Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Lord Baron Harry Potter

Chapter 1

by wimvincken 3 reviews

One hour before Harry Potter becomes 16 years old, he is invited to go by portkey to Gringotts to be initiated as Lord Baron Harry James Potter. Then headmaster Dumbledore and Voldemort start hunti...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Molly Weasley, Moody, Petunia Dursley, Poppy Pomfrey, Ron, Snape, Tonks, Vernon Dursley, Voldemort - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 1867 words

1Cliche
A/N: carolquin, the boss and beta reader did her excellent work. Thank you so much.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters

-----

Summary: One hour before Harry Potter becomes sixteen years old; he is invited to go by Portkey to Gringotts to be initiated as Lord Baron Harry James Potter. Then headmaster Dumbledore and Voldemort start hunting him!
-----
Albus Dumbledore's brother Aberforth leaned with his back to the wall and studied his brother. Albus Dumbledore, the current headmaster of Hogwarts, head of the Order of Phoenix and leader of the light, was sitting quietly and patiently at the head of the large table in the meeting room.

Grimmauld place was, in the past, the family home of the noble house of Black, strong supporters of the dark. Because all descendents of the noble house of Black were death eaters, the status of the house was not clear. Aberforth could feel the house stir, like the house was trying to make up its mind what to do with all the people currently under its roof. Aberforth Dumbledore could feel that his brother was making up his mind about something very important; he never saw his brother like this.

Elphias Doge was the last order member to enter the room; everyone was complete the meeting could at last begin.

Albus Dumbledore stood up from his chair and held out his arms; quietness followed. Everyone looked expectantly to the headmaster of Hogwarts, who was looking serenely over all the members of the Order of Phoenix.

"I asked you all to come to this meeting for only one reason ... the war against Voldemort!" The power behind his words was strong and awesome; the eyes of most of the order members widened for they had never heard Albus Dumbledore speaking with such a display of power.

Severus Snape, the portion master of Hogwarts, looked at Albus Dumbledore with an expressionless face; only his eyes was more intense then ever; they were burning like black coals, reflecting the light of the candles in the room.

"I have invited some extra guests for this meeting. Amelia Bones is here from the ministry as Director of Law Enforcement and the two persons in the corner are from the Department of Mysteries."

All eyes were on the last two persons, who were looking intently at Albus Dumbledore.

"I'll get straight to the point. There is a prophecy, which was believed to be destroyed in the hall of Prophecies in the Department of Mysteries ... destroyed but not lost. This prophecy describes the faith of the world, the coming of the dark or the light. Sixteen years ago Ms. Trelawney made a true prophecy about Voldemort."

There were snorts coming from several people in the room. "SILENCE!" With flashing eyes, Albus Dumbledore looked straight to Minerva McGonagall, who sat frozen in her seat. Albus Dumbledore lowered his voice.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. ... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ..."

Silence followed the ringing words of Dumbledore, who was still standing at the head of the meeting table. His expression was still very intense and he was waiting for a reaction from his stunned audience.

One of the unspeakables stood up. His clothes was non-descriptive and all in dark brown heavy cloth. His hair was short and his eyes were deep blue and very penetrating. "The dark lord is clear ... that is Voldemort. But who is the one with the equal one?" The unspeakable sat immediately down and looked to Dumbledore with an unreadable expression in his blue eyes.

"Before I continue and tell who this individual is, there are some facts everyone must know. First, nobody can kill Voldemort." After the members of the order heard these shocking words, they began to stir with uneasiness. "That is impossible!" Alastor Moody exclaimed. "One Avada Kedavra and he is history."

Severus Snape abruptly stood up, his chair fell to the ground with a loud boom, and his face was fierce with conviction. "Yesterday five death eaters were ordered to fire the Killing Curse at the Dark Lord. When we were ready, he was laughing at them. Nothing happened to him when five killing curses hit him at the same time. He is still very much alive and healthy."

Albus Dumbledore's arms came up again and the room fell silent. "Voldemort managed to change his body and mind. He is not human anymore; he is a completely different creature. He does not need to breath anymore, he eats other types of food, his metabolism has completely changed, his movements are extremely fast when needed, and his magical power is greater then ever before. There is no one alive who is more powerful then him."

"What do you mean 'other types of food'?" Remus Lupin asked.

"He eats 10 kilos of flesh from living creatures, preferable woman" the dry voice of Severus Snape sounded throughout the room. "His metabolism has changed in such a way, that he no longer needs oxygen. He can move through water, fire, and air at will. When he needs to move fast, I cannot follow his movements, it is like a blur. The power of his spells are so great, he can easily blast a large hole through a thick wall with a simple expelliarmus spell. He has also become larger and he is now about two meters twenty. His eyes were already red, but now his eyes are blazing red and have the shape and look of a snake. The same for his tongue. His teeth are pointed and formed like a predatory animal. Shall I continue?"

Remus Lupin simply looked at Snape completely stunned and appalled.

"The Dark Lord loves to eat when all his death eaters are watching. Every death eater who gives any sign of weakness will be killed on the spot."

Silence.

Kingsley Shacklebolt stood up. "Why is you-know-who hiding? With that kind of power there is nothing to stop him from going to the ministry and begin attacking. He does not even need his death eaters."

Albus Dumbledore slowly smiled. "I know why Voldemort is not coming out of his hole. The prophecy, as I have told you, is not complete. There is an additional part of the prophecy which is only known by two people."

He held his hand up to stall the protests and the questions that were coming from the order.

"Voldemort already knows the part I have just told you, but he does not know the second part. Because of this missing part of the prophecy, he is still in hiding. When Voldemort learns the second part of the prophecy everything will be lost and everyone will die. The coming of the darkness will then be a fact and can not be stopped."

Dumbledore was breathing deeply now.

"With the power and efforts of all the 78 aurors of the ministry, combined with my power, it will still not be enough to harm Voldemort. Even when we use dragons, hell fire or the use of the most powerful spells and curses, still it will not enough to damage his body."

Again silence.

"Is there no hope? What about the one who is called the 'equal one' from the prophecy? Why is that person not standing up to you-know-who and kill him?" Bill Weasley asked.

Dumbledore looked tiredly at Bill. "Because the person the prophecy refers to is not ready to face his destiny yet, he is too young and lacks the knowledge and experience to face his destiny and win."

"Who is that person then, Albus?" Molly Weasley asked.

The eyes of Albus Dumbledore started to twinkle and he faced Molly Weasley. "He is the most extraordinary person I have ever had the honor to meet. He can not be killed by any means, like Voldemort. He is extraordinarily powerful for his age and he has already confronted Voldemort many times. He is the only person who killed Voldemort sixteen years ago!"

The eyes of Molly Weasley became bigger. Albus Dumbledore's twinkle became more intensive. "Yes Molly, the one from the prophecy is the one you are thinking about. The boy will come at age after one year from now and when the boy does his power level will increase. He will become as powerful as Voldemort is. Voldemort can not be killed by anyone but this boy but at the same time the opposite is also true; the boy can not be killed by anyone but Voldemort."

"Potter! Always this spoiled brat with that disgusting father of his. He is the one you are talking about, Albus?"

"Severus, please keep your temper in check. The son is not the same as his father, but yes he is the one who is described in the prophecy."

"Why are you not preparing and training Harry Potter? I understand that he is now in his sixth year at Hogwarts, and I also understand that he has average performance, except that he is well versed in Defense against the Dark Arts.", growled Alastor Moody.

Amelia Bones became more and more excited and stood up. "If he is the one who can fight you-know-who, he should have been trained from the moment he could walk!"

"That brat can't even remember the name of the simplest portions! He is not able to focus enough to complete a sleeping draught. How can he be trained to fight the Dark Lord! We would do better to stop and hide somewhere for it could give us some more weeks before the Dark Lord will find us!" Severus Snape was fuming now, his face ugly and red like a Weasley and radiating magic with more and more expanding waves.

"STOP ALL OF YOU!" The words were accompanied with a loud bang from Albus Dumbledore. He continued to speak in a softer voice. "There are latent powers in Harry Potter, which are waiting to be released. That will only happen when he turns seventeen and comes of age. Only then we can start training him. The training will consist of teaching him new magic but to teach him how to control his powers."

The blue eyed unspeakable stood quietly up again. "We believe that this prophecy is broken. Harry Potter managed to kill Voldemort when he was one year old and the prophecy was fulfilled. However, Voldemort managed to avoid death because of two rituals he performed before he was killed. Voldemort was successful and he came back but not as the person he was before. That person indeed died and now he is back as different creature."

The second unspeakable stood up and began to speak with a deep baritone voice. "We believe that parts of the prophecy are still valid, but other parts are broken. We believe that Harry Potter is the only one who can kill Voldemort. And we know the full prophecy as well." Both unspeakables sat down; their faces did not hold any emotion.

Aberforth Dumbledore sighted deeply. "Merlin, help us all." The house stirred again."
Sign up to rate and review this story