Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Nightcrawler Spirit

Anger and Faith

by morph 0 reviews

I am a spirit sent to guide the Chosen Ones of the Movieverses. My first assigment: Nightcrawler in X2. (Chapter 4)

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Storm - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-11-24 - Updated: 2006-11-25 - 657 words

0Unrated
I had to admit, it was very exciting being on the X-Jet. I think that Kurt was excited too. As Storm and Jean readied the jet for take-off, Kurt and I sat in the back passenger part of the jet. I couldn't help but look over to where Magneto and Mystique would eventually sit giggling to each other, but I didn't want to think about that right now. "Have you ever been in a jet like this before?" I asked Kurt.

"Nein," Nightcrawler whispered looking at the interior of the jet around him. It was very professionally built, and I wasn't surprised considering that the Professor would settle for nothing but the best for his team. I shot a nervous glance over to Storm and Jean, who had their backs to us and were concentrating on the take-off.

"I'm afraid we won't be able to talk much here," I said to Kurt. "If they hear you seemingly talking to no-one, they might think you're crazy." He gave a small smile.

"That's all right," he said. "I'm very good at keeping myself preoccupied." He lowered his eyes and was quiet for a long while. At first, I thought that he had fallen asleep, but then I realized that he was praying silently under his breath. He paused for a second, took out his rosary beads, and continued praying in Latin, French, English and German. It was a beautiful thing to listen to.

I suppose I drifted off into a kind of trance while I was listening to Kurt pray because I was slightly startled when Storm approached us. I got up and moved to stand in the isle as Storm sat down beside Kurt. He had been praying in German, but he stopped when Storm sat down. He seemed a bit startled too.

"So, what are they?" Storm asked, referring to his tattoos.

"They're angelic symbols," Kurt responded, half his face in shadow. "Passed on to mankind by the archangel Gabriel."

"They're beautiful," Storm said. There was a lot of truth behind that one simple statement. "How many do you have?"

"One for every sin," Kurt said. "So quite a few." He smiled a bit at his own little joke. Storm and I flashed a smile each as well.

Kurt paused and looked back towards the cockpit. "You and Miss Grey are schoolteachers?" he asked Strom.

She nodded. "Yes. At a school for people like us, where we can be safe."

I frowned. Unlike them, I knew that the school had been attacked. It was safe, yes, but not as safe as it could be against people like William Stryker.

"Safe from what?" Kurt inquired.

"Everyone else," Storm responded simply. Nightcrawler thought about this for a second.

"D'you know, outside of the circus most people were afraid of me," he said. "But I didn't hate them. I pitied them. Do you know why?"

Storm shook her head.

"Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes," Kurt explained.

I smiled. "You can't judge a book be its cover," I thought. "Or a man by his appearance, no matter how demon-like he looks."

"Well, I gave up on pity a long time ago," Storm said. There was very little regret about this decision in her voice, or in her eyes.

Kurt looked at her gently and placed a three-fingered hand on her cheek. "Someone so beautiful should not be so angry," he said, giving her a compliment and advice both at the same time.

"Sometimes anger can help you survive," Storm said, her eyes locked on Kurt's. I nodded.

"True. She has a point," I said.

Kurt returned Strom's gaze. "So can faith," he said, leaving no argument.

I smiled. "That's true too," I agreed.

"Storm, I found an active com device," Jean called from the cockpit, breaking up the moment.

Storm's eyes only flickered briefly in her direction. "Where?" she asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story