashi thought. This was one wound that even an expert like Sakura could not cure. This was not like a physical cut it was the farthest thing from that. It was more of an emotional cut that could cut deeper and deeper into her brain that could not be healed so easily.

"Sakura go ahead and cry it's okay," Kakashi replied.

"Oh, Kakashi sensei thank you, if there is anything I can do¦"

"Ummm... Sakura, would you mind getting off of me? My vest is getting soaked..."

"Oh, I'm sorry! Sakura began to stop crying now and laughed to see Kakashi's vest soaked with her tears.

~0~o~0~

"Sakura! SAKURA! WHERE ARE YOU?" Sasuke was looking around for some signs to where Sakura could have run off to. "Why does this stuff happen to me?" Sasuke moaned. Sasuke felt bad about what he did to Sakura and knew it would ruin the team.

"Sakura!!!!!"

"Sasuke? What's wrong? Where's Sakura?" Instead of finding Sakura, Sasuke found Jiraya and Naruto.

"Where's Sakura?" Jiraya repeated.

"I ummm... kind of got mad at her and she ran away from me." Sasuke replied.

"What!!!!" Naruto screamed at the top of his lungs.
"I†m sorry alright I got upset and well, I'm looking for her now okay?" Sasuke said.

"Okay you two stop arguing. Let's go find her okay?" Jiraya said this to brake up Naruto and Sasuke's fight.

~0~o~0~

Meanwhile Sakura was feeling a little brighter and Kakashi was still standing there with his wet vest. Then it happened... Kakashi started coughing, coughing, and coughing. He could not stop. Kakashi dropped to the ground clutching his throat gasping for air.

Sakura horrified was screaming Kakashi's name while examining him the best she could. Sakura got on the ground next to Kakashi and saw the problem there was a rip in the bottom part of his mask that covered his throat. There you could see blood gushing out. Sakura quickly found out how to fix this problem BUT, the only way to fix this problem was for Kakashi to take off his mask so Sakura could hit the root of the clog in his throat.
Sasuke, Naruto, and Jiraya were not far away from where Kakashi and Sakura was. They heard the choking sound and ran as fast as they could and finally found were Sakura and Kakashi were sitting on the ground. They gasped at the sight of Sakura and Kakashi sitting so close then the fact that Sakura was taking off Kakashi's mask AND the fact that Kakashi was letting her!!!! Sakura's jutsu was already and covering his face so even with his mask off you could not see any of the features of Kakashi's face he was covering up more so many years. Kakashi started to stop coughing and Sakura†s jutsu started to fade as it was healing Kakashiâ's face more and more, dimmer and dimmer.

That's when it happened... Kakashi's face was not covered. Sakura gasped at the sight of his smooth pale skin. His face was perfect, no matter how hard Sakura looked she could not find one blemish on his beautifully white face. His face was not pale like a ghost but more like white as snow.

While Sakura gazed at Kakashi's face, Kakashi was gazing into Sakura's beautiful green eyes that glowed in the dim light coming from some jutsu Jiraya did to light up the forest. Sakura took her eyes away from Kakashi's face to look into his eyes. They gazed into each others eyes. Kakashi moved forward and so did Sakura. Kakashi again moved a little closer and so did Sakura until there lips were touching. Naruto, Sasuke, and Jiraya watched with there tongues hanging out of there mouths. It seemed like they were kissing for hours! Finally Sakura and Kakashi's faces were apart and they were gasping for breathe. Sakura and Kakashi gave each other a confused look like ...WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED!!!???? Kakashi pulled his mask on quickly. Naruto, Sasuke, and Jiraya watched stunned.

Kakashi and Sakura jumped up on there feet, right when Naruto lost his balance which made him fall in to were Kakashi and Sakura were standing. Once Naruto fell Sasuke and Jiraya also lost there balance on there branch and fell right on top of Naruto. Kakashi and Sakura both blushed wondering if they saw what had happened BUT Naruto, Sasuke, and Jiraya were not the only people who were watching Kakashi and Sakura... Everyone was so distracted about what had just happened that they did not notice a pair of red glowing eyes and a pair of eyes similar to a sharks hiding in a near by tree...


a/n this is to all the people who read this story... PLEASE (on hands and knees...) PLEASE REVIEW!!!! Even if you think this waaas the WORST thing you ever read tell me so I can improve!!!!!!! Thanx for reading!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story