Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Lord Baron Harry Potter

Chapter 1

by wimvincken 3 reviews

One hour before Harry Potter becomes 16 years old, he is invited to go by portkey to Gringotts to be initiated as Lord Baron Harry James Potter. Then headmaster Dumbledore and Voldemort start hunti...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Molly Weasley, Moody, Petunia Dursley, Poppy Pomfrey, Ron, Snape, Tonks, Vernon Dursley, Voldemort - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 1667 words

1Funny
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters

-----

At number 4 Privet Drive in Little Whining everyone was asleep, except Harry Potter. He was forced to live in the smallest bedroom of the house. A bedroom furnished with a small bed, an old table and a broken chair. His trunk stood in the middle of the little room, blocking easy access to the table. Harry Potter was sitting on his bed slowly working him self into furious frenzy. He was beyond anger. He was so angry, angrier then he has ever before.

Harry realized that his relatives were not forcing him to stay there. As far as they were concerned he could walk out and be blasted by Lord what's his name and they would never have to put up with his freakishness again. Harry sent Hedwig to Professor Dumbledore and asked him why he still needed to stay at Privet Drive. Before the resurrection of Voldemort the reason bee the protection the blood magic would offer him. But Voldemort countered the protection by taking his blood in a ritual which gave him back his body! According Harry Voldemort could easily walk through all the wards around the house and kill him.

And what did the old, manipulating man did? He sent his Phoenix, Fawkes, with a letter to tell him that it is not a good idea to contact anyone by owl anymore. So the old man confiscated his beloved owl Hedwig, his first and only friend available, and promised to contact Harry by various, but unspecified means.

Now he was totally stuck because his uncle Vernon locked him up in this small room. Harry could not understand what he could've done to be locked in his room but he knew that his presence alone was enough to set off Uncle Vernon. Once a day his aunt Petunia would push some food and water through the cat-door and allow him out to go to the bathroom.

Today was his third day at bloody Privet Drive in bloody Little Whining. No sleep, only nightmares and when he was not sleeping or having nightmares, he had absolutely nothing to do other than stare at a hole in the dirty wall. Thinking about Sirius hurt too much. Thinking about Ron and Hermione, he felt only betrayal. Thinking about the Burrow, his heart contracted because of longing.

When he was with his so called relatives three days ago at Platform Nine and Three Quarters, he saw how Ron and Hermione looked at each other, hardly saying good bye to him. He had the feeling that the duo had a nice summer vacation, while he was stuck in this hell hole of a prison cell. The threats that the order had made with his uncle also did not help. At the moment they reached Privet Drive his uncle kicked him into his room and locked him in for the summer.

Harry was never so angry in his short life before. He wanted to break something; he wished that he could perform magic, so he could unleash it to everything what moved...

Suddenly his eyes lighted up. "That is it! I can do magic!" He knew that once his magic was detected he would be expelled and Dumbledore would need to go though a lot of effort to get him off the hook, because his golden wonder child was needed for his little sadistic game called "prophecy"!

Harry took his wand and tried to remember how to conjure some food from Hogwarts. He was not sure if it was possible to conjure the food from this distance and he was also not sure if he would be allowed to conjure it.

Harry opened his trunk and started to look into his books to conjure up some food. After thirty minutes he gave up. He took his wand, closed his eyes, concentrated on a good dinner at Hogwarts and gave it a swing.

WHAM!

He eyes flew wide open! He felt hot sauce dripping down from his head, spaghetti hanging in front of his eyes. He did manage to get the food but the delivery still needed to be worked on. A large grin appeared on his face. "Oh, this will be fun! First I can eat and then the old coot is going to have some explaining to do at the ministry. "

Harry used his hands to clean the foot on his head; spaghetti with tomato sauce and rinsed meat. While trying to scrape the food from his head the expected owl from the ministry flew straight through his open window. Harry did not even bother to read the parchment from the Improper Use of Magic Office because he already knew what it said. He was curious to know what Dumbledore would say to Madame Hopkirk.

When he was finished eating the food on his head, he cleaned him self and began to look through his spell books for more fun. His attention fell on the section of conjuring objects to be used temporarily. He concentrated deeply, thinking about a nice bed and some blankets and sheets, pointed his wand to his bed and voila, a new bed, blankets and nice blue sheets appeared. He loved it and continue with the rest of his room.

Harry banished his broken table and chair and conjured a compact looking table with a healthy chair. And yes, there came the second owl from the Improper Use of Magic Office. He was in a lot of trouble. Harry was now busy trying out a painting spell he had discovered in the chapter of house improvement. Every strike with the magical paint brush was counted as an additional improper use of under aged magic. In the mean time he had already received eight owls from the Improper Use of Magic Office and was wondering when someone would show up.

Harry looked at the barred window of his small prison cell. The bars were thick; impossible to escape in the normal way but they were wide enough to allow owls through the window. Harry gave a short twist with his wand and the bars were banished. Now the grin on his face became even wider because Harry banished the bars to the kitchen window downstairs.

Harry saw that the wall with the window started to move! "Oh no!" he thought. "That twist was too fast." The wall was slowly falling outside. It disappeared from view and soon a loud crash was heard. Now he could admire the whole of Privet Drive from his bed. For the first time since he could last remember Harry felt like laughing and that's what he did. The only door in his room suddenly flew open and a perplexed Vernon Dursley was gaping at the view of Privet Drive before him. His mouth was open and his eyes were almost popping out of its sockets. Uncle Vernon's face quickly became a nice shade of purple. Three official looking ministry owls flew in with their notices and dropped them on Harry's bed.

"Uncle Vernon, close your mouth. Insects and birds might build nests! Stupefy" His uncle fell like a brick wall.

Harry was looking thoughtfully at the wreckage what was once his wall and window. "Maybe I could conjure that wall back to its place, but what mindset must I use?" His frowned deeply.

"When it goes wrong, the whole house might come down!" Movement outside caught his attention and with his wand at the ready he was waiting. Several figures were approaching the house and looking up into his now open and exposed room. "Wotcher Harry, nice view you have there!" Harry stood up from his bed and looked down to four figures. "Hi Tonks, Bill, Mundungus and Moody. I am practicing my magic but without something proper to practice on I thought I'd try some redecorating. Also, bloody Dumbledore has confiscated my owl; my bloody relatives do not give me any food and have locked me up in this prison, so I thought ..."

Harry heard Alastor Moody using some very juicy cursing words, while Tonks and Bill were laughing. Mundungus did not look sober enough to care, so he was just standing in front of the house.

"Can someone arrange for some food for me please? I have some muggle money you can use to buy something." Alastor Moody continued spitting some power words and apparated straight into Harry's room.

"You know what, Potter? I'll fix the wall and handle the ministry and you will calm down. I will arrange for a house elf to supply you with food and I will also talk to your headmaster to get some of these restrictions removed for you. Then maybe we can arrange for some training and exercise for you. Is that acceptable with you?"

Harry nodded. "It is about time that Dumbledore did something constructive."

"Hi Harry", Bill's voice came from outside. "Hi Bill. Give my greetings to your family and Ginny. Tell them I miss them terribly." 'Where did THAT come from? Ginny?' he thought.

Bill smirked. "I will tell my family. Must I tell Ginny something different?"

Harry went totally red from embarrassment. After hesitating Harry collected his Gryffindor courage. "Yeah, ask her to write me?"

Bill smiled. "I know something much better and faster. I have a letter from Ginny with me. She asked me to deliver it personally and so I did." Bill apparated into his room and gave Harry Ginny's letter. "Thanks Bill!" Harry exclaimed. He tore the letter open like it was the last thing he could do on earth and started to read.

When Harry finished reading the letter, he felt so grateful for Ginny.

That night Harry was sleeping soundly for the first time in a long time, dreaming about a certain red haired girl. The wall was its place, the bars before the window; his uncle was snoring loudly and had no knowledge and memories of the events that happened in Harry's room.
Sign up to rate and review this story