Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

Good Night Part 2

by darks00 3 reviews

Second part of Good Night.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2011-12-27 - 1800 words

1Exciting

Chapter 26: Good Night Part 2

JOEY'S POINT OF VIEW:

I was dressed in my best black tux and red tie, with my blond hair neatly combed, which is very unusual for me.

I was in the courtroom, and the judge once again was Judge Matters who was the judge for Klaus and Kyle when they were trying to get out of custody of their father. My attorney was a slim women with red hair named Miss.Timbers. She said it looked bad since my finger prints, which was told by DNA testing, was on the gun that ended Kyle Layne's life. Kenny, Klaus, Amy and Megan were there since they were at the scene of the crime and admitted it. The Andy and his two other band members were not there, for they didn't confess and there was no evidence against them. Curse them and the pain they've caused us.

"Court is now in session of the murder of Kyle Layne," Judge Matters said, banging her gavel on the stand.

"Your honour," Miss.Timbers began, "This child is only fifteen. He admits he was at the scene of the crime, and proclaims innocent. He said this was over a contest, and Kyle Layne sacrificed his life for him. I would like to call one of Joseph Chambers friends at the scene of the crime. Klaus Layne."

Klaus took a deep breath, wiped the sweat off his forehead, and took a stand. Miss.Timbers put a bible in front of him. "To you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

"I do." Klaus replied.

"State your name and relationship with Kyle Layne."

"My name is Klaus Layne and I am Kyle Layne's brother."

"What is your relationship to Joseph Chambers?"

"He's my friend."

"Has Joseph ever showed any act of violence with you before?"

"No, never. He rather hurt himself than to hurt another. Heck, he was one of them who saved me and Kyle from my father."

"Where Joseph and Kyle enemies?"

Klaus bit his lip. "At first they were friends. We were in a band called My Sanctuary. Kyle left the band, and after that My Sanctuary and Kyle didn't get along. But I swear, Joseph didn't kill my brother. I was there. Why would I lie about my brother's death? I love him, and it's so hard even to talk about it."

"Thank you, Mr.Layne," Miss. Timbers said. "I would like to call on another person on the scene of the crime: Megan Brooks."

Megan went up with butterflies in her stomach. Miss.Timbers put a bible in front of her.

"Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?" Miss.Timbers said fast, obviously did this more than once.

"Yes." Megan replied.

"State your name and relationship to Kyle Layne."

"My name is Megan Brooks and I was Kyle Layne's friend...same answer as Klaus Layne."

"I see." Miss.Timbers said, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "So, you're also and still Joseph Chambers friend?"

"Yes."

"Has Mr.Chambers ever show any acts of violence?"

"No...well I guess there was a time when Joey chased Kenny Riot with his drumsticks for giving him a wet Willie..."

A light laughter from the audience, before Judge Matters banged her gavel.

"Anything besides that?" Miss.Timbers asked.

Megan thought. "No. He would never kill Kyle. We were there. Call on Kenny Riot next. He'll say the same thing as Klaus and I did. Or even Amy Brooks."


"Ok. Kenny Riot, please come to the stand." Miss.Timbers asked.

Kenny put his hand on the bible, and put his right hand on it, even though he was left handed and not catholic. He didn't want a repeat of what happened at the last Layne court meeting.

"Please state your name and relation to Kyle Layne." Miss.Timbers said firmly.

"My name is Kenneth Riot, and I was a friend of Kyle Layne. Same was Megan and Klaus. And so you don't waste your breath, I'm also a friend of Joey Chambers."

"I see. Mr.Riot, who had the gun that shot Kyle Layne?"

"It was a boy named Andy. His band was versing our band. He brought a gun to our band...My Sanctuary...and said he wanted to eliminate the competition. He pointed the gun to Joey. When Andy shot the gun, Kyle quickly threw himself in front of Joey and saved him. He sacraficed himself for Joey."

"So Andy and your band were the only ones who witness this? Of course, there must have been a stranger who saw this..."

"No. We were in the back alley."

"And what were you doing there?"

"Just walking...and talking...hey, I just rhymed there! And my father says I'm bad at English..."

Judge Matters banged her gavel. "Mr.Riot, please, this is serious. We're talking about murder here!"

"I would like to call on Amy Brooks next." Miss.Timbers continued.

Amy approached and sat down.

"Do you promise to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?"

"Yes."

"Please state your name and relationship to Kyle Layne."

"My full name is Emily Brooks. I had no relationship to Kyle. I just knew him because my sister, Megan, use to be friends with him. Then, I joined the band almost three weeks ago, he became competition for our band for a contest called "The Forgotten Bands" which is an amateur bands contest."

"What's the prize if you win this contest?"

"Ten thousand dollars and a record deal."

"Wow that's lots. Do you think Andy would have killed for that?"

"Yeah. He attempted to kill Joey for it, but Kyle took the bullet."

"Then why is Joseph's finger prints on the gun?"

"When Andy realized he shot Kyle instead of Joey, he chucked the gun at Joey's hand, there for Joey got his finger prints on the gun."

"I would now like to call the accused...Joseph Chambers."

I was about to call on the stand, when I noticed Klaus looked into his pocket, and pulled out a piece of paper. he read it, and his eyes got big. He ran onto the stand.

"Mr.Layne!" Cried out Judge Matters, "get back to your seat."

"Sorry, your honour," replied Klaus. "But right here...read this note. Kyle must have put it in my coat pocket before he died. I just found it in there right now. It's signed and everything!"

Judge Matters took the note from Klaus, and read it out loud:

Dear My Sanctuary and my brother, Klaus

I'm so sorry what I've done to the band and I'm sorry what I've never been a brother to you, Klaus. I'm sorry I joined the band Euthanasia. I was just to stubborn to admit I made a mistake. I realized how crazy Andy's band was, but I didn't think you guys would accept me back into the band.

I thought Andy was my friend, but I was a fool to believe that. I figured he wasn't after what he done to Megan and Amy. At least I voted that he wouldn't kiss you, Megan. I knew you were stronger then me and saw him for what he really was. Still, I'm sorry for being a part of that. I just wanted to fit in. Isn't that what we all wanted?

Andy is contemplating on hurting you guys. He does have a gun and planning to jump on you guys. I'm sorry, I didn't know what to do, that's why I'm putting this note in your pocket, Brother. to keep you away from them. I want to warn you not to go outside for awhile while I plan what to do. I hope they don't attack you before then. I hope this gets to you in time. I am willing to die for my mistakes. I'm a terrible person and better off dead. That's why I'm coming with Andy to protect you guys.I won't let him hurt any of you.

Klaus, I would go back and change everything if I could, but I can't. I don't deserve to live. That's why I am going to die to save you guys if it comes to that. I'm not scared to die. Klaus, that's why I want you to have my bass guitar that you always liked. I'm sorry that I was a crappy brother.

Megan I don't know what to say. You're a beautiful young lady, and I'm sorry that I encouraged Andy to take advantage of you, even though in the end it ended up being Amy. I know you're find your guy and fall in love. In my opinion, Joey and you would make a good couple. You were always like a sister to me. In Klaus' coat pocket is that chain necklace you always liked. It's now yours.

Amy, I'm sorry what Andy did to you, and by that I mean Andy and me. I was so tempted to find somewhere I belong, that I was blind to see that I belonged to My Sanctuary. You deserve someone better than Andy, and I know you'll find him. In my room you'll find some make-up on my dresser I bought for you. Don't wear all black, don't hide your pretty face, because you're beautiful.

Kenny, I'm so sorry for what I did in the past. I was more harsh on you then others with my jokes. I hope you can forgive me. At home in my room is my leather coat of mine you always liked. It's now yours.

Joey, I feel like it's you who takes care of the band. So continue taking care of them for me, okay? I'm sorry I gave you a rough start when you joined My Sanctuary. I'm sorry I forced you to give Kenny the beer. I really am. I want you to have my chain bracelette which is also on my dresser in my room.

In my room, hidden in my secret drawer (Klaus knows what I'm talking about) is a picture of Kenny, Joey, Megan and me. You never knew this, but I hided it to remind me that I want to be back there. That picture has so many good memories for me. Sorry that you're not in that one, Amy or Klaus. too bad you didn't join the band earlier. Whenever you look at the picture, you can always see the original members of My Sanctuary.

If I die today, I want you guys to know I love you all, and I am deeply sorry. I want to die for you guys to show how much sorry I am. I love you all.

And if this is my final good bye, please, forgive me, that's my final wish.


Kyle Layne.

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story