Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > All Alone

Where To Go

by cassandra 4 reviews

Right now I'm absolutely loving this story and I absolutely hate summaries.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-11-09 - Updated: 2006-11-10 - 1088 words

1Original
It was amazing, but since she had entered the café, no tears had dropped from either of her eyes. Not even when she talked about Julius and his death. Maybe it was because she had cried herself out or maybe it was because she just didn't care anymore.

What may have been even more amazing it that throughout the entire time, Delilah had felt as though Kevin had listened to everything she had to say. Everything. Even when Delilah was talking about herself, she had learned thing about Kevin. He was an excellent listener and he was very compassionate.

Delilah and Kevin had entered the café shortly after ten, now it was almost one thirty. Three and a half hours may not seem like enough time to tell ones life story, but somehow Delilah managed to fit hers all in. She had told him everything, from her parent's death to Julius' death. If Delilah had not been so traumatized, from Julius' death, then she would have realized that some of the things that she was telling him were actually illegal. For example the exact location of the academy and things about the G.I.B.

"...and you know what happened from there. Oh yeah thanks for helping me back there, I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't saved me." Delilah looked up at Kevin and saw this look in his eyes, was it love, lust, just because he was interested in her story, or something else. It didn't matter because in a moment it was gone.

Delilah looked down at the table and for the first time she realized that Kevin was holding both of her hands with his. Delilah wondered, 'Had I been so focused in my story not to notice or was he that sly.'

Delilah didn't have time to decide which one it was. "Excuse me." Delilah and Kevin looked up to see Andi standing there with her coat on and keys in her hand, "Let's go."

"Okay." Delilah and Kevin stood up, all three of them walked towards the door. Kevin rushed in front of Andi and held the door opened for the two females. Andi locked the door and all three of them started to walk.

Delilah felt so welcomed, that it took her a few minutes until she started to think about what she was going to do. Her pace slowed done as her mind started to race. 'What am I doing? Why am I following them? Where am I going to stay? I have no where to go.' The last thought troubled her the most.

It wasn't raining, like it was early, so when Kevin looked back he could see the worried look on Delilah's face. He seemed to know what she was thinking and the next thing that came out of his mouth, wiped all her fears away. Well for now. "I can take you to a hotel, if you like."

Delilah looked up at Kevin and smiled, it was her first real smile since Julius died. "I would really like that."

"Great." He turned towards Andi, "I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye." Andi waved goodbye to both of them and continued to walk straight.

Kevin, followed by Delilah, jaywalked across the street. Both of them were silent as they walked to the hotel.

Before Delilah heart was heavy and full of fear and regret, but now (to put it in simple terms) she was happy. For the first time in weeks, she was actually happy. She looked up at Kevin and it felt as though she was walking with Julius again. She quickly dismayed the thought, 'How could this feel anything even close, to walking with Julius. Kevin is nothing like him.' She would never admit it, but she did get the same vibe from Julius and Kevin.

Delilah tried not to think about it as they walked the rest of the way to the hotel.

Finally after a long awkward silence they reached the hotel. Riverbank Hotel. They weren't even inside yet and Delilah knew that the entire place would be gorgeous. They reached the main doors and Delilah could see a fountain, in the center of the enormous room. They walked up to the desk, which had only one girl working, because it was so late. "May I help?" Her voice was so cheery that it sickened Delilah.

Kevin was so calm and collected as if this was apart of his daily route, "Yes, my friend here would like a room."

'Did he just call me his friend?' The only friend Delilah had had before was Julius. It felt strange, actually it felt the same as when she first met Julius.

"For how many nights?" This time Delilah didn't mind her cheery voice.

Kevin looked to Delilah for an answer, "Um...three."

"How about you just get one for now. You never know what tomorrow can bring."

"Okay then."

"So...one night?" This time her voice wasn't cheery at all. Kevin nodded his head. She typed some things into the computer. "Okay so your room number is 118. It's on the second floor. Use that elevator." She pointed at a pair if elevator doors, to the right. "When you get off go to the left and it shouldn't be that hard to find. Checks out's eleven, in the morning. Now how are you going to pay for this?"

Kevin started to dig in his pockets, but Delilah went in front of him with her wallet already in her hand. "Cash."

"I'll pay for it."

"No, I can pay for myself."

"Fine." Delilah paid and the girl gave her, her keycard. "Do you want me to come up with you?"

"No I can manage, but I really appreciate everything you did for me."

"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow." Before Delilah could ask what he meant by that, he was out the door.

She took the elevator to the second floor and went left. The girl was right, it wasn't hard to find. Delilah put the card in and opened the door. It wasn't a big room. It had a bed, TV, and a bathroom. But that was all she needed.

Delilah threw her small bag onto the floor and jumped onto the queen sized bed. Today had been a very long day, especially with that creep. Delilah didn't want to think about it. She hadn't noticed it until now, but she was really tired and without changing or going underneath the covers, she fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story