Categories > Original > Fantasy > A Kingdom Divided

Peace At Last

by sabeybaby 0 reviews

Laurel and Thanyel have it out.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2008-08-31 - 1303 words

0Unrated
"Peace? You want me to give peace to you blood thirsty fiends?" His laughter was cruel, mocking. Ian watched the change in his Alpha's eyes with intent curiousity. Though Thanyel had shown at several different times his natural harsh streak, it was unbelievably present in this moment. Laurel's eyes hazel eyes narrowed, their soft shade of dark blue shifting to black. Idana the black dragon coiled her tail and snorted charcoal smoke from her nostrils. Calculating green eyes the shape of perfect, triangular diamonds stared the King down, daring him to make another move.

"Thanyel..." Ian's voice trailed off in warning. He was uncomfortably aware of the slow burning anger developing in the Vampiress and her mount. He knew if his Lord pushed his luck, he would quickly lose his head.

"Silence Ian, this is one thing I wish to handle alone." The command was critical and totally out of character. The red haired advisor merely shrugged, giving up on assisting his King in saving his hide, and leaned against Fal'lyn, her red hide a nice cushion.

"You mock my pleadings to heal the wounds between our Kingdoms, but dare not mock me." The gorgeous vampiress had an insulted look on her face. The werewolf grinned in a snide manner, fur beginning to appear across his skin in waves.

"Blood shed dosn't bother me Oh Highest of Vampires," the young Queen hissed at his mockery, "in fact, I find it quite enjoyable." With that said, he completed his transformation and leapt across the space between them as a full werewolf, attack evident in his eyes. Claws lashed out and met only air as the vampiress was agile and quickly evaded his attack. Her fangs, normally hidden by ruby lips, were now revealed in the brilliant moonlight as she bit his wrist as he tried to pull away. Sharp nails sliced his chest to ribbons, thick blood immediately rising to the surface. The Alpha attempted to regain some sort of control over the situation but realized he had lost it all as the Queen spoke again.

"Then perhaps a change to your throne is in order." Thanyel was stunned as her message was received. He pulled back and truly looked at the Vampiress for the first time. Her auburn hair was unleashed in the midnight wind, the breeze lifting it from her back to make it dance. Each lock looked soft and silken and he wondered how it would feel in his hands. Her hazel eyes were still sharp from anger, but that only served to enhance her fierce beauty. He was distinctly aware of the throbbing in his chest and realized that the fact that she was so willing to fight for a suitable peace, for the prosperity of her people, made her even more beautiful.

"Thanyel..." Ian's voice was cautious, soft; the unspoken message lingering in the air.

"Yes, Ian?" The King had relaxed, his form returning to human shape. He smelled the relief in the air and visibly noticed the great, lounging dragon behind the Queen calm, resting her snout against the vampire's legs.

"How long will you make us linger in the frigid air?" His tone grated irritatingly against Thanyel's spine and he snarled.

"Cease your insolent mumbling!" Thanyel snapped, his dark brows furrowing. His normally soft, brown eyes were lit with something dangerously close to lustful curiousity and the dragons along with his advisor could smell it in the air. The Queen on the other hand, remained blisfully ignorant.

"Thanyel," Laurel spoke his name as though it was his title and he longed to hear his name softer upon her lips, a sweet beconing of one lover to another. Realizing where his thoughts were headed, he guarded his mind and altered his tone of voice for when he next spoke.

"Laurel?" She climbed onto the back of her dark mount and leaned towards him from the saddle. Her hazel orbs showed the change in her mentality.

"You, Werewolf King, need a change in attitude." Though her words were critical, there was an undeniable softness in her voice that made something inside of the dark haired man tremble.

"And you need to sharpen your claws, my chest is already near healed from your attack." Once again, critical words with underlying kindness. A smirk flitted across her face before she spoke.

"May we have peace after all these years?" An unguarded, pained expression lingered in her face and body as she laid a long fingered hand on Idana's black scaled neck. "I long for a day when I no longer may call you enemy." Thanyel's chest tightened. The moment was held, a comfortable silence lasting between them. And then he spoke.

"There will be peace." He whispered, white fangs peeking through his lips as he smiled at her. Hazel eyes met chocolate ones and Thanyel had to swallow hard at the unspeakable sweetness in her eyes. Nary a word was spoken as the black dragon crouched and launched herself into the night sky. Powerful wings beat the wind and searched for the thermals. A husky whisper came across the night and both werewolves wondered who had spoken.

"We'll be in touch."

OoOoOoOoOoOo

Idana finally found those thermals she had searched for at lift off. With her Queen astride her sitting silently, she was free to wonder at the emotions that had passed between her dearest friend and the young king. She was no fool, and had quickly caught the scent of lust lingering in the air. Seeing their home in sight, she began to ache for the softness of her bed and the warmth of her blankets. She realized that those blessings would be postponed however, when Laurel nudged her towards her cave. Idana, being obedient to her Queen, carefully changed her direction to soar towards the darkness. Her cave was located on the outskirts of the castle; beyond where people wandered, but close enough she could be easily reached if necessary. The darkness of the well-located cave had served usefully when she had returned home from secret missions past home borders quite injured. Now, she realized it would become a haven to confused royalty.

Approaching the lip of the cave, clawed feet reached out and carefully caught the ledge. She meandered in and lowered her leg so that Laurel could dismount. Idana watched cautiously as the Queen stepped off her scaled leg. Her pale hands found their way into her hair and rubbed her scalp. The dragon knew she was wishing for Jo Lunn's kind hands. The dark skinned man had come in handy time and time again when the Queen overstressed herself with duties of state. His massages were a blessing. Idana lingered in her dragon form for another brief moment before shape changing into her normal vampiress self. Covering her nakedness with a green, ankle length skirt that had slits up to her hips and a black scarf that wrapped around her neck, covered her breasts and joined in the back again, she approached her friend.

"Laurel?" Her voice was soft, searching, cautious. The auburn haired beauty turned to her dearest companion and smiled. When a hand was placed on her shoulder, she slid her fingers into Belle's fingers.

"A visit to Jo Lunn and Sabriel is in order my friend." Belle smiled, memories of the shenangans her and Sabriel had gotten into filled her with warmth. She responded quickly.

"Yes, and Mikhail as well." The eagerness was evident in her voice and Laurel was cheered by it. She leaned into her dark haired friend and found the comfort she was searching for.

"We have found peace among the kingdoms, let us now find it in our home." As she stepped towards the exit of the cave Belle giggled from behind her.

"As you wish my Queen."
Sign up to rate and review this story