Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Nightcrawler Spirit

Wounds

by morph 0 reviews

I am a spirit sent to guide the Chosen Ones of the Movieverses. My first assigment: Nightcrawler in X2. (Chapter 3)

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Storm - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-11-19 - Updated: 2006-11-20 - 613 words

0Unrated
Kurt led the two X-Women upstairs and into his room. As they passed his circus posters and the giant crucifix leaning against the wall, Jean explained to Kurt that she was a doctor and asked if she could examine his wound. Kurt hesitated.

"It's okay. You can trust them," I tolled him. Finally he complied, hopping up onto his makeshift bed and removing his shirt and coat. He lay there bare-chested, exposing the tattoos on his chest and belly.

"Can you tell us what you remember about the attack?" Storm asked him as Jean began to treat his gunshot wound.

"There was so much shooting, such fear, and then there was only pain," Kurt said with some sadness in his voice. "I could see it all happening, but I could not stop myself. It was like a bad dream." He paused and thought a second. In that time I moved to stand beside Jean. I noticed the phoenix pattern on the back of her jacket, a precursor of things to come. Jean placed a bandage on Kurt's shoulder.

"Perhaps He is tasting me," Kurt said, gesturing to the giant crucifix. He sounded as if his soul was wounded. Jean and Storm turned their heads to look at the statue and I sighed.

"It's okay," I whispered to Kurt, reassuring him. The women focused their attention back on Kurt.

"And before you were in the White House, what do you remember?" Storm asked.

"Nothing," he said. "I was here."

"Jean?" Storm asked her friend. Her tone said, "What do you think we should do now?"

Jean hesitated a moment before answering. "I'd rather get him back to the Professor."

"The Professor?" Kurt asked. He sounded a bit worried.

"Don't worry, Kurt," I said. "He's a good guy." Strom began to run her fingers over Kurt's tattoos. She seemed awed and enchanted by them.

"Did you do these...yourself?" she asked.

"Yes," Kurt responded. I smiled a bit but then remembered Kurt's other scar, the one Stryker gave him. Storm and Jean had to know about that.

"Kurt, roll over," I ordered him. He did so. Slowly and carefully he turned onto his right side. Doing this exposed the small, circular scar on the back of his neck. Jean and Storm looked at it in concern.

"And what about this?" Jean asked as she touched the skin near the base of the circle. Kurt's fingers reached around and found the scar on his neck. Jean and Storm looked at each other with more concern. Kurt's eyes showed question and worry.

"That was not there before the attack," he said, sounding as worried as he looked. He rolled back over and looked at the two women.

"Well, come with us and we'll see if we can't get all this sorted out," Jean said, trying to mask the worry that was in her voice too. I could do nothing to help the situation much except place a comforting hand on Nightcrawler's uninjured shoulder. I seemed like a small gesture, but I think it helped and reassure Nightcrawler on some level. He sat up and put his shirt and coat back on.

"Danke," he said to Storm and Jean. In a way, I think he also meant it towards me. As the women turned to go, Kurt stopped them. "Wait, how did you get here? Where are we going?" he asked.

"We flew here," Storm replied. "In the X-Jet. We're going back to Westchester, New York, where Jean and I work as teachers."

"Ah," Kurt said, satisfied with her answers for the time being.

"Come on," Jean beckoned. She led the way downstairs and out of Nightcrawler's Church.
Sign up to rate and review this story