Categories > Original > Drama > Kicked Out

Kicked Out

by Marvin 1 review

A young girl, Gracie Waltons and her sister Anna are seperated by their Mother who is shocked to find out news that no parent ever wants to find out. Being kicked out is usually a fairly big deal a...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-20 - Updated: 2006-11-20 - 799 words

1Ambiance
The Waltons. A usual family or usual for their parts. Feud was huge in this group, which consisted of a Mother and two daughters. The two daughters, Anna - 15 and Gracie - 17 lived with their Mother. They were in constant battles, Gracie being the worst was often caught sneaking out to go to parties and more. She was the party animal who didn't give a shit about what her Mother said. Anna, the lively, but controlled one was usually one to stay at home or in the library studying. This is what shocked the teachers, Gracie was cruel and obviously didn't respect anything in the school building, but Anna was completely different. She paid attention in school and got high grades, but no matter the differences Anna and Gracie were close. They shared a large room, the master bedroom to be exact. Everything in that room was theirs, from the tattered concert tee shirts sprawled on the floor to the large fake tree they had bought together when they were younger. They treasured every inch of this room as much as they treasured each other. But one night changed everything. Changed their way of living and attitudes towards their Mother.

"Get out!" The shout had come briskly and darkly from her Mothers lips. Gracie was shocked. Her eyes were wide open in pure disbelief at the words that had tumbled and remained in the now silent hall. The usually attitude filled Gracie, in mini skirt and fish net leggings and a shirt that usually sprawled the word 'bitch' or 'dangerous', was now standing still and feeling small. She had just let her Mother know of something that had been bothering her for weeks now. Her stomach had grown a bit and when her Mother started to question Gracie broke down and spit it out. 'I'm pregnant!' The words had come so fast that Gracie couldn't stop herself. Burning hot tears were stroking her powdered cheeks and her dark makeup had begun to run. None of this mattered to her Mother not even the fright in her eyes. Gracie turned after a few minutes of gaping at her Mother and for once in her rebellious life, obeyed. She was only glad that Anna didn't have to hear the fight. When the front door creaked open Gracie began rushing to pack. Tears still pouring down her cheeks.

"What happened?" Anna seemed to purr to her sister. Obviously the look their Mother had given Anna, Anna knew something had happened. "I'm leaving..." Was all Gracie could muster up, she soon regretted ever speaking at all because Anna stared, her own tears now dripping from her eyes and falling down her cheeks. Gracie turned trying to ignore the look on her sisters face. "I'm going to leave most of my things here, take care of them for me for a little while, ok?" Gracie had a feeling that her Mother would never let her back on the property, but Gracie knew she had to give her sister some form of hope to cling to. Anna was in no hurry to let Gracie go, but she knew that any arguments would be useless. "Why are you leaving?" She asked as her queit sobs subsided for the time being. "You remember Tommy?" Gracie asks. Anna searched her memory a moment then it struck her. "Tommy Book?" When Gracie nodded Anna spoke up again. "What about him?' She inquired giving her sister a curious eye. "Well...the last party I went to, a few weeks ago. We got together and were drunk as hell...Then the last thing I remember is a bed..." Anna shuddered. Tommy was sweet kid, but not old enough yet, she immediately got the picture and sighed. Her eyes glanced to Gracie's stomach and looked up at her sisters clouded eyes. She knew her sister was scared and she gave a warm smile to encourage her to relax. "I'll try and coax Mom into letting you come back ok?" She offers. Gracie nodded. A tight knot was present in her throat and she knew if she uttered a single word she'd break down again and Anna didn't need to see that. "I'm going to book a hotel. Got any money to spare?" She asks. She had a job that really didn't pay well, but she tried. She's so far been given a single raise in her couple years of duty as a waitress and she decided that she'd try for another. Her boss was kind hearted and tried hard to keep her waitresses in tip-top shape. She was in luck, she worked tonight as an all night shift, she wouldn't have to bother with booking the hotel until later and leaving her home with a single suitcase at hand she embraced the world forcefully.
Sign up to rate and review this story