Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Going Nowhere Fast

When Wrists Hurts More Than Hearts

by moocow 14 reviews

*My* carpal tunnel hurts more than my heart does for the characters in this story. my poor wrist. haha enjoyyyyyy

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-13 - 2007 words

0Unrated
My eyes were heavy and my toes were cold that mid- June afternoon. With dark skies covering the 3pm sun, the sprinkling of rain hitting the roof, distracting me from whatever was on the TV. I blinked several times before yawning, rolling over on the couch to rest on my side.

Pulling the throw blanket up over my shoulders, I fluttered my eyes closed in time for the slight noise of a car speed by, the sound of water picking up and splashing the driveway. The doorknob giggled and I bit my lip faintly as I raised my eyelids with a lazy smile.

"Hey sleepy head," Andy paused, locking the door and placing his bags down. "Long day, huh?" he asked.

I nodded and rolled over more, bringing my legs up slightly like I always did. The childish way I always hid my mouth and nose with my fingertips just to observe.

And I did, just watching him as he kicked odd his shoes before his jacket and walking over. He lifted my legs slightly and sat under them, my claves on his lap.

"How was tour?" I asked lightly.

Andy hummed while he turned his head towards me. I smiled at how his hair was growing more and past his ears again.

"It was ok," he mumbled and I bit my lip as he looked back at my feet, his warmer hands curling around them. "Your feet are /freezing/, Ev," I giggled lightly.

"I'm just cold...I always am," Andy nodded.

"Oh, I know," I sighed, sitting up and bringing the blanket up with me, curling it around my shoulders.

"Do you think we can talk now?" I whispered. Andy shrugged.

"If you want," I bit my lip and nodded.

"I think its best," Andy nodded and moved his arm to hold me up around my back, rubbing there with his hand.

"So..." he paused, smirking slightly. "This is weird because I'm usually alright with words," I bit my lip to stifle a smile and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"What's going to happen with us?" I paused to tilt my head up to see his reaction. "Let's start there," Andy gulped deeply and shrugged slightly.

"It's all up to you, Ev," he paused to scratch at his head. "I know you and Pete are dancing around each other," I licked my lips.

"Andy," I called and he glanced down at me. "I'm not going to chase him forever...I need a distraction," I smirked, a light smile appearing on my lips. "Just like Joe said," Andy nodded.

"But you know," I raised my hand to rest it on his arm and traced the visible tattoos there. "This is going to be weird if you don't um," he paused, skewing his mouth to one side. I glanced up, my fingers pausing on his skin.

"Love you?" I offered and Andy pursed his lips together before nodding once. I shook my head and lifted my head up, sitting up and watching as he stared directly at me.

"What?" he asked.

I smiled and rested my hands on his cheeks, bringing his head towards mine and closing my eyes as our lips touched briefly, letting Andy bring me closer, his hands curling around my waist and neck.

We broke apart a moment later and I blinked, feeling my lips curling into a smile. Andy rubbed his thumb across my cheekbone and bit his lip slightly.

"Honestly," he paused and pecked my lips again. "I never stopped loving you,"

-----------

"De Ja Fucking Vu," I muttered as I placed my hands on my hips. Izzy looked over at me with the pain cards.

"What?" she asked and I shook my head.

"I just remember when I first came here," Izzy nodded and took a deep breath.

"I'm glad Patrick took up the offer of living with me," I nudged her.

"Is that /all/?" I asked. Izzy bit her lip, frowning.

"Unfortunately, yeah," she paused. "But it's ok, because I'm strong and I won't let it rain on my parade," I nodded and leaned against the cart.

"You think I'm smart by getting back with Andy?" I asked. Izzy blinked, her eyes widening slightly.

"Well, first off, /yes/, because he makes you freaking ecstatic," she turned her head towards me as she picked up a can of paint. "And second off, you got back with Andy?" she hissed, brightly smiling. I nodded.

"Well, yeah, yesterday after he got home," Izzy nodded slowly and I bit my lip as I saw a familiar person sneaking up behind her.

"Did you guys get rid of all sexual frustration?" she yelped the last bit as her legs were lifted off the ground and I giggled as Patrick swung her around before placing her down, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"What's this about sexual frustration?" he asked. Izzy blushed madly.

"Oh, um," she pointed at me. "Evie here and Andy got back together last night," Patrick raised an eyebrow.

"So, hot dirty make-up sex, right?" I sighed, narrowing my eyes.

"For your information, no, not /yet/," Patrick smirked.

"Yet," he paused. "I love that word," he looked down at Izzy. "Right Izzy?" Izzy shrugged, bending over again to pick up another can of paint.

"Whatever you say, roomie," Patrick smirked and turned to stand next to me.

"What about Pete?" he asked. I blinked.

"What about him?" I asked back. Patrick bit his lip.

"Ev," he persisted and I sighed.

"Nothing, if he has something to say, I'll just tell him I'm with Andy," Patrick smirked.

"At least you're telling the truth," I knitted my eyebrows together.

"What?" I asked. Patrick sighed, shaking his head.

"I hated the fact Pete got me to lie to you about me having a girlfriend," he paused and then rested a hand on my shoulder. "And then lying to us about his girlfriend," I bit my lip.

"What lie?" I asked. Patrick rolled his eyes.

"There is no /girlfriend/," I narrowed my eyes and shook my head.

"I need to talk to that wanker," Patrick smirked and twirled his keys.

"I'll take Izzy home," I nodded, kissing his cheek.

"You do that, leprechaun," Patrick smiled, bringing me in for a hug.

"I missed that," he mumbled. I bit my lip and grabbed my purse.

"I'll see you guys later, alright?" I asked. Izzy waved and smiled as Patrick walked around the cart to stand next to her again, I sighed.

"Get in bed already,"

Needless to say they didn't hear me.

-----------

Arriving at Pete's house with a small pout already plastered to my face is one way to greet him.

"You really don't want to be here, do you?" Pete asked as he led me towards the living room. I bit my lip, sitting down on the couch.

"I still think we need to talk," Pete nodded, sitting down next to me.

"Talking's over-rated," he muttered. I bit my lip and sighed, looking down.

"Pete, I have to tell you something," Pete smiled, and my skin tingled as his fingers brushed against my chin to raise my face up.

"Me too,"

I bit my lip and he licked his lips slightly before bowing his head to capture my lips. I felt bad that I kissed back but broke it early as his tongue poked at my lips.

"Listen to me," I whispered. Pete's hands rested on my waist, one holding the side of my face.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I'm with Andy now," I happened to say at the same time.

Pete blinked as did I and we both widened our eyes.

"/What/?" we yelped at the same time.

Pete's hand fell from my face and his arms retreated to his lap. I bit my lip, swallowing any signs of nerves and narrowed my eyes slightly.

"I don't think I believe you," Pete looked defeated as I stood up. "For god's sake Pete, if you loved me, you would have not done the things you have done," Pete looked up at me, his hand curling around one of mine.

"I...I just want another change," I bit my lip.

"I'm not going to ruin something that I know is going to be perfect for another experiment," I paused, shaking my head. "Who's to say you just might, oh, I don't know, change your mind again?" I asked. Pete's bottom lips trembled.

"Ev, you're tearing me apart here," he whispered. I glared momentarily and ripped my hand away.

"You're lucky you didn't cause too much damage, Pete," I turned away. "Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if I never came here," Pete sighed, bringing his legs up to hug his knees.

"I love you," he whispered.

I closed my eyes for a moment and pulled my purse up higher on my shoulder.

"Tell me that six months ago," I whispered back.

I felt the house again and took a deep breath as I drove down the street, the sky darkening with the night, rain drops appearing on my windshield.

It didn't take long for me to pull into Andy's driveway only for me to climb up onto the hood of my car and stay there, letting the rain soak me to the bone.

But did I care?

Not one bit.

As my hair dampened and stuck to the hood of my car, I stared up at the sky and felt my chest shake with tears.

"Is this what I get for wishing you dead?" I whispered out. I twitched as lightning struck. "I thought so," the front door opened and there were footsteps.

"Ev, are you freaking crazy?" I turned my head to see Andy standing there with an umbrella, looking down at me. I smirked.

"Maybe," I replied and looked up at the sky. "Can you get me off this roof?" my teeth chattered and I shivered. "I'm too cold," Andy smirked and helped me off the roof.

"Ok," he muttered, his own teeth chattering. "You need a shower and new clothes and a long night's sleep," I nodded, my hands rubbing my arms for warmth.

Andy pushed me into the bathroom and closed the door for me and I sighed before looking in the mirror, finding my mascara pouring down my cheeks.

I shredded my clothes and climbed into the shower, starting the water and sitting down on the ground with my knees curled up to my chest. I closed my eyes and wiped at my face for a moment before feeling my breath shutter with fresh tears.

I don't know how long I was in the shower, but I climbed out some time later, wrapping a large towel around me while I picked up a smaller one to tease my hair.

I placed all the wet clothes in the bath and exited the bathroom, walking down the hall until I met my bedroom, sighing as I sat down and dropped the towel from my head and changed quickly. I snuggled under the blankets, my back away from the door.

Somewhere between sleep and reality, my bed shifted and a warm arm wrapped around my waist, my legs tangling with another pair.

"I was waiting for you to come snuggle with me," I sniffed, wiping my nose.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled. Andy kissed below my ear.

"You feeling alright?" he asked. I bit my lip and nodded into my pillow, snuggling my back into his chest.

"I might be getting sick," I whispered. Andy nodded into my neck and kissed there once before sighing.

"Get some sleep and we'll talk in the morning," I closed my eyes as he spoke and sniffed lightly before remembering what Pete had said.

"Andy?" I called. Andy hummed.

"What?" he asked. I bit my lip and lowered my voice.

"Do you believe love can have a second chance?"

There was a long pause before Andy answered making my mind run ragged and heart race until sleep prevailed.

"Love can have as many chances as it needs,"
Sign up to rate and review this story