Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > All Alone

What To Do

by cassandra 5 reviews

Kevin's weird.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-29 - Updated: 2006-11-30 - 764 words

2Exciting
Delilah felt a cold wind and shivered. She tried to roll up in the blankets, but as she started to roll she fell off of the bed and landed on the ground with a loud thump. Delilah groaned as she slowly stood up, "That hurt." She looked at the clock, that sat on the bedside table, it read 10:05. Then remembered that check out was at eleven. "Well that's one way to wake up."

Delilah grabbed her backpack and went into the washroom to have a shower. A little while later Delilah came out of the washroom, freshened up, but still felling terrible. "How could I ever compare Kevin to Julius? Julius was something really special. Kevin...well he's...okay so I don't know what he is, but there is no way he's anything like Julius. I loved Julius. No, I love Julius and nothing will even change that." Although she wanted to sound confident she wasn't, "Right?" She stopped talking to herself when she realized what time it was. Check out was in 5 minutes.

Delilah grabbed her bag and rushed downstairs. She checked out at 10:58. She slowly walked out of the hotel, with her head down, thinking about what she was going to do next. When she looked up she saw a familiar face, looking at her. When she saw his face, her sprit rose and she felt that everything was going to be okay. She walked over to him and said, "Hi, Kevin. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you."

"How long have you been waiting here."

"Since about...nine."

"Really, why?"

"Because I wanted to see you." They started to walk, both of them not knowing where they were going.

"Look I really appreciate everything you did for me, but..."

"But, what?"

"Well, why do you want to see me?"

"It's hard, being all by yourself. You seem like you need a friend and I'm just the guy to be your friend."

Delilah opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came to mind.

After an awkward pause Kevin said, "You want to get something to eat?" Right on cue, Delilah's stomach growled. "Well, I'll take that as a yes." Kevin turned the corner and Delilah followed him. Soon they came to the same little café that they went to last night. Kevin and Delilah walked in and sat down at the same table. Andi came up to them and again just like last night she asked them, "May I take your order?"

"I know it's not on the menu, but I was wondering if we could get some of your famous pancakes."

"I've done enough for you Kevin, I could get in trouble."

"Please." Kevin gave her his puppy dog eyes and immediately she caved.

"Fine."

"Oh and two cups of coffee."

"Fine." Andi walked away to go do whatever she did. Soon she came back with there coffee and pancakes.

Delilah blew on her steaming cup of coffee. As she set the cup down, in a very serious voice, she asked, "Honestly, why'd you come back this morning."

"Kevin put down his cup and sighed, "Honestly...Well I don't really know, but I kind of feel this connection with you. It's like nothing I've ever felt before and I know you feel it too."

"You're mistaken. I don't feel anything more than friendship for you." Truthfully she did feel something for him, something she didn't want to feel for anyone, but Julius.

"Everything all right here?"

Delilah looked up to see Andi, "Yeah, we're fine."

Kevin stood up and said, "I'll be right back, I have to use the little boys room." Andi sat down in his seat.

Delilah started to make conversation, "Kevin's a pretty nice guy."

"Yeah." Andi's reply sounded sarcastic.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You've only known him for, not even a day. Don't judge people so quickly."

"Okay then. Since you're his friend then you tell me what kind of guy he is."

"I shouldn't talk to you about Kevin."

"Why not?"

Andi got up from Kevin's seat, but before she left, she leaned closer to Delilah and said, "Watch out and don't rush into anything."

"I'm back." Andi spun around to see Kevin looking straight at her. Delilah looked up at Andi. Was that fear in her eyes? No it couldn't be. Could it?

"I got to get back to work." Without waiting for a reply Andi left.

Kevin sat down in his seat. "What were you guys talking about?"

Delilah thought about what to say and finally she said, "Nothing."
Sign up to rate and review this story