Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thank You For the Venom

No, I'm not daydreaming about her, it's the stupid turkeys in my brain.

by aznfoblover 0 reviews

Mikey and Mel have known each other forever. Can one day change what they think of each other? And will it change to something more?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 752 words

0Unrated
~~~~~
Mikey's POV

I walked out to practice in a daze. She didn't hate me. She actually hugged me and she didn't seem to want to let go. That confused me the most, but I told myself I'd talk to her later. But I loved every second of it. I wonder what would've happened if Frank hadn't walked in. We probably would've talked more. Or there would be an awkward silence. I can't stand awkward silences.

Of course, everyone was making a big deal out of me finally talking to her. I didn't listen. I wasn't even paying attention through half of practice. I was thinking of her and what had happened. And wondering what would happen between us.

"Mikey? Mikey! MIKEY ARE YOU THERE?!" I heard distantly. I snapped out of my daydreams of me and her to look over at Gerard.

"Is someone talking to me?" I asked. They all gave me exasperated looks.

"You idiot! We've been trying to get your attention for the last ten minutes, but you've been daydreaming about Ray's sister!" Frank said. I looked at him in alarm as Ray got mad.

"Why are you daydreaming about my sister?" Ray asked angrily. OK they weren't supposed to know what I was thinking about. I started backing away as Ray advanced on me. Ray's bigger than me, and I'm not so sure I want to fight him. "Answer me! Why are you daydreaming about my sister?" he yelled. I cringed and shrank from his shadow, knowing that I should've said something like 'No I'm not daydreaming about her, it's the stupid turkeys in my brain!' But all I did was back away. I ended up almost falling over the drumset and the amps when Mel and Gee came to the rescue.

"Ray, stop it!" Mel said, restraining her brother with Gerard's help. Frank and Bob were looking at me curiously. "What was he saying about me?" she asked.

"I WAS ASKING HIM WHY HE WAS DAYDREAMING ABOUT YOU!!" Ray screamed. She stopped restraining him and gave the the same look as Frank and Bob. I did what I do best then. I turned and ran right out the door, still holding my bass. I ran mostly because I was afraid Ray would murder me by beating me to a pulp with Frank, Bob, and Mel trying to figure out what was happening. And I also ran because I didn't want to face the stares. I didn't want her to know. I didn't want any of them to know. And I guess that by running, I confirmed their suspicions.

I didn't run back home, though that would've been smart. I didn't run to the school because I hated it there. Where did I run instead? I don't even know how I got there. Running became a blur while I was thinking about everything. When I finally realized where I was, I stopped and sat down.

"Hey there, Grandma. How's it going?" I asked her tombstone. I sat there and told her everything that had happened since she had gone. I told her about my feelings, how I was sad and lonely. It felt good to get it out of my head. But the last part was confusing to me. I didn't know what I was feeling.

"You know what the worst part is? The worst part is that I like her, that I may even love her. I had no idea until just now. I have all this time, from watching her and hearing her, but I never said a thing. And she has no clue," I said, realization coming to me at last. I realized I still had my bass in my hand. So I just started playing. And the first song that came to my mind was "Under Pressure". And that was strangely how I was feeling. So I played and sang (horribly, Gerard's the singer in the family) to the song. It sounded like complete crap to me because it was only the bass part and really awful singing, but it helped make me feel better. I was about to say goodbye right after the song when I heard clapping coming from behind me. At first I thought it was the dead coming back to life. I thought my grandmother was coming back. Until I heard the voice.

"That was really awesome," she said. I turned around and saw myself face-to-face with none other than Mel Toro, and I was scared out of my mind.

~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story