Categories > Anime/Manga > Hellsing > Last of the Vampires

Broken Duty

by hellscountess 0 reviews

...

Category: Hellsing - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Alucard, Integra, Seras, Walter - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-18 - Updated: 2006-11-19 - 731 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing, or any of its characters. Hellsing is copywrite Kohta Hirano.

Seras felt the tears trailing down her face, and watched as Integra pulled the trigger./ NO! Not Sir Integra! She'd never hurt me! The Master of my Master would NEVER hurt me!/ All of her thoughts were blown away when she heard the blast of the gun.

Her head snapped back with the force of the impact, and she hit the floor fully, in shock. She lay there for a minute, expecting to turn to ash. The whole right side of her face was burning, and blood was running down her neck. But she wasn't ash.

She sat up, and more tears ran down her face, from pain and betrayal. She sat up, and saw Integra regarding her with emotionless eyes. She missed. But... Sir Integra NEVER misses. The gun fired again, and the vampiress' head flew back once more. She struggled into a seated position again, and realized that the bullet had grazed the other side of her face. She brought her hands up, and gasped in pain.

Then it hit her. Why this was happening.

The streets were clean of FREAKS... Seras and her Master had destroyed them all. The Hellsing organization had tracked down all the ancient True Vampires, eliminating them one by one. Iscariot had taken care of what they didn't. The nights were safe from the paranormal. No more vampires.

Except two.

Integra watched realization spread across Seras' face.

There was a pounding on the door, and Walter's voice called out, "Sir Integra! Are you all right? I thought I heard gunfire!"

"I'm fine Walter, it must have been your imagination. Now please, I'm busy."

The footsteps disappeared down the hall, and Seras awoke from her reverie. She began to cry more, and threw herself forward a bit as she cried out in anger and pain, "Just DO IT! Stop TOYING with me!" She was sobbing now, but the look in her eyes was betrayal and hatred. She was gritting her teeth, and clenching her hands.

Integra brought the gun up again. This is what she wanted. She'd wanted Seras to get angry, infuriating herself in turn. She needed to be angry, to do this. She aimed for the center of the other woman's forehead, and tensed her finger on the trigger.

More images flashed through her mind, ones of Seras happily helping with the dishes, (She'd stumbled on them when she came into the kitchens looking for Walter) Seras running behind her troops, following her orders as a good soldier of Hellsing, helplessly clutching the knife in her throat and looking at the floor, shamed in the face of her failure.

I can't do this.

Integra swung the gun around, resting it on her shoulder, so it pointed to the window. Shocked, and rather perplexed, Seras watched. Integra pulled the trigger three times, moving the gun so the shots formed a triangle, and the glass shattered.

"Run."

Seras merely sat on the floor, her mouth open, displaying dainty fangs. "Wha-"

"I said run, Seras. Don't be seen and don't look back. Run and hide. I never want to see you again." If I do, I'll have to kill you.

Seras drew her knees out from underneath her, and got up, finally comprehending. "Yes SIR... Sir Integra!" With one last look at the woman who seemed so calmly perched on the edge of her desk, she leapt through the window, softly landing on the grass.

With one last longing look at the mansion she'd called home, and the truly extraordinary woman who ruled over it, she was gone into the night.

Walter burst into the office, a look of panic on his face. "Sir Integra! What happened?" Integra gestured to a chair, and slid off her desk, walking around to sit in her own. "Have a seat, Walter."

She explained about the Queen's orders, and Walter listened gravely. "So I did what had to be done," she concluded.

Walter looked at the window.

He looked at the ground.

He looked at Sir Integra, and smiled. Walter stood, and bowed. "I will update the roster then, madam." He turned to go, and something seemed to occur to him. "Sir Integra, what will you do about Alucard?" She was looking out the window, into the night.

"I don't know, Walter. I don't know."
Sign up to rate and review this story