Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Lord Baron Harry Potter

Chapter 13

by wimvincken 3 reviews

One hour before Harry Potter becomes 16 years old, he is invited to go by portkey to Gringotts to be initiated as Lord Baron Harry James Potter. Then headmaster Dumbledore and Voldemort start hunti...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Molly Weasley, Moody, Petunia Dursley, Poppy Pomfrey, Ron, Snape, Tonks, Vernon Dursley, Voldemort - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 1757 words

2Original
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters

-----

Severus Snape lay on the ground with his head to an alcove, hidden with a dirty curtain.

"Master, Dumbledore is ready for you."

"I know that, Snape!" a screeching voice came from behind the dirty curtain. "But my physical state disallows me to enter the castle. Bring the fool here."

"Yes Master"

"Do you have the portion ready?" the voice hissed.

"I have the portion ready, Master."

"Put that potion in their food during the welcoming feast ... I want nobody to survive, IS THAT CLEAR?"

"Yes Master" Snape stood up and slowly left the hall, still bowing.

The moon lit up the grounds around Hogwarts and an unearthly glow glistened over the lake. The trees in the forbidden forest waved unnaturally, everything was just too unnaturally quiet and very cold.

Two lone figures moved over the grounds towards the gate of the castle. One figure walked in haste. He had black, oily hair and was dressed in black thick robes but the other figure walked with serenity. He had a long white beard and was dressed in colorful robes and he could easily match the speed of his companion because of his long legs. In his right hand, he carried a beautiful white staff and he used it to assist in his walking. He held his head up and he gave the impression of power, kindness and integrity ... all except for the eyes. These eyes were glowing like red, burning coals, lighting up his direct surroundings.

His companion looked nervously at the serene looking headmaster. "Be quiet before we wake up that great oaf", he whispered sharply.

They passed the hut belonging to Hogwarts gamekeeper, Hagrid, who was sleeping soundly. When the two had passed his hut, Hagrid stirred. A chilly wind went straight into his hut. When the two figures reached the gates, Severus Snape took the arm of Albus Dumbledore and apparated away with a loud popping sound. The wind started to blow, night animals started move and the temperature went to normal again.

Tom Marvolo Riddle was looking with malice at the two approaching figures. One enemy will bow to him today; the other enemy will be gone soon enough. The two figures stopped in front of his alcove and immediately Severus Snape bowed deeply and prostrated himself while the white bearded old man stood still and frozen in his tracks.

The curtains of the alcove slowly opened and Albus Dumbledore looked to the figure resting on a cot.

Slowly Voldemort started to float and move towards the entrance of the alcove. He already looked hideous before his confrontation with the Potter brat, but now he looked worse as if that could be possible.

Snape could see that Voldemort's legs vaguely resembled the legs of a hyena, except that they were black and a lot bigger. Voldemort did not seem to need the use of these legs for right now he was floating and quickly approaching him and Dumbledore.

"You are a bigger fool then I thought possible, Dumbledore." There came no reaction from the tall figure, still standing. "Snape was feeding you the sweets for years now, and only in the last six months has he increased the dosage of my submission potion and now you belong to me. What do you have to say for your self, old fool?"

There was only silence.

"I see that you still try to fight me ... good ... but it will not help you here."

Voldemort could not help to gloat. Voldemort pulled a small knife from his robes and made a small cut on Dumbledore's forearm. As the blood came streaming out of the wound, Voldemort took his wand and, pointed it at Dumbledore's arm and whispered a long incantation.

Snape looked to his two masters. Voldemort was still busy with the old man, the slits in his face became deep red and he could almost taste the magic in the air, which was streaming from both men. Clouds of black mist started to spread over the scene as flashes of lighting could be seen through the misty blackness. He could hear mad shrieking sounds coming from the mist, the distressed screams of suffering and agony from Dumbledore. Here and there were flashes of light, exchanged with flashes of angry red.

Snape lost track of time ... he had no idea how long he stood there, looking at the battle of his two masters. He understood what Voldemort was doing and why he wanted to destroy Dumbledore. If Voldemort succeeded, the headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore, would be gone and replaced by Merlin knows what. If Voldemort failed, then Dumbledore would simply die. For him there was no doubt that Voldemort was stronger then Dumbledore.

After what seemed like hours to Snape, the mist dissolved and all sounds stopped. In front of Snape Voldemort stood and Dumbledore kneeled with his head arched down. "Stand my servant" Voldemort sneered and motioned his only arm up as if he was blessing the old headmaster. Dumbledore stood and passively waited for orders. "Look at Snape" Voldemort ordered.

Slowly Dumbledore faced Snape and Snape gasped. While Dumbledore still looked the same, his eyes reflected death: cold, searing death.

Snape was shocked to the bone while waves of fear radiated though his body. He suddenly realized that Voldemort could do this to him too.

As if reading Snape's emotions, Voldemort started to laugh. "Snape let me introduce you to Ha'alem, a demon from the seventh level. Dumbledore is not with us anymore, but he is spending quality time with the colleagues of Ha'alem."

Snape knew that the demon world was divided into seven levels, the higher the level, the more powerful the demon was. A demon from the seventh level was the strongest and most vicious.

He also realized what demons were eating. Demons would only devour the souls of creatures, preferable humans. When a soul was devoured by a demon, it did not die immediately, but very slowly and it could take millennia before the soul was truly gone.

Voldemort snapped his fingers and a group of five people came into the hall. Three death eaters with two prisoners; those were two young girls. The group approached them ... and prostrated them selves in front of Voldemort then quickly disappeared. The two girls were left behind and Voldemort pointed to the girls with a vicious grimace. "Eat"

Dumbledore immediately jumped in front of the two frightened girls, who had no time to react and stood frozen in fear and terror. Dumbledore's face changed into a hideous creature with many eyes and a huge jaw that had a double row of big, pointy teeth. The creature paused and intently looked at the girls when it reached out and tore the head off the first girl.

Snape quickly looked away. He had seen many people tortured in his life but never something like this. Even though the girls were muggles, it was impossible for the Potions master to look.

His eyes stopped on Voldemort who was looking at him intently. "Well, well Snape. I see that you have a weak stomach after all!" Snape's mind was being pressed into a tunnel, the wailing and screaming of the last girl devoured had stopped, and he felt his mind being pushed forward. He felt a terrible pain in his head and then everything went black.

Suddenly there was a light and Snape awoke with a shock. He opened his eyes and looked around. He was still in the hall with Voldemort and the Dumbledore creature.

"Snape, you will return to Hogwarts and be sure the portion works." Voldemort turned to Ha'alem. "You, my pet, will return to Hogwarts one day before the welcoming feast. We will send Hogwarts an owl with a good excuse. In the mean time we will begin to kill off the Order of Phoenix, my dear Ha'alem."

Laughter echoed throughout the hall. "I will be ready to confront the wizarding world within a month."

"HARRY JAMES POTTER, and your many last names, FOR THE LAST TIME ... WILL YOU LISTEN TO ME?"

Harry grimaced. "Yes of cause, dear."

"DON'T YOU DEAR TO ME!" Ginny's expression of annoyance softened when she looked at him. How could she stay irritated with him?

"I want you to listen to me Harry, because I am worried about Dumbledore and Snape. How is it possible that the greatest wizard of the world was possessed? I think that I know what I am talking about, because at my first year I was possessed by a diary. Dumbledore is too experienced to fall for something like that! Moreover, I know something else. When you are possessed the first time, the next possession goes much easier."

Harry nodded his head in confirmation. "You are right of cause."

"Of cause I am right Harry. However, there is something else. We do not know how Dumbledore got possessed and as long as that is the case; he can be possessed again at all times. And by the way, did you see Fawkes?"

Harry stopped and mentally kicked himself. "How could I forget Fawkes?"

Ginny looked him in the eyes, "I am also worried about Mum and Dad, my brothers ... they are all in the order and with Dumbledore being possessed by Voldemort he now knows all of the order's secrets and much more. I am afraid that Voldemort is going to attack and kill everyone."

Harry stood up. "I will send Dumbledore a message to ask him about that and we will see how he reacts. If he is evasive, we know that something is wrong."

Sturgis Podmore and Alastor Moody walked towards Grimmauld Place, when suddenly the figure of Albus Dumbledore appeared a hundred meters in front of them. Alastor Moody suddenly held out his arm to stop Sturgis Podmore, looking intensely with both eyes at Albus Dumbledore. "What the ..."

Albus Dumbledore suddenly disappeared in front of their eyes, he already entered the place and he put the house was under a Fidelius Charm so no member of the order could see the place again.

"That was not Dumbledore. That was something ... else" Moody growled.

The block with houses where number 12 was part of exploded with a large flash. Alastor Moody grabbed Sturgis Podmore and disapparated as fast as possible before large chunks of stone hit the exact place where they stood seconds before.

-----

Authors notes:

That was it. Thanks for the reviews.

Next chapter: Surprises, preparations and battles behind closed doors
Sign up to rate and review this story