Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Return of the Lost Son

Kakashi's Revenge

by EC1231 1 review

All that's left of the ANBU squad is Kakashi, but does he have what it takes to bring down Kenichi?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Yondaime - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-09 - Updated: 2006-11-10 - 601 words

1Original
Kakashi was able the treat his two fallen comrades while his squad leader dealt with the fugitive. He had stabilized their injuries for now, but they were in desperate need of a medical nin. Unfortunately for his squad leader, Kakashi did not return to the battle soon enough. He made it back just in time to catch the conclusive blow being dealt to his teammate, a massive, crescent-shaped energy wave that hit the ground like bomb. The blast alone blew away so much dirt and debris that Kakashi had a hard time seeing what was going on at its center.

When the dust finally cleared away, he was able to make out two distinct forms. One was lying still on ground, and the other stood over him, kunai in hand, prepped to deal the final blow. Motivated by the desire to protect those close to him, Kakashi reached down for his own kunai and throwing stars, determined to force the lethal nin to retreat, if only for a short time. He launched his weapons at Kenichi, who sensed them, yet barely managed to dodge them.

Kenichi had wanted to let the teen save his downed teammate, so he purposely delayed his killing blow until the teen was in a position to do something. He could have killed the monkey-faced ANBU as soon as he had landed, but he wanted to see how a Konoha shinobi reacted when he was in the presence of an obviously superior shinobi. Had they learned the value of friendship? Had they evolved their principles since his days there and learned to risk their safety to save those close to them? It would appear that they had, judging by the young ANBU's selfless, yet futile attempt, to save his teammate.

"I should have expected no less from the Hokage's brother," Kakashi stated in a calm, matter-of-fact tone. "To have single-handedly immobilized an ANBU unit takes a great deal of skill. But your threat to Konoha ends now."

Kenichi smiled to himself, impressed by the serene bravado that this young man showed, as well as his obvious concern for his teammate. The stock of Konoha really had improved because people like this were non-existent when he was growing up.

"I cannot and will not allow you to hurt another member of Konoha," Kakashi continued. "These are my friends, my family, and if it requires me to personally escort you the gates of hell, I will make sure that your time in this world ends tonight! Earth Release: Inner Decapitation jutsu!"

Kenichi was startled when he felt a pair of hands gripping his ankles. His surprise continued to grow when the hands pulled him down until the dirt floor was up to his chin.

"That tricky little Kakashi," Kenichi thought to himself. "When did he create a shadow clone? I was right to suspect him to be extraordinary."

"Your time ends now," said Kakashi. Widening his stance, he performed a unique set of hand-signs that Kenichi had never seen before. "CHIDORI!" Kakashi called out as a blue light of crackling electricity sprouted from his hand. To Kenichi, it was as if he was in the forest, surrounded by hundreds of birds, the chirping was so loud.

Kakashi raced forward, ready to decapitate the head the jutted out from the ground with one clean strike. The glow from the Chidori shone on Kenichi's face as Kakashi drew nearer. He pulled back his hand to steady it for the death blow, and when he was within arms reach, he shot his crackling, deadly hand at the face of the trapped fugitive.
Sign up to rate and review this story