Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Return of the Lost Son

Enter the Kyuubi

by EC1231 2 reviews

The Kyuubi has finally broken free and assumes control of Kenichi's body.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Yondaime - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-11-27 - Updated: 2006-11-27 - 1116 words

1Exciting
The sight of reinforcements coming to help trap him in the blue prison only served to anger Kenichi more. He could feel the hatred and desire to destroy growing inside him. He could feel the Kyuubi pumping more and more of its chakra into his body, transforming him into a more perfect weapon. He had never gone this far with the Kyuubi before, and although the destruction of Konoha was his goal, Kenichi wasn't sure if this was the price he wanted to pay to do it. What good would wiping out Konoha be if it also cost him his life. But he couldn't stop it.

Seeing the smug masks of the ANBU outside the barrier fueled his anger. They were stopping him from reaching Namiko and making sure she was okay. He hadn't meant to wound her, but everything was so hectic that he didn't have time to think. He could only react, and when he felt that hand grab him, his only thought was of striking down another shinobi. He hadn't even registered that he had struck her until a few seconds later, but by then, it was too late. The more he thought about that and the more he saw that he was unable to escape from his prison, the madder he got.

Kenichi could feel a seventh tail sprouting in response to his growing anger. Was that right? 7 tails? He had never gone past 6, even in training. It was like the tail was forcing itself out and he was helpless to stop it. And as the tail forced itself out, a strange feeling overcame him. It was like his body was going numb. He could see and feel his fingers, but they seemed to be slow in responding to him. The more the chakra pumped into him, the deeper the numbing feeling penetrated into his body. Then his vision started to fade, but not in the sense of closing his eyes. It was more like he was in dark, narrow tunnel being pulled deeper inside so that the entrance's bright light became smaller and smaller. The numbness continued to grow until it had enveloped Kenichi completely, leaving him feeling like prisoner in his own body.

The chakra pressure inside the barrier had grown to a dangerous level, and the ANBU could no longer keep it up. They were ready to abandon their assignment and flee in order to put as much space between them and the soon-to-be-released-Kenichi as possible. No one was prepared for what happened next because as quickly as it had expanded, the chakra that swirled around Kenichi retreated back inside of him, leaving the surrounding air peaceful and calm. The onlookers from Konoha had mixed reactions. Some were stunned silent, unable to comprehend what had just happened; others cheered loudly, confident that their victory was finally at hand; and some gripped their kunai even tighter, preparing themselves for another outburst from the beast inside.

But then an intense flash of light filled the still-standing barrier of the ANBU specialists, making it impossible to see what was going on inside. Even from that distance, most of the shinobi who had retreated to Konoha's walls had to shield their eyes from the brightness emanating from inside the barrier. The barrier once again started to give way to the building pressure inside causing its walls to swell out, and then with an explosion, the barrier was shattered. A giant "ROAR!" came out of the light, but from what, no one could tell. The light was momentarily unchanged, but soon it too started to fade away, gradually revealing the figure at its center.

At first, many of the shinobi thought they were witnessing some sort of optical illusion made by the retreating light or some kind of genjutsu. But as the figure at the center of the bright explosion became clearer and more defined, it became obvious that this was no trick. Standing where Kenichi had once been was a massive fox. Measuring at least 300 feet from the ground, the grinning fox surveyed everything below him, taking the time to absorb all that was going on around him. Behind it, 9 tails waved wildly in the air. The fears of Konoha had materialized before the very eyes of the gathered shinobi, and it was called Kyuubi.

The massive fox continued to eye Konoha with a sly grin plastered across its face. Its red eyes glowed like an inferno. Then, out of nowhere, the Kyuubi let out a howl.

"YEEEEOWWWW!" shouted the surprisingly human voice. "I am finally free of that wretched prison! It has been so long since I tasted the fresh air...or smelled the carnage of recent battle."

The Kyuubi bent its head low and licked its black tongue over its lips as it sniffed at the ground around its paws. It could smell the blood and sweat of Konoha that had soaked the soil and he loved it. Inside of Kenichi, the sights and sounds of the world were relayed to him like a movie. The Kyuubi could tell what was there, but it couldn't taste, smell, or feel it. But now, out of the prison of Kenichi's body, the fox was able to enjoy his freedom. And for him, slaughtering the citizens of Konoha, the village that originally hunted and trapped him inside the vessel would be the most fun thing to do.

The Kyuubi brought its eyes back up to focus in on its target. Its tails twitched back and forth like a wolf's just before pounces on its prey. The fox sprang forward into a full sprint, barreling down on the village walls and ready to demolish every brick and beam inside. The shinobi inside had no answer for the most feared and powerful of the tailed beasts and their only hope was that the Kyuubi spared some of their lives. But before the demon fox could lay into the walls, a massive shadow appeared on the ground in front of the walls. It was the size of a small pool and only got larger. The Kyuubi looked up and slid to a stop just before the red, glistening body of a giant frog crashed to the ground in front of him.

The cloud of dust shot out like a 100 explosive tags had been placed underground. At the center of the cloud the red frog sat calmly smoking a polished, wooden pipe, blowing the fragrant smoke out the other side of his mouth. A kodachi (small sword) in a black scabbard hung loosely at the his side. Standing on top of the giant frog's head was Yondaime and he was prepared to do battle with the demon fox.
Sign up to rate and review this story