Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > La Timinia

Chasing Cars

by panda_1418 3 reviews

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol (

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 1142 words

1Exciting
[?]

Julius slowly opened his eyes. He tried to move, and immediately regretted it. Everything hurt. He let the arm he had raised drop back to the ground. How many bones had be shattered? How long had he been out? He had no idea.

********
We'll do it all
Everything
On our own
********

He turned his head slightly so he could get a glimpse of the moon. His insides twisted into a knot. It was almost full, he had been unconscious for almost three weeks. Was that even possible? Did it matter anymore? No. He had failed. There was no way he could get up to the peak. It was impossible. He had failed.

*******
We don't need
Anything
Or anyone
*******

Usha. Her name made him grimace. This was her fault. She had deceived him, led him to believe that she had really changed. And then BAM. Here he was, lying on a cliff, so hurt, unable to move. She had been with him since the beginning, and she had betrayed him. Life was a cruel thing. He was to die here, cold, alone and broken, while the girl he had traveled to save would lose herself to her dark side.

*******************
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
*******************

No ... I haven't come this far just to give up. I haven't been through all this just to lie down here and accept the end. He struggled to roll over. If moving his arm hurt him, trying to roll was about the most painful thing in the world. His whole body trembled with exertion. Finally, after what seemed like decades, he managed to end up on his stomach. In front of him, he could see a series of vines weaving up the short distance to the peak. If he could just reach them ...

********
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
********

Gritting his teeth against the pain, he slowly moved his right arm from his side and grasped a vine. He let his forehead touch the dirt, sweat pouring from his temple. When he had caught his breath, he began to move his left arm. Before it was fully extended, he found his strength had deserted him. His cheeks rested against the ground as he let both arms drop. This was too much. He couldn't do it.

********
Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough
********

For you a thousand times over. He had read that somewhere. He couldn't do this even once, let alone a thousand times over. Whoever had said that had more strength than he. "Come on, Chevalier," he muttered to himself. "You can do this. You can do this." He grunted in pain as he forced himself to grab the vines.

*****************
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
*****************

Now came the difficult part. Straining himself, he pulled himself towards the cliff. When he got there, he forced himself to keep a grip on the vines as he let out his breath. Unwillingly, tears sprouted in his eyes and trickled down his cheeks. He was glad Delilah wasn't here to see this. He wished she was here to comfort him. He could do this on his own. He needed her help.

****************
Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life
****************

I don't even know what I want, he thought to himself. But I know I've got to do this. Struggling to overcome the part of his mind that told him "no", he sat up, leaning against the mountainside. How was he supposed to get up there? He wiggled his toes. Not too much pain. Next he tried moving his legs. The left one was fine, but he had definitely broken his right. Turning to face the climb, he moved his hands up a bit. "Pony up," he muttered.

********
Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads
********

He pulled himself up until he was standing. He couldn't put any pressure on his right leg, it hurt to much. Moving his right arm up to the next vine, he gingerly lifted his right leg to step on the lowest vine. Next he grasped a higher vine with his other arm. As he pulled himself up, his right leg burned with pain. More tears came out of his eyes, but he refused to stop. He wasn't going to give up. Not in a million years.

********
I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
********

Every time he had to put pressure on his right leg, it got harder. The hurt was wearing away his strength too quickly. He was only half-way up the cliff, and he was dead-tired. But he couldn't stop. Not now. He had dragged himself to here, not thinking he could. He didn't think that he could make it up the cliff, but he loved proving himself wrong.

*******************
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life
*******************

A vine under his left foot snapped. That left all of his body weight on his right. He cried out in pain. In an attempt to make the burning stop, he hoisted himself up. Bad idea. He had no upper arm strength, and almost instantly slipped back down onto his leg. "Oh God ..." he gasped, pulling his left leg up. "Ohhh ..." That incident had completely drained him.

*******************
All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see
*******************

Suddenly, he saw Delilah's soft, brown eyes. They were right in front of him, so close he wished he could reach out and touch them. Not her eyes to say, but her face, framing them. He longed to stroke her cheek, run his fingers through her hair, feel his lips on hers. If he stopped now, he would never feel those things again. Ever. He couldn't turn back. He couldn't leave her lying there, still forever.

*********************
I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all
*********************

Thinking of her, he almost forgot what pain he was in. He forgot he was hanging over a drop that could kill him if he slipped. He forgot all the perils, all his fears. All he wanted now was to get back to her, so he could tell her. Tell her he loved her.

It was at that point the shimmering golden hand grasped his, and all the hurting stopped.

******************
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
******************
Sign up to rate and review this story