Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Return of the Lost Son

Reversal of Fortune

by EC1231 0 reviews

Kakashi has finally trapped Kenichi, but does he have what it takes to stop him?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Yondaime - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-09 - Updated: 2006-11-10 - 463 words

0Unrated
The incoming Chidori would surely be the end of Kenichi's plan, but he remained calm and stoic, never even making an attempt to escape. When the glowing, blue jutsu was within seconds of leaving a hole where his face once was, Kenichi whispered to himself, in a voice so low that Kakashi would not have heard it even if he was standing next to him, "Rasengan."

The ground that was in front of Kenichi's face blew out in a torrent of earth and dirt, as a spinning blue orb of chakra shot out and met the incoming Chidori head-on. Even behind the cat-inspired ANBU mask, Kenichi could feel the shock and awe on Kakashi's face.

The two high-powered jutsu met with a titantic crash, and it seemed that this collision would end in draw. But then the Rasengan started to grow. At first it fit compactly into Kenichi's palm, but as more chakra was pumped into it, the orb grew and grew until it completely overwhelmed Kakashi's Chidori. The resulting bright blue explosion sent Kakashi flying backward through the air. The last thought that passed through Kakashi's mind before he hit the solid brick wall of a nearby house was, "Incredible..."

The blast had also removed enough of the ground that had entrapped Kenichi so that he was able to use his hands. "Wind Release: Spinning Vortex Wall jutsu," he called out, and once again a glowing tube of wind encompassed his body and expanded outward, consequently digging him out of the ground completely. He slowly climbed out of his newly excavated hole, and walked towards Kakashi.

Kakashi was leaning against the wall of the house he had been thrown into, slightly slumped over, breathing deeply and heavily. His cat-mask had fallen in his lap, broken into 6 or 7 pieces. He had never imagined that a backlash from a jutsu that didn't even touch him could hurt so much. It took all of his remaining strength just to pull his head up and watch as Kenichi casually walked over to him. Even if he wanted to, Kakashi didn't have the mobility or energy to defend himself; he was at the mercy of this fugitive.

Kenichi knelt down next to his wounded adversary and took the time to look him over. He pulled back the ANBU hood to reveal the grandfather-gray hair again, and lifted his chin to see his face more clearly. To his surprise, he was face to face with a Sharingan, or at least half of one. "You're just full of surprises, huh? I was wondering why I didn't see or hear you create a clone jutsu. You must have hypnotized me with your sharingan and I fell for it like some genin."

Kakashi offered a smile, but even doing that hurt.
Sign up to rate and review this story