Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Living In A Moment

Trying To Live On

by DBZVegeta 0 reviews

2nd story in the Travelin' Soldier Trilogy. Kagome has to try to live after she loses the one she loves. Is he really dead and can she continue to live on?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-14 - 773 words

0Unrated
Fic title: Living In A Moment
Penname: DBZVegeta
Summary: 2nd story in the Travelin' Soldier Trilogy. Kagome has to try to live after she loses the one she loves. Is he really dead and can she continue to live on?
Pairing: Kagome/Inuyasha
Rating: R
# of Chapters: 1/6
Category: Angst/Romance
Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own Inuyasha. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.
A/N: This is the sequel to my story "Travelin' Soldier", which I suggest that you read prior to this one, if you haven't already. A lot of this story references the other story, so not to get confused please read the other first.

Living In A Moment


~~~~~
Chapter 1 - Trying to Live On
~~~~~

General Sesshoumaru looked around the area where his brother had been supposedly killed. He had been on an inspection tour of the troops in Vietnam and had wanted to see where the battle had taken place. Granted he had not liked his brother very much, but he had still been his only blood relative, even if he was a half-demon.

Aware that the members of Inuyasha's former squad, the alpha wolf pack, were standing behind him quietly he turned to their new leader. "This is where you said he disappeared." Sesshoumaru asked quietly.

"Yes, sir. Yash was out front, like he always was, scouting when the attack started. Mortars and heavy weapons fire began barraging the entire area. We returned fire and fin had had to call in a napalm air strike. After the fireworks we searched the entire area looking for survivors and found his dog tags." The man said, pain seeming to radiate from his entire body. "I am sorry sir, Yash, uhm I mean, Sergeant Inuyasha was a good man."

"But, you never found his body, correct Sergeant." Sesshoumaru asked again, scanning the area in search of any sign of the hanyous' presence.

"No, we uh, assumed when we found his tags that he was dead. They were pretty much toasted." he said as he pulled a melted, twisted tag from his upper pocket. Looking a little sheepish he handed the tag over to General Sesshoumaru. "Umm, the camp commander let us keep one of the tags."

Sesshoumaru looked down at the twisted burnt metal in his hand and then back over the tangled burned area surrounding him. Silently he handed the man back his brother's tag and turned to leave. The members of alpha squad shared a knowing look between themselves as they fell into position around General Sesshoumaru and quietly they headed back to the LZ (landing zone) for extraction back to base camp.

~~~~~

Kagome's day had been hell. Her mother had finally forced her back to school after being absent for over two months and everyone was trying to treat her as if nothing had happened. She felt as if her heart had been ripped from her body and torn into tiny pieces to float away on the wind. Walking wearily home, her feet found the path automatically, her thoughts turned inward so that she did not realize where she was until her feet found the wood of the pier.

Looking out over the lake, she walked woodenly to the end of the pier and sat down heavily. Ever since Sesshoumaru had broken her out of her self-imposed trance, she had ended up here every day. Memories of that night would flood back through her and her cries of anguish could be heard drifting over the water. Today was no different, as tears began to fall steadily down her cheeks. Burying her head in her hands, her sobs grew louder until she was screaming her anguish to the world.

'How I wished that Inuyasha had never entered my life! I wish that Sesshoumaru had never came to give me the letter, waking me from the painless existence I had forced myself into!' she raged inwardly.

'No!' she thought suddenly the tears stopping as she jerked herself upright. 'I could nehavehave wished that Inuyasha hadn't entered my life. He gave me something more important than I'll ever get in my life again. His love.'

Standing up awkwardly, she looked out over the lake as the sun began to set and sparkle on the water. He wouldn't want her to grieve like this. He would want her to continue on and as he had said in his letter, they would meet again in another life. She needed to continue living for him, though she felt that she could never love again, she had to at least begin to live again. For him.

~~~~~

~TBC~
Sign up to rate and review this story