Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > La Timinia

The Island

by panda_1418 2 reviews

Arriving to a not-so-warm welcome

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-11-11 - Updated: 2006-11-12 - 735 words

0Unrated
Guess what I worked on all day today? No, not this, but it did have to do with D&J. I am attempting to make a music video of D&J lovey-dovey moments using the song "Could It Be" by Christy Carlson Romano. It ticks me off that there is NOTHING on D&J on youtube.com, so I shall work. By the way, did you know how hard it is to synchronize pictures with music?? And the way the episodes are airing, I won't be finished until the end of January. But what ever, it's fun. However, I don't think that when I finish this I can actually upload it onto youtube. But whatever. Now, on with the story!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


As Usha brought the plane closer to the island, Julius could not help but note how peaceful it looked. Surely this place could not be full of peril? As if sensing his thoughts, Usha said, "Don't be fooled by outward appearances, Julius. The island is crawling with danger. It will be especially deadly, considering your company."

"What do you mean?" he asked, looking at her. "You? How can you affect -"

"I," Usha interrupted, "am a demon. I am dead. For the last ten centuries, I have done the Dark One's dark deeds, filling my heart with evil. This island is home to what you would call God, I suppose. The Light, /la timinia/, is the Lord, the Heavenly Father, and the Dark One is Satan, Lucifer. I am the devil's servant, therefore, evil. It is unheard of that a demon such as I would ever venture onto this island. For me, it is a death sentence."

Until now, it had not hit Julius just how much Usha was putting on the line. She had told him that it would only be he who would risk his life but she had been lying. Usha was in just as much danger as he was now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Usha set the plane down on the beach. Her landing was far smoother than any of Julius' best, and he appreciated it. As the ramp to the beach lowered, he could not help but notice his companion shiver with fear. This was a clash of worlds; pure evil meeting with pure good. But then again, Usha had deserted her master to help him. Even if it was out of jealousy, there had to be some good in her.

He placed a hand on her shoulder, ignoring the cold feeling. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

The demon looked up at him, her dead eyes meeting his. "I am sure. This is the only way to bring the Dark One's deception to an end."

Another question surfaced in Julius' mind, and he blurted it out before he could think. "What will happen to you when the Dark One falls?"

Usha shrugged. "I don't know."

He could tell she was lying, but he let it go. What business of his was her fate? As they walked down the ramp, Usha began to tremble more and more with fear. Julius could not help but wonder - what would happen when her foot met with the sand? Any second now, he would find out. They had reached the bottom of the ramp.

"You first." Usha commanded.

Julius obliged, stepping onto the sand. He had expected some sort of shock, maybe even a tingling sensation. But he felt nothing. He turned around to face the demon. "Your turn."

Encouraged by the non-events of Julius' encounter with the beach, Usha wasted no time. She took a confident step onto the sand. As soon as her foot made contact, a bright light burst out of the sand, lighting up the beach. Usha must have felt pain, for she screamed. As soon as the light had appeared, it was gone. Julius was about to say something when Usha held a finger to her lips.

"Don't make any sudden movements," she muttered, her mouth hardly moving. "We're being watched."

Seconds later, the foliage began to rustle. Julius gasped as wolves two times the size of normal wolves bounded onto the sand. But these were not normal wolves. Their fur was a bright yellow, and their eyes light blue. The leader, one slightly larger than the others, began to slowly walk forward.

"Oh snap," Julius whispered.

As soon as the words had left him mouth, the pack broke into a run.
Sign up to rate and review this story