Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > A Cat's Instinct

Chapter 1: A Sudden leave

by Kabuto_Yakushi 0 reviews

When a young teen vows to avenge the "death" of his father, ,he finds another adventure of his very own. Will he accomplish his task, or will he find out the truth about his father.

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 1164 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I only own James, none of the other characters...

A Cat's Instinct
Chapter 1: A Sudden Leave


A/N: Thank you to all my reviewers! Here's the next chapter, you've been waiting for!

"Captain Kuro," The First mate said, holding his hat in his hand.
A man with jet black hair looked up from his book, a slightly agitated look on his face.
"Django, I'm going to leave the ship." He said.
Django looked at him shocked.
"What do you mean?! Right now, all of a sudden?" he stuttered, " It's your ship, you're the captain!"
Kuro sighed,
"Captain? You take the title... Being a pirate doesn't agree with me anymore." He answered, "I've had it with this life."
There was then a lot of commotion outside the Captain's quarters.
"What's going on now?" Kuro growled.
"We're being shot at!" the crew exclaimed, from outside.
"You see Django, his is my life..." he said irritably, "The infamous 'Captain Kuro' has outlived his usefulness..."
Django was shocked, but then he laughed.
"Captain, even if you wanted to quit, those navy sharks, would hunt you like a fox!" he said.
Kuro then smirked wolfishly,
"Then I'll die and the whole world must know it..." he said.
He then got up, and exited.
"Are we gonna shoot at them, like we always do?" one of the crewmembers asked.
"No, lower a boat." Kuro said, almost tiredly.
A young twelve year old boy, ran up to Kuro's side
"Captain, are you alright?" he asked, his eyes full of worry.
The Captain looked at the boy, and smiled.
"Yes James. I'm fine." He said, "You are going to make a fine captain one day."
The boy beamed, and looked at his captain.
"Thank-you, sir." He said, bowing his head slightly.
Kuro smiled, put his hand on the boy's shoulder, as the boy fixed his oversized glasses.
"James, go to sleep, it's very late." Kuro said, going on his way.
James nodded, and bounded past all the crew members.
Kuro found a small boat waiting for him. He got in, his cat claws at his side.
The crew lowered him down, as he drifted slowly to the enemy ship.
When he entered the ship, there was a moment of total, yet menacing silence.
Crew members started giving each other troubled glances,
"Do you think that the Cap'n got 'imself hung?" one said.
They then pulled their ship closer, and were utterly frightened by the shadow reflected by the Crescent moonlight.
Kuro pushed up his glasses with the palm of his hand, as he wiped off his claws with a dirty rag.
"They're all dead!" the crew whispered amongst themselves.
Kuro looked at them,
"Now then," he said, as if nothing happened, "Time to complete my plan."
There was then a groan from behind Kuro, and he spun around.
"You're still breathing..." he said, "Too bad you're jaw is broken."
The officer looked up, his face bloodied and bruised.
"I won't beg for my life..." he said weakly, "If you're gonna kill me, do it."
"Very good, you can claim the reward for Captain Kuro of the Thousand Plans." He said, almost purring.
He then turned to Django,
"Take this man and that man over there, and do what you have to, in order to fulfill the plan." He said.
Django, understanding exactly what the Captain wanted, took the two men, and hypnotized them. One believed that he was Captain Kuro, and the Navy Officer was believed to have captured Kuro.
When Django was finished, with that, he gave Django his final orders,
"Django, when those two and I get far away from the ship, take James off this ship. Tell him that I was killed, and bring him to the town, and leave him there. He will be fine." Kuro said, "Also, spread the word of my death to everyone."
Django nodded, and went to fetch James.
Kuro got off the ship, almost solemnly, but left, without looking back.
"It's all for the best..." he assured himself.
Meanwhile, Django knocked on the door of the young man's quarters.
"James, are you in there? 'He asked.
"Yes, come in." a voice answered from inside.
Django gulped before entering. It hurt him to separate James from the crew. He was a twelve-year old, who was fiercely loyal to the crew, especially the Captain. If James were to be separated, it would tear the boy apart.
Django entered the room. James was flipping through a book,
"Just as the Captain does..." he thought to himself.
"We have some bad news..." he then said, speaking up.
James shot up like a bullet, his eyes wide,
"What, is the ship being invaded?" he asked, unsheathing his claws.
Django shook his head,
"No, there was a traitor on board, and the Captain has been captured and executed." Django lied.
"We have to save him!" James exclaimed, bolting for the door.
"No, it's too late. The captain has ordered me to take you to off the ship for your safety." Django said.
James scowled,
"We have to save the Captain! You're the first-mate, we have to save him!"
Django shook his head, this boy saw stubborn, and wasn't going to go down easily.
"No, they exited the ship already. It was while you were sleeping. None of us saw it coming, they could be miles away by now." Django lied solemnly.
Tears formed in the boy's eyes.
"So, there's no hope for the Captain?" he asked.
Django once again shook his head,
"I'm sorry James. I know you were close to the Captain, and he thought of you as a son."
James tried to hold back, but he started to cry.
"I'm so sorry!" he sobbed, "I failed the crew, I failed you, and I failed my Captain!"
James clung to Django's long purple coat.
Django comforted the boy until his weeping ceased.
"Now, come on James, we must take you to the village." Django said, in a slight panic.
James nodded his head, grabbing his book, and led Django off the ship.
Django walked behind him to the edge of town, the entire trip, both were silent.
When they reached the welcoming sign to the town, Django looked down at James.
'This is where you're on your own, kid. I can't go with you." He said.
James looked at him, slightly frightened,
"What am I supposed to do?" he asked.
Django shrugged his shoulders,
"The Captain didn't tell me." He said, " But I wish you well, you're one cool cat."
James smirked,
" I hope you come back here soon."
Django smiled,
"Maybe one day, little Captain." He said, " Maybe one day."
James grinned, clutched his book, and walked into the town, in a very dignified manner.
Django started to walk back towards the ship, backwards as he always did.
He watched James head into the strange town, without looking back once.
"Captain Kuro was right, he will be a fine pirate one day." He said to himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story