Categories > Anime/Manga > Hellsing > Last of the Vampires

A Worse Fate

by hellscountess 1 review

...

Category: Hellsing - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Alucard, Integra, Seras, Walter - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-18 - Updated: 2006-11-19 - 984 words

-1OOC
Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing, or any of its characters. Hellsing is copywrite Kohta Hirano.

Alucard stalked down the halls of the Mansion in a foul mood. They hadn't caught the FREAK. There hadn't even been a sign of him. His Master would not be pleased. Failure irked her more than anything else he knew... other than disrespect. He grinned briefly at the memories of all the times she'd lost it because of his "impertinence."

Truth was, he didn't like failure either. Especially his own. A growl escaped his lips as he neared her office.

Integra had resumed smoking, and had already replaced her gun in its drawer. It couldn't help her with this. She exhaled a cloud of smoke, and pondered how she was going to keep him still long enough to do what she had to do.

That all-too-familiar tingle went down her spine, announcing his presence.

Alucard phased through the wall, coming up to her desk. "The mission was a failure, my Master. The FREAK escaped." Integra took another drag, seemingly unconcerned. He was visibly taken aback, supposedly at her lack of reaction. She set the cigar in the ashtray once more, and sighed heavily. Lord Hellsing got out of her chair, and came over to stand by him. His face became blank.

She knew there was no point in trying to protect herself, so she just began the chant.

Integra was no fool. Shortly after Alucard's release, and her inheritance of Hellsing, she'd confronted Walter about how Alucard came to be in that room. Apparently, her father, Lord Lionel Hellsing, had not been strong enough to stand up to Alucard. He could not control him. Then again, Sir Lionel was smart enough to know this, smart enough to know that a loss of control would be fatal. He delved into the notes of Van Hellsing himself, searching for a way to contain the monster.

One day, he'd found something.

While his men kept Alucard occupied, Sir Lionel had chanted the words that used the power of the seals to bind Alucard further, in physical constraints as well as magical ones. He then locked the vampire behind another physical seal, made by Hellsing blood, and only breakable by Hellsing blood.

And now, because Hellsing's pet was, for all intents and purposes, invincible, Integra had to lock him away again.

Alucard shook his head. He couldn't be hearing her correctly.

He'd only heard those words twice before in his life. Once, hundreds of years ago, from the lips of a long-dead Hellsing; and once, only thirty years ago, from Lionel. He never dreamed they'd come from his beloved Master's lips. Never from her lips.

"Master," He cried, "Master, STOP!"

She locked eyes with him, and continued, the words in an ancient tongue filling the air, pressing on him. He couldn't think... it was... "MASTER, PLEASE!" Why? Why is she doing this? She has to stop! He sank to his knees, but his eyes remained fixed on Integra's. They held... Pity? She PITIES ME?

Her thought invaded his mind. I'm sorry, Alucard.

He growled, and threw himself forward, slamming into her legs, and bringing her to the ground. "NO! I WON'T LET YOU!" She winced as she hit the floor, her arm bent under her at an odd angle. Still, she went on. He felt the words solidifying, turning into invisible ropes that bound his arms. He knew that soon, they wouldn't be invisible anymore. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!"

He crawled on top of her as best her could, trying to press the air out of her, to break the flow of words. Still, she chanted, although the words were fainter. He snarled, and glanced down at himself. They were fading into view now, the bonds that he knew too well. "MASTER!" Alucard began to become frantic, searching for a way to stop her, short of killing her. Or killing her, if that's what it took. Inspiration struck, and he leaned forward, and pressed his lips to hers.

She stopped chanting, out of shock.

The bonds loosened, fading back into air, and Alucard gave a deep mental sigh of relief. She could never have really done it... He didn't give any thought to how close he'd come. Instead, he focused his attention on his Master, who was struggling to get out from underneath him, and break the kiss. He deepened it, enjoying having her at his mercy. He'd never gotten this close to her before... and oh, how nice it was...

It wasn't until she began making muted noises in protest that he remembered she still had to breathe. He pulled away, and she took a gasping breath, her eyes almost out of her skull in fury. Integra would've eaten him alive then, if she could. He only grinned, and clapped a hand over her mouth when she tried to speak. "Not again, Master. I won't go back into the dungeon for another twenty years." She squirmed, and he chuckled dangerously.

"Why, though, Master? Why would you wish to lock me away again? Do you think you're losing control? Is that it?" His tone walked the line between curiosity and anger. "Am I a TOY? IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK? SOMETHING ONLY TO BE USED ON OCCASION, THEN PUT BACK ON THE SHELF?"

She stopped moving, and looked him dead in the eyes./ I'm doing this, my servant, because I have no other choice./ Her voice was currently calm, with only faint hints of anger. She wasn't pleased, and she certainly wasn't getting any happier. My ORDERS are to kill you, but we both know how futile an attempt that would be. He took it as a compliment, but was still shocked by the words. Kill him? Orders? This is the way it has to be. Now get off me. That's a command, Alucard.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Integra."
Sign up to rate and review this story