Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Return of the Lost Son

3 Down, 1 To Go

by EC1231 0 reviews

Kenichi was caught in the ANBU captain's jutsu, but what tricks does he have left up his sleeves?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Yondaime - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-09 - Updated: 2006-11-10 - 654 words

0Unrated
To use his Kunai Camoflage and Fiery Tombstone jutsus took a lot out of the monkey-faced ANBU. He collapsed to one knee, panting heavily, and squinting into the haziness. The flames had finally died down and the smoke had started to part, when to the surprise of the ANBU, all that remained at the center of the charred circle was a badly burnt log.

"I can see the skill of the ANBU is still a force to be reckoned with," Kenichi's voice called out from the darkness. "Tactics like that may win you chuunin battles, but you are only embarrassing yourself if you think I would get caught by that. A real shinobi leaves his enemy no exits and no chance for escape. Allow me to show how a real shinobi disposes of trash. SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"

The tired ANBU tried to focus in on the voice in order to decipher its location, but it soon became clear that Kenichi wasn't dumb enough to stay in the same place while he talked. He rose to his feet, still trying to regain his breath and composure from the last attack, when he heard something that made his hair stand on edge.

"Wind Release: Shark Fin jutsu!" came the simultaneous call of what appeared to be 5 shinobi, all of whom were surrounding the monkey-faced ANBU. From 5 separate rooftop points, a glowing white light flashed, and shot through the air at an incredible pace, gathering more speed as they neared their monkey-faced target. As the forms got nearer, the ANBU was able to see them clearly. They were 4-feet-high and triangular, like the fins of a massive shark sticking out of the water, torpedoing itself at some helpless prey. As they got closer still, he could make out the spiraling air currents that gave form to the jutsu. If he didn't get out of their way, there was no doubt that this would be his last night as a Konoha shinobi.

Thinking quickly, he spiked a smoke bomb at his feet, hiding himself in the black-blue cloud, at least temporarily, from the watchful eyes of the clones. Then, at the last second, he made a desperate leap to avoid the incoming fins. They crashed into each other creating an awesome chakra explosion that further catapulted him into the air. Looking down at the newly-formed crater, he breathed a sigh of relief as he imagined the potential damage that the destructive power of that jutsu would have inflicted on him if he had not moved in time. "He really is a monster," the airborne ANBU thought to himself.

Unfortunately, taking the time to examine the damage below turned out to be a big mistake because above him loomed the descending forms of the 4 Kenichi clones. The ANBU didn't even realize what had hit him when the 4 clones came down fist-first on the back of his head. If he had had time to see it coming, he would have been in awe at the power that Kenichi was able to summon from within himself.

The ANBU sailed back to the ground like a human kunai, hitting the earth with a thud. He had barely gotten his bearings, when he witnessed the last thing he would see and hear that night. The 4 clones that had sent him hurtling into the ground were no longer in sight. Instead, floating in the moonlight over him, was a solitary figure in a blue cape that flapped wilding in the night air.

"Wind Release: Spinning Air Bullet justu!" the figure called out, and from his mouth came a glowing chakra form that grew as it exited until it was the size of a small wagon. The final shape of the chakra was a wide crescent and when it hit the fallen ANBU, a massive dust cloud erupted from the earth, leaving behind a crater with only a limp, barely alive body at its center.
Sign up to rate and review this story