Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

Good Night Part 1

by darks00 1 review

I can't say anything without giving it away!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-26 - Updated: 2011-12-27 - 1421 words

2Exciting

Chapter 25: Good Night Part 1

JOEY'S POINT OF VIEW:

The sun was dying.

Darkness was taking over the land, killing the light which the world longs for.

My Sanctuary and myself were walking in a dark, lonely alley. It was hard to see. We were just walking for all of us needed some fresh air to think about how Euthanasia stole our songs. We needed to walk our anger off. Our anger just grew more when Andy, Kyle and his other two band members, who God knows what their names are appeared in front of us.

"Move," Megan ordered. "I'm in a really bad mood with you guys. You don't want to mess with me."

"Is that how you should act to competition, Megan?" Andy asked her, finally not calling her "Princess" after the bet. "You know, I think we should end this competition right here."

Question marks appeared over My Sanctuary's and my head. What where they talking about? Then we saw it. Andy showed us a gun from under his coat. We gasp.

Kenny was the first to try to run away, but stopped when Andy pointed the gun at him. "Not so fast. Do you really want to test my accuracy?"

We all gulped as Kenny walked back to his spot.

"Andy, please," Begged Amy. "Please don't do this."

Euthanasia ignored her pleas. One of the band members said, "Don't hit the red haired with the glasses. He's Kyle's brother."

"Kyle, please don't do this!" Klaus said with pleading eyes. "Why? I thought you were my brother. Please, don't hurt my friends."

Kyle refused to say a word. He just stared with his cold eyes and his fist clenched up.

Andy answered for him, "we see how much people like you at the Forgotten Bands contest. We can't allow you to win. We want that money and record deal. I just want to eliminate the competition."

"So you're doing this over a contest?" I asked them. "It's just a contest. You're willing to kill us over it?"

"Just a contest? It's more then a contest to us. Maybe now our band can be noticed with this contest." Andy said while his gun was now aimed at my chest, "we'll do whatever we can to win it. This may be our only chance."

Kyle finally found his voice. "You know, maybe we shouldn't do this...it's a bit dramatic, don't you think?"

"Shut up, Kyle!" Cried out another one of the band members, pushing him to the side.

Kyle was doing a bad job pretending he wasn't hurt. Andy then was about to pull the trigger on me. I flinched, and felt my heart racing, my sweat poring all over my body. I closed my eyes. My Sanctuary was too scared to do anything. We were all frozen in fear, we didn't know what to do. Were we going to die here?

"Kyle, you can stop this!" Klaus continued to cry out. "Please, don't do this. I don't want my friends to die. What happens when the cops come, huh? You think you're going to get away with this? Cops are exactly idiots, you know. They'll find you."

"Let's leave them alone..." Kyle began, barely above a whisper.

"Shove it, Ky," Andy said with rage.

It all happened so fast. Life flashed before my eyes.

I remember when Uncle George first taught me how to play the drums. I remember when he gave me my first drumsticks. I remember meeting Megan, Kyle and Kenny. I remember joining my Sanctuary. I remember meeting Andy. I remember thinking Amy was Megan. I remember joining the forgotten bands contest. I remember falling in love with Megan, and almost kissing her. I remember Kyle's betrayal to My Sanctuary. I remember meeting Klaus. I remember Megan and Amy's mother's death. I remember Klaus kissing Megan. I remember Megan saying we'll be together after the contest. I remember how we got so far in the Forgotten bands contest and all we've been through.

And this would be the last thing I remember.

I was about to feel pain, and I knew it. I knew I was going to die. I heard the bullet being released. It ran through my ears.

"NO!" Screamed a voice.

I was too afraid to open my eyes, until I heard everyone scream. Someone got shot. I just knew it. Someone took the bullet for me...but who? Who saved me, sacrificed their life for me? I slowly opened my eyes, afraid to see who took the bullet for me. Was it Megan? Klaus? Amy? Kenny? My eyes weren't prepared to see what they saw. A murder scene. They didn't win in killing me.

I looked at the floor, my body shaking from the shock. Whoever took the bullet for me fell on his or her back. It was the red hair I saw first, then his famous leather jacket. It was Kyle.

He was lying in his own blood. The bullet hit him right in the chest on the left side, where his heart was. His eyes were closed, and his face was deathly pale. His lips were blue.

"Kyle? Kyle!" Cried out Klaus, running up to him.

He put his index and middle finger on his neck to check for a pulse. We knew he never found one when he started to cry.

"Kyle, you idiot!" Andy cried out, not showing any sympathy of killing Kyle.

Andy and the other two band members didn't know what to do. Andy chucked the gun. I was in such shock I didn't notice the gun was being thrown at me till the last second. In reflex, I caught the gun. As quickly as I caught it, I dropped it to the ground as if it was hot.

Andy and the remaining band members ran way from the murder scene.

He sacrificed his life for me. He wasn't as bad as I thought he was. I don't know why you saved me Kyle, but...Thank you.

The whole band started to cry. Amy then called 911.

Three cops came along with an ambulance. The ambulance took Kyle's body away from us. The cops took turns asking each one of us questions of Kyle's murder. We answered the best we could.

One of the cops told us the forensics team will find proof to nail Kyle's murderer in a couple of days.

___________________________________________________________

AT KYLE'S FUNERAL:

It was a nice, sunny day at the day of Kyle's funeral. It was the opposite of what we felt like. Even though it was sunny, we felt only darkness. How cruel reality could be. I wanted to refuse this was real, that Kyle wasn't dead. But you can't block out reality.

There wasn't too many people at the funeral. Kyle and Klaus' guardian for the last couple of weeks, their Aunt Mary, was there, crying along with the band.

The put Kyle in the ground, making all of us cry harder. Putting someone in the ground made it official, made it real. We then all took turns going to Kyle's final resting place and giving our prayers.

Mine was of thanks. I thanked him for saving my life. Mine was also asking for forgiveness of all my hatred towards him. I really felt bad that I had so much hatred to him, then he saves my life. I hope he knows I forgive him.

I was so caught up in my prayer that I didn't notice two police officers come behind me, one female and one male.

"Joey Chambers?" The female cop asked.

"Yes?"

The male cop then took my wrists and handcuffed them.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held in court. You are charged for the homicide of Kyle Layne."

"I didn't do it!" I told them.

"Forensics found your prints on the murder weapon. There was no other prints on the gun. You are now officially a suspect." The female cop told me.

All colour drained from my face. When Andy threw the gun, out of reflex I caught it when I was shock. Andy was wearing a glove, that's why his prints didn't show up on the gun.

The band tried to stand up for me, trying to tell them it's all a misunderstanding, but they refused to listen. I was then escorted to the cop car.

I was a suspect of a murder I didn't commit.

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story