Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > La Timinia

Leaving

by panda_1418 2 reviews

The start of the journey

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-11-10 - Updated: 2006-11-10 - 618 words

0Unrated
Al was woken from his sleep by a loud sound. He groaned and rolled over, pulling off his sleeping mask. The clock read 1:20 in the morning.

"Aw man, it's too early!" he complained, rolling onto his back, trying to identify the sound. It was loud, very much like the sound a plane's engine would make. Al sat bolt upright. "Oh no ..."

He hopped out of bed and threw open the blinds. He could just barely see the outline of one of the Academy's small jets slowly making its way down the runway. Turning around, Al leaped clear over his bed, grabbing his cell as he landed.

"Scarlet!" he shouted after dialing. "Get out on the runway! We need to stop that plane!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Inside the plane]

Julius sighed sadly as he saw the two pyjama-clad figures come bursting out of the Academy. Al and Scarlet ran behind the plane, waving their arms wildly for him to stop. But nothing could deter Julius from his mission.

"It's not too late to turn back," Usha said quietly.

"But I'm not turning back," Julius answered, focusing on the path in front of him.

The plane began to pick up speed. It raced down the runway, leaving the two figures far behind it. If the roar of the engines had not been to great, Julius would have heard Al and Scarlet's desperate cries for him to re-think his options. Julius felt his ears pop as the plane lifted off the ground.

"Here we go," he whispered.

He gave the Academy one last glance. He could picture Delilah's still form, lying in her bed, fighting for her freedom. The mission was dangerous, he could not deny that. But the cause was much greater than the risk. He had to save his best friend.

"Usha," Julius began, breaking the uneasy silence, "where are we going?"

In answer, the demon stood up. She walked towards Julius, stopping by the pilot's seat. "Move, if you don't mind."

As Julius got up, he accidentally brushed against her skin. It was unnaturally cold; the feeling made him shiver. His mind told him it was against reason that he was holding conversation with someone who had been dead for a thousand years. But then again, he never listened to reason.

Usha entered the co-ordinates into Autopilot, and relaxed in the seat. Julius thought of asking her to move, since it was he who normally flew the plane on missions with Delilah. But he didn't say anything. Instead, he walked to the back of the plane and reclined in a seat. Despite his will, he began to drift into sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing Julius saw when he opened his eyes was an incredible bright light. It was so brilliant that he had to look away. Then, a most amazing thing happened: the light spoke.

"Aviv," it said in a deep, sepulchral voice, "you must hurry! Time is running out for your love!"

Even though it was only a dream, Julius could not hold back his normal response: "She's not my love, we're just friends!"

The bright figure seemed to shake its head. "Still even now you deny it? You must accept it, Aviv, or all is lost. Hurry. You are going the wrong way ..."


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Julius woke from his dream with a start. He was sweating and shaking uncontrollably. Before all of his dream could come back to him, Usha shouted from the cock-pit.

"Julius, come here!"

He rose and was at her side in an instant. Usha pointed a pale finger out the window. Julius knew what it was before she even said it.

"There it is!" Usha whispered. Was that fear that Julius could detect in her voice? "Light Island!"
Sign up to rate and review this story