Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Lord Baron Harry Potter

Chapter 3

by wimvincken 3 reviews

One hour before Harry Potter becomes 16 years old, he is invited to go by portkey to Gringotts to be initiated as Lord Baron Harry James Potter. Then headmaster Dumbledore and Voldemort start hunti...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Molly Weasley, Moody, Petunia Dursley, Poppy Pomfrey, Ron, Snape, Tonks, Vernon Dursley, Voldemort - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 1229 words

1Funny
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters

-----

Weeks went by but no news from Dumbledore. Only Tonks, Bill and Moody came regularly visiting him. Harry decided not to ask Dumbledore anything anymore, but he was writing Ginny and Bill was playing the postman.

There were no restrictions lifted, nightmares came and went, guilt was everywhere and very consuming, there was still no food, except what Tonks, Bill and Moody brought, and he was still feeling very lonely, abandoned and betrayed. Only the letters from Ginny kept him sane.

Ginny was bored beyond belief, if Harry could believe her letters. She also had a lot of nightmares from Tom, as Ginny called Voldemort. She was still not healed from the chamber of secrets and she had a lot of problems with guilt. She felt responsible for the damage she had done and she still felt terrible at what she did to Hermione and the danger she brought to Harry. Dean broke up with Ginny one week in the vacation and Ginny was very upset about that; Dean told her that he had a crush on Padma Patil.

Ron was mooning about Hermione and she arrived at the Burrow a week ago. Both of them were taking long walks and stayed for hours in the garden. Percy was still angry with his family and stubbornly refused to make amends. Ginny wrote a lot about the little daily things of life in and around the Burrow and Harry was very happy to read those letters.

One day Harry asked Ginny in one of his letters for some idea's to prank his muggles family. Ginny gave Bill two letters and a small package. "What is this package, Gin?" Bill asked. "Bill, you don't want to know what this is, believe me." Smirking Ginny left Bill to his thoughts.

That evening when Tonks, Bill and Moody came by for a daily visit, Bill asked if there was something going on between Harry and Ginny. Harry turned red very fast. "Of cause not Bill, why do you think so?"

Bill looked thoughtful at Harry. "I don't know, Harry. Ginny looks almost happy now that she can write you letters everyday, and for someone who likes to be only friends with Ginny, daily letters are somewhat too much, don't you think?"

Harry became even more red and looked to the ground. He could feel his face burning, wishing he could sink into the ground at that moment. "Well Potter, don't hold it in, spit it out. You do like that firecracker of a Weasley girl, don't you?" a laughing Moody was putting his part to the discussion about Harry's love life.

"Harry, you know what? I think we need to do some shopping before you see Ginny the next time. Some decent clothing is not such a bad idea!" Tonks added her part to the fire.

"Yes, Harry. Don't forget the flowers for mum and some bottle of fire whiskey for Dad. When you do that, don't forget the chocolates and flowers for Ginny as well! Bill was laughing out loud now, while Harry wished he could apparate.

Suddenly Harry had an idea. He knew they were teasing him, but maybe he could pay back with the same coin.

"Bill, I need to tell you something. Before I went to Privet Drive I had that talk with your parents already. They have given us their blessing..."

Bill looked dump-stuck to Harry.

"It gets even better, Ginny and I are engaged, our marriage is on her birthday, the 11th of August. The only problem I have is that I have not found the person who can be my best man. Bill do you want to stand on my side when the big happening will occur?" Bill's eyes went wide! "What do you say?" Bill looked pale and stuttered "Uh ... well ... why ... why didn't I know ... you said that mum and dad ..."

Harry started to laugh. "I got you back now, didn't I?" Now it was Bill's turn to became red. "Yes, you little ... This was a joke?" "Yes Bill, this was a joke. I am not marrying Ginny and I did not have that talk with your parents." Harry turned to put his letters and package on his table and murmured "yet".

"I heard that!" Moody exclaimed out loud. Watch what you say to the Weasley's Potter, because they might eat you raw for breakfast."

Harry turned to Moody and looked him strait into his eyes. "I fear of no one. Only the wrath of Ginny. Not even Voldemort is able to scare me as she can."

Bill nodded his head in confirmation. "You are absolutely right about that, Harry"

When the three were gone and Harry was alone in his room again, he looked to the letters. He saw one letter was from the Twins and the other letter was from Ginny. He opened the letter from the Twins first and started to laugh. "Oh, this will be fun. What they put in the package was a bottle with liquid to place in shampoo or aftershave. The effects would start after two hours and it would take 24 hours to wear off. The clothes the victim was wearing would become transparent, including the underwear. The last bottle also contained liquid, but the effect would be even funnier. The color of the victim's hair would change into bright red, but the victim would not notice the color change.

Harry stood up, took his wand, pointed it to the door and murmured "alohamora". Harry could hear the many locks clicking open. Harry immediately went to the bathroom and placed the content of the invisible liquid into the aftershave of his uncle and Dudley. Tomorrow would be an extremely good day! Harry went back to his room and started to read Ginny's letter again.

At that moment, a regal owl flew into his room from the open window. The own landed on the edge of the table. Harry looked at the letter, which was tied to the leg of the owl. He recognized the emblem of Gringotts and he took the letter and placed it on his table. The regal owl took flight through his window and disappeared in the night.

30th July 1996

Dear Mr. H. Potter,

We formally invite you to begin your initiation into the Potter family inheritance at 12 AM in our offices.

Because you are the last Potter alive, you will be initiated as head of the Potter family. As head of the family, your legal age of initiation is sixteen years.

This letter also functions as a portkey. At 11:50 PM you need only to tap this letter three times with your wand and the portkey will bring you to our offices.

This initiation service is a paid service that has been implemented and performed to you and the Potter family for the last 567 years.

Best regards,

Grintlog

President of Gringotts

Harry read the letter repeatedly. He looked at his clock in alarm and it was 11:40! He only had ten minutes. He ran to the bathroom and washed him self quickly, put on his best rags he could find and looked to the clock. It was now 11:50 pm. He took his wand and tapped three times on the parchment and his world changed into a whirlwind until he felt solid ground under his feed.
Sign up to rate and review this story