Categories > Original > Fantasy > A Kingdom Divided

Sabriel and Jo Lunn

by sabeybaby 0 reviews

The intricate relationship between Sabriel, Jo Lunn, Mikhail, Laurel and Belle.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Published: 2007-05-21 - Updated: 2008-09-01 - 951 words

0Unrated
Sabriel and Jo Lunn sat patiently while Belle enriched their minds with the immense details of her and Laurel's adventure. She rambled on, mindless to what the two men were thinking. Sabriel leaned back in his chair but kept his ever watchful blue-grey eyes on Belle, not slacking his attention one iota. Jo Lunn on the other hand seemed to change his mind on what he was watching every two seconds. Whenever Belle called his attention he just smiled and nodded as if he knew what she was talking about. Mikhail, leaning against the door frame would occasionally put in his opinion on what had happened, but for the most part was content to listen to her lilting voice as she wove her tail.

When Belle was finally done telling the story she stood and stretched muscles that had tensed up from being in one position for so long. A childish smile lit up on the darker man's face as he reached forward and took the opportunity to tickle the brunette. Belle squealed from Jo Lunn's ministrations and smacked at his hand. He was persistant however and managed to capture her in his grasp. His long fingers tortured her skin with ticklish sensations.

"Help me! Sabriel!" Even as she gasped, calling out for her tan friend's assistance, he just shook his head and laughed in amusement. Jo Lunn laughed at his vampire friend even as she struggled to breathe, Mikhail chuckled from the doorway, his face lighting up. When Laurel stepped into the room, nothing change. She merely took note of the situation and shook her head.

"You are all like a bunch of children sometimes, you know that?" The dark skinned man who had started the debacle grinned broadly at his Queen. No sense of shame on his face at all. Mikhail took a seat along with his queen when she decided to have a seat. His lithe frame easily settled into the lounge chair he had chosen, and as per usual, he curled up into it like a cat. Laurel sent him a soft look, like a mother to her child. Belle was released from Jo Lunn's grasp and she immediately launched herself away. She stared scathingly at Sabriel and took a seat in the corner, away from the group.

"Come now, don't look at me like that," Sabriel said to Belle, give her an entreating look. "You know I can't help you when you get in fights, especially when they are so entertaining. How else will you learn to be self sufficient?" A chuckle slipped from his lips, he ran a large hand through his light brown hair and adjusted his look to perfection. "You know, partners in crime only goes so far." Laurel sent him a look and he hushed, he could tell she meant business.

"You two will be the downfall of our successful kingdom." She shook her head as if she was ashamed and then smiled at her friends before speaking. "So, I understand Belle has informed you three of our exploits with the Werewolf Master?"

"I have informed them of the whole story." Belle said as she peered at the group from her corner.

"From what you wore..." Sabriel began.

"To what you think Ian Innis was thinking." Jo Lunn finished. Belle glared at her comrades but smiled afterwards. Mikhail merely sat in silence, reading their moods, thinking of quips to throw in to throw them off.

"It's true, they probably do know the whole situation from tip to toe." The group laughed softly for a moment before business returned to their minds.

"I will need assistance in forming the treaty conditions from all of you. I want the conditions to involve everybody in the kingdom's needs. Understood?" The group of friends turned from silly to serious instantly.

"Of course your Highness." Sabriel whispered as he stood and bowed. Jo Lunn echoed his sentiments as he bowed as well. Belle rose and curtseyed to her Queen.

"Where will you require me O Queen?" She whispered, acting every bit the part of a loyal slave dancer. Laurel turned a sharp eye to her servant.

"You will be in the Court with me as usual, dancing unless I say otherwise." She commanded, her hazel eyes showing a softness for her best friend.

"Your wish is my command."

OoOoOoOoOoOo

"A message O Queen." A courier hastily walked past Laurel's dancers and stopped at the front of her throne. Sabriel accepted the message from the young man and inspected it before handing it to the queen. As her bodyguard it was his job to make sure she would not be harmed. He had replaced Zanthor in the throne room since he had irritated Queen.

"It's a message from King Thanyel." Laurel's words made Belle pause her dancing for half a second before she continued. Sabriel's lips tightened. "It is his conditions for the treaty." She gave a look around her Court before beckoning to Sabriel and Belle. "We will take this to my quarters. You, bring Jo Lunn to me." The command was pointed at a young servant just dawdling around.

The group rose and left the Court. They walked in silence to Laurel's bedroom. Belle disappeared for a moment as she went into her room to grab a spare change of clothing. When they reached the Queen's room a knock came at the door just as Sabriel closed it. Reopening the door, he admitted in Jo Lunn and Mikhail. The door was closed for the final time.

"Belle, dress quickly, we must get down to business." The Queen commanded as she relaxed in her favorite chair. The half blood nodded and went into the bathroom to change.
Sign up to rate and review this story