Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

Chapter 3: Loaded Words and Loaded Friends Are Loaded Guns To A Head

by Blood_Red_Summer 0 reviews

Arctic's school history. next chapter will probably be about her father, but maybe not. I'm too lazy to do the next one now, or tell you anything about it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2006-11-19 - Updated: 2006-11-19 - 558 words

0Unrated
"Well, I was friends with Alexandra. Since she transferred to our school, I had admired her. She was sure of herself, and was just so likeable. I invited her to my birthday party, and very few people showed up, for obvious reasons," Arctic said, waving a hand to indicate her abnormal skin, eyes, and hair color. Pete opened his mouth to protest the cruelty towards her albinism, but Andy hushed him, and he reluctantly closed his mouth again.

"So we spent the entire night talking, and I got to share a lot of my thoughts. Over the next couple of months, her and I were inseparable. We were constantly on the phone and partnered up for assignments in class. People were starting to call us Dove and Raven, for our differences in color. Then one day I came up to her locker to wait for her to get ready for first period, and she ignored me. Didn't say hello, nothing. Obviously something was wrong and she was mad at me, but I didn't know why. When I asked, she still didn't respond and flounced off with a couple of her other friends and left me standing there. After a couple days of that, I called her and she told me why she hated me. Said I was a freak, paler than snow, and as cold as winter. Then she spun up some lies about what our classmates were saying, and, Pete, I never told you this, but she said that, well, I used to like you, and she told me that you liked her." Arctic's eyes darted to Pete's widening honey hazel ones and back to her hands, which were tight around a mug of coffee. He opened his mouth again, but Arctic rushed on to prevent an interruption.

"I didn't know what I was going to do, and she knew that I was thinking that. So she suggested that I commit suicide, since no one would miss me anyway." Patrick was hanging on her every word up until this point, and that last statement made him so uncomfortable that he started to punch holes in the Styrofoam the McDonald's pancakes came in with a pen.

"Then she turned her friends against me. It was only two, but it seemed like the whole class to me. They said such horrible things." Her eyes started to tear up when she thought about the nasty remarks on her appearance, but she swallowed them. "Like, 'she's so pale that if we played hide-and-seek in the snow, no body could find her, not that any one would want to.' Or, 'Everyone thinks you're really ugly, why don't you make an effort to look better?' Or if it wasn't on my appearance, then they made fun of my British accent. After I stopped hanging out with her, I was sitting at lunch by myself, planning to steal my dad's Ruger and shoot myself through the roof of my mouth that night." Here, Arctic smiled. "And that's when you, Pete, sat with me and said that anything you heard Alexandra say, you didn't believe and you thought I was interesting. You have no idea how much that meant to me. After our conversation, I dismissed the thought of suicide."

Everybody was quiet, until Joe asked, "And your father?"

"Well," Arctic said, "that's another novel."
Sign up to rate and review this story