Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

Chapter 4: My Heart Is On My Sleeve

by Blood_Red_Summer 2 reviews

Ok, I'm not sure why I made the main character albino, but I think that they are absolutely gorgeous people. And I'm not trying to create or follow some stereotype about it either, so you can dismi...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-20 - Updated: 2006-11-21 - 806 words

0Unrated
Everyone decided to drop the subject after that, they didn't want Arctic to loose the trust that she had for them, out of respect as friends. That doesn't mean that none of them wondered.

"Why did I say all of that? But then again, why did they ask? What happened happened, there's nothing they could do to change it anyway. Cold as ice," she reminded herself with a pang of guilt. The nickname 'Ice' was something she didn't really go into too much. She got it from the way she looked and her cold stature. She never really got flustered about anything, nothing ever got her excited enough to show her classmates any emotion on her exterior, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't have any opinions. Until she met Pete and his friends she was "the quiet one", but it wasn't that she was afraid of her classmates' remarks on her opinion; she just never felt that there was never anything worth discussing, because discussing lead to arguing which lead to broken relationships.

"Suicide?! I prevented THAT?" Pete's mind was spinning. "I almost didn't do anything!" It was true; Pete had second guessed himself when he sat down across from Arctic after hearing the things Alexandra said in class. Things that Pete never mention Arctic either.

"You know how she never talks? Well, it's because when she does talk it's always something about politics or school. Never anything interesting, like clothes or make up, which, by the way, she doesn't even wear. And never about boys! I think that maybe she's a lesbian! I think that it's because she's afraid that no guy will take her because she's such a freak-she reminds me of a horse I saw once, it was so white that the pink of it's skin showed through and it's eyes were a creepy wild electric blue. " Then the kids clustered around her cackled and comments of 'Whatta dyke!' and 'God, I know! She's so gross!' could be heard quite clearly.

"Actually, I think that she's kind of pretty," Pete had thought to himself. He couldn't believe that these kids were being so immature as to spread such dirty lies. There was something about her-sure, she was albino, but why be discriminatory about it? That leads to nothing, and that's why she's unique. Her hair was a white blond, a platinum color that was sheet straight down to her waist, and her eyes were a crystal clear pale blue.

"Hey," Pete said to the group, which was made up about half of the class, "Why are you guys picking on her for something that she can't help? I mean, grow up!" he was harassed for weeks after speaking and acting out on his belief.

"Yes, Joe, I am going to live here. If it's okay with Pete and Patrick?" The others had been immersed in conversation during Pete's flashback, and he abruptly snapped out of it and nodded like a bobble head dog.

"Of course, Arctic! You don't honestly think that we'd turn you back out into the cold world, right?" he said. Patrick was nodding enthusiastically as well.

"Then I have to go home and get the rest of my stuff." Arctic's voice faltered, she was clearly apprehensive of the scene that would take place as soon as she walked in the door of her parents' house.

"Don't worry, we'll go in with you, and be your body guards. Let's see your dad get through the wall of muscle Patrick is," Joe teased. Patrick pulled a mock insulted face and hurled a wad of greasy McDonald's wrappers at him. Pretty soon a food fight had started and Arctic shouted to be heard.

"STOP!" they froze, and Arctic resumed calmly. "Could we please just get this over with?"

They nodded, and Pete called out, "SHOTGUN!" and dashed for her Jeep.

Ten minutes later they pulled up to the curb in front of the two-story town house. Arctic adjusted her dark sunglasses, and took a deep breath.

"We're going in," Pete said in a James Bond 007-we're-going-to-infiltrate-the-enemies-home-base-I'm-such-a-dangerous-baddass way. Patrick and Joe scrambled out from the back, then Andy, because Joe had been on his lap the whole ride.

"Here's the game plan, don't look at her parents, do not talk to her parents, just run upstairs, and throw anything you need into these bags, okay?" Pete said. "And if her dad comes after her, it's up to us to get him OUT!" he ordered the guys.

Joe shot up, his back rod-straight, and clapped his heels together. He raised his hand in an Army salute, and said, "Aye-aye, SIR!" Arctic was thinking about how much she loved her guys. They would do anything for her.

She followed in Patrick's shadow as Andy pointed out from somewhere behind her, "Dude, 'aye-aye' is the Navy."
Sign up to rate and review this story