Categories > Books > Chronicles of Narnia > Home

Home

by Bad_Wolf 1 review

And he is dying, lying immobile on the floor, and all he can think about is where his siblings are because Peter has always been that sort of person.

Category: Chronicles of Narnia - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2006-11-03 - Updated: 2006-11-04 - 282 words - Complete

5Ambiance

/Three:// /The crash comes like a blow, a shock to all involved. With it come chaos, confusion and above all, pain.

Peter find himself on the floor of the carriage and wonders how it is that he got there, then he sees his limbs spread around him in unnatural positions, feels the pain beginning to creep in and he understands.



/Two:/ And he is dying, lying immobile on the floor, hearing screams of terror and pain from around and all he can think about is where his siblings are because Peter has always been that sort of person.

He wonders whether Lucy is scared and what she must look like now without her bright, cheeky smile that he has so few memories of her not wearing.

He thinks of Edmund and wonders where he is - could that be Edmund beside him? If it is then Edmund has finally gone somewhere before Peter, for he isn't breathing.

And finally, Peter thinks of Susan and wonders whether she will ok with him and Edmund and possibly Lucy gone - though not having her siblings around hasn't bothered Susan much in recent years.

Did he just say that out loud?



/One:/ He hasn't got long now but Peter isn't scared. He knows, really, where they're going; has known it now for years. He hopes the others know it too. Edmund will be there already and Peter wonders whether Lucy has gone before him too.

The pain intensifies and then lessens. Peter gasps for breath as things around him turn black. The train carriage fades and Peter's lips curve upwards in a smile. When his eyes open again Aslan is waiting for him and he is home.


Sign up to rate and review this story