Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The World You Loved, Forever Gone

We Are All On Drugs

by aznfoblover 0 reviews

When Elise comes home to Chicago from France, where she studied, she finds the world she left has changed, and finds her best friend is in a band now

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 909 words

0Unrated
Pete's phone rang. And rang. It finally just went to his voicemail.

"Oh, Pete, what have you done this time?" I moaned to myself. I jumped into my car and drove to Andy's. I banged on the door, willing the tears not to come.

"Hello? Oh hi, Elise," Patrick said as he opened the door. I came inside. And we both looked around nervously.

"Have you found him yet?" I asked anxiously. He shook his head.

"We've been calling everywhere. Joe left to go find him and Andy and I stayed here in case he comes over here," Patrick said.

"Tell Andy that we're leaving, grab your jacket, and meet me out in the car," I told him. He looked at me like I was crazy, but did what I told him to. I went out and started the car and turned on the heater. I had forgotten how cold it could get in Illinois. Patrick joined me in the car a couple of minutes later.

"Let's go. You know where he might be?" Patrick asked as I sped away from Andy's house. I shook my head.

" I mean, I have a couple of ideas, but I don't know if they're right. Or still standing." I muttered the last part under my breath.

"Let's go to the first one. Where is it?"

"A place on the outskirts of town. I don't even remember when we found it. We used to go there when we were sick of school or home or whatever. And we'd just hang out. No one else knew about it, and we'd just vent to each other and sit there until we felt like leaving," I said, remembering all of the good times we had there. The rest of the ride there was in anxious silence. When I pulled the car up, I parked and we both jumped out of the car.

I loved being here again. We were on a hill, in a little place surrounded by trees. Pete and I loved to play hide and seek or just hide from anyone who decided to come near here. Then, we'd jump out and scare the living daylights out of the unfortunate soul who decided to come to our spot.

"Pete?" Patrick called out. He stayed close, just in case something happened to either of us.

"Peter? Petey please come out," I called. "Please," I whispered. We walked through some more trees. I suddenly knew where he was. "He's hiding in our secret spot," I whispered to Patrick. He gave me a strange look. "Look, I just know, OK?" We walked a little farther, and finally saw a figure hunched over on the ground, rocking back and forth. "Stay here," I told Patrick. He did as he was told, and I went over to Pete and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, Elise. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry any of you, I'm really sorry," Pete stared crying into my shoulder.

"It's OK, Pete, I'm here. We can make everything better," I said soothingly.

"No, it's done, and I can't take it back. I wish I could, Ellie, I wish I could," he said, still crying and rocking back and forth. I was startled by him using my nickname, which he never called me by.

"Petey, what happened? Please, I need to know," I whispered.

"You're gonna hate me," he mumbled. I took him by the shoulders and looked him straight in the eye.

"I'd never hate you," I said to him.

"OK... well, I... I saw Kate today," he whispered. I nodded, confused. Kate was our friend, and one of my only girl friends that I would hang out with before I left. "Something in me just snapped. I got so mad that she hadn't talked to you, that no one had even bothered to contact you and find out what was up, and I know that I'm to blame too, but I still got mad, and... well Kate started crying and told me I'm nothing to you, and I never would be, and so... I went home to try to ease the pain," he said quickly.

"Pete, what did you do," I asked, tears in my eyes.

"I took 8 Advil. Don't worry, I threw them all up after I realized what I had done. But part of me thought, 'Great, Wentz. She won't like you. You're a freaking druggie now, and you know she hates that. Think before you overdose again.'" He looked at the ground as I shook my head.

"How many stupid things have I done in my life? And you still love me. I am kinda pissed that you went off on her, but it's nothing that I wouldn't have done if I had seen her. Look at me," I said to him. He looked up at me in amazement. "I love you, Pete." He kissed me, whispering, "I love you too, Elise." I finally remembered that Patrick was still here, watching us.

"We have company," I said, pulling away and looking at Patrick. Patrick looked at us, shock and another emotion that I couldn't figure out written clearly across his face. Pete turned and grinned at Patrick, who smiled back weakly. We went back to the car, Pete's arm around my waist. As we got in, I could've sworn I heard Patrick mutter something that sounded a lot like, "Bassist," and something that sounded like, "Druggie." But I couldn't be sure.
Sign up to rate and review this story