Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Return of the Lost Son

The Origins of the Jinchuriki

by EC1231 0 reviews

Kenichi has escaped from Kakashi's jutsu and reveals Konoha's dark secret.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Yondaime - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-13 - 973 words

0Unrated
"You shouldn't move. Your body is beaten, even if your spirit isn't. You impress me Kakashi, as much as anyone I have ever met because you understand the true meaning of friendship. Allow me to tell you a story about a dark secret of Konoha.

"In the years before the shinobi wars, before there were battles and deaths, the elders of Konoha sought to establish Konoha as the most powerful village of the five nations. They could see that tensions were rising between the various villages and nations. Soon, all out war would break out, devouring all who participated. The end result would be catastrophic in terms of lives lost. So the Konoha elders took a drastic step to create a deterrent so that other villages would be less likely to attack them and their allies.

"Throughout the lands, there roamed tailed beasts of extraordinary power, the most powerful of these being the 9-tailed demon fox. As powerful as it was, it was just a mindless vessel of destruction, lacking thought and discipline, and using that handicap, Konoha was able to capture it. They planned to seal the 9-tailed fox in a vessel that could control and utilize its power. Fortunately, they had calculated that the amount of chakra that the Kyuubi expelled into the host would be lethal for most people before they had tried to put it into a vessel.

"My brother, the Yondaime, was more like a father to me. Our real father had disappeared before I was born, and Yondaime promised our mother that he would take care of us. By the time I was born, Yondaime was a highly regarded shinobi, some said the best that Konoha ever produced. Regardless if that was true, one thing was undeniable - he had inherited our father's remarkable chakra pool. His chakra pool was said to be greater than any 3 living Konoha shinobi combined.

"The elders, still in need of a vessel, realized that to combat the chakra of the 9-tails, the vessel that contained it had to have a chakra level strong enough to subdue the Kyuubi's. To them, there was no better vessel than someone from the Uzumaki line. If our naturally large chakra pool couldn't subdue the beast's than no one's could. So upon my birth, my mother and I were offered up as sacrifices, so that I could become Konoha's ultimate weapon.

"Everyone in Konoha knew who I was and what I had inside of me. I was their protection, yet they all treated me like a disease or a monster. I was isolated, ostracized, forced to grow up alone. I had no friends, no comrades. My genin squad refused to accept me, our jonin leader despised me. And the brother, who had promised our mother to protect me, had left me to fend for myself.

"Finally, I had had enough. When I turned 17, I vowed to never return to Konoha, unless it was to destroy it. But the village elders would not allow it, telling me that I belonged to Konoha, like a piece of property. When I finally made my escape, they sent a chuunin team to retrieve me. I incapacitated 2 of the 4 quickly, not yet willing to kill my former village mates. Do you know what the 2 remaining chuunins did when they saw their comrades motionless at my feet? They ran, leaving their so-called "friends" and "teammates" at my mercy. I chased the scum and slaughtered them both as payment for their cowardice.

"A village that can raise shinobi like that and call them their future doesn't deserve to be in existence. However, you Kakashi-kun do not need to suffer their fate because I see the true heart of a shinobi in you. Renounce your allegiance to Konoha, and join me in my quest to purge false shinobi and their villages from this world."

Kakashi took a deep breath as he absorbed what he had just heard. Was this really the destiny of someone who should be idolized and praised for their sacrifice? Was this how Konoha treated someone who had so little yet suffered so much? He turned to face Kenichi, who was eyeing him intently, waiting to hear Kakashi's answer to his offer.

"Looks like I'm in a no-win situation, huh?" Kakashi said as he winced in pain. "If I say 'Yes,' that would be doing exactly what you said is wrong with Konoha, and if I say 'No,' then you'll obviously kill me."

The boy amused Kenichi to no end. He was bright, skilled, strong, and a real shinobi. He had secretly hoped the boy would say 'Yes,' to his offer so that he wouldn't feel bad about killing the only thing worth saving in Konoha. But Kakashi's insight had seen through Kenichi's ruse. Unfortunately for Kakashi, his insight was right, and Kenichi felt bad that in a minute, he would have to end the life of this young genius. Kenichi rose to his feet, towering over the wounded shinobi, and drew his kunai. With a heavy heart, he placed it just above Kakashi's heart, and steadied himself to sink it in.

Suddenly, he felt his knees wobble under him, and his balance starting to give way. Something was happening, and he felt himself getting weaker and weaker. He collapsed on the floor next to Kakashi, breathing heavily and unable to move his body. He looked down, and to his surprise, he saw that he was covered with little black dots, except they were moving. Kenichi immediately realized his situation, and looked up to see Kakashi smiling at something behind him. Kenichi managed to turn his head to see what Kakashi was looking at, and at the other end street, stood a tall shinobi wearing a gray trench coat and sunglasses.

"Aburame clan, huh?" Kenichi chuckled, as painstakingly rose to his feet.
Sign up to rate and review this story