Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > OASIS

Gummi Ship Intermission!

by Niyu_chan_Mizuke 0 reviews

Sora returns to Merlin's home to ask about the FF gang to accompany him to Oasis. Vincent refuses to help Mickey.Yuffie begins to think she's going insane. Leon envies Yuffie's ability to come to t...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Aeris, Cid, Cloud, Leon, Mickey Mouse, Sora, Yuffie, Other - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-12-01 - Updated: 2006-12-01 - 2824 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Final Fantasy VII, or Kingdom Hearts. They belong to Tetsuya Nomura and Square Enix. However, I own Mina, Sakuyo, Gill, and anyone non-character in OASIS.


Diclaimer Note: Some OCs mentioned in this story, I don't own. They will belong to my good friend, Startrixity. I'll let you know if and when they show up.


========================================================================
She kept her gaze to the floor as Sora began to explain; she couldn't help the anger that was boiling over. She couldn't even remember what had happened after that stranger summoned that strange key blade. How did she lose and why was the woman so familiar to her? She averted her eyes to her hands, lying limply in her lap.

Yuffie recognized the bruises; it must've turned into some type of fist fight at one point. It was quite terrible; purple abrasions covered her knuckles, a painful reminder that she still needed to work on her fighting.

She tried her best to clench her fist, but pain soon shot in her hand, making her wince. Yuffie sighed and looked over to see a concerned Aerith gazing over at her. "What?!" Yuffie inquired, almost snapping at her friend.

"I told you to take Leon," she chided softly but sternly. "We didn't even know the condition of your home, Yuffie." Yuffie huffed slightly, looking towards the door of Merlin's home, crossing her legs and giving a small pout. No way was she going to bring Mr. Emotionless-might-as-well-be-speaking-to-a-rock. The man thought nothing of her, just a fighting companion. She knew he would rather stay here than go across to another country for a few weeks.

"I'm not too sure I understand." She could hear the frown in Sora's voice. "You were a princess?"

People need to understand that sometimes she just didn't feel like talking. Yuffie nodded slightly, uncrossing her legs for the third time in the conversation. She never liked sitting still; it made her feel like she was wasting life. "My country was destroyed the same day," she explained, frowning with her eyes downcast. She shook her head slightly and shrugged. "It wouldn't have lasted anyway. Even my father knew I wasn't fit to rule. Too free-spirited."

"Humph. I couldn't see that from ya either..." Yuffie didn't bother to look over to know who it was, Cid. Calmly, she grabbed one of her spare shoes, and in one quick, fluid motion, chucked it at Cid's head. It made a direct contact to his right temple, but, after an annoyed groan, laughed at her childish antics.

Yuffie put another pout and remarked, "You're the one to talk, Gramps!" She immediately rewarded by the same pair of shoes being thrown at her. Yuffie hastily ducked, and the shoes bounced off the wall, hitting her back. She yelped, standing, and glared at Cid, laughing triumphantly.

"I'll get you!" she cried and charged forward, intent to rip the mid-thirties man's head off. The objective changed, however, when she tripped over Tifa's (just walking in) black shoes, landing embarrassingly flat on her stomach on the table.

"Oh my goodness!" her friend cried, getting a concerned look. "Sorry!" Yuffie waved it off before sitting at the edge of the table, suppressing a growl in Cid's direction. She would have to get revenge for it later.

Sora briefed a sigh before continuing. "So we need y'all to come with us," he explained with a small frown. She always knew he hated asking for help.

Aerith gave a soft smile of reassurance. "Don't worry," she said, speaking for everyone there, "We would be more than happy to help you, Sora."

He only returned with a frown of reluctance, but, nonetheless nodded in gratitude. Cid stood then, giving his trademark grin. "Well, what are we waiting for?!" He put his clenched fist into his open palm. "Let's get ready and go!"

==============================================================
Dark crimson eyes stared down to the steam of the small tea dish, frowning as the words rang in his ears. Rough, long, raven hair framed the ghost pale skin of his elongated face. His bangs nearly covered every facial feature if it weren't the large red headband wrapped loosely at his forehead. His cape draped around him, tattered and connected by belts. The collar came about his chin; it sometimes covered his mouth.

"So, you do understand what I'm asking you?"

He nodded slowly as he picked up the tea with his right hand; a golden claw-like gauntlet covered what would be his hand and most of his arm, making people believe it was a true claw. His other hand lay comfortably on the table, covered by a black glove with buckles covering his fore arm attached to a black sleeve. That connected to a jacket with buckles lining the sides, bringing it together.

"Why do you insist not getting involved then?" The mouse reminded him of his old friend, Tuesti, Reeve. A diplomat by nature, he thought solemnly. He wondered where the poor man had gone, but he was sure the others thought the same way about him.

"Because," he said simply, "it does not concern me. I don't choose to be a hero unlike others." He gave a small sigh of annoyance, but made sure not to show it in his expression as not to distress the mouse, King Mickey, he called himself.

King Mickey returned his frown, obviously disappointed with his decision. "What about your friends?" he objected. "I had them come here with Sora."

He shook his head, staring back once more to the tea. "They remember nothing," he monotone, "I'm sure half of them don't even know me anymore." Mickey then returned his sigh, this time in defeat.

The man got up, reaching into his black pants (below two belts), and pulled a wallet from it. He tossed a five on the table and walked out without another word, his gold metal boots clacking on the wooden floors.


Mickey sighed once again, leaning on his left elbow with his hand on his cheek, frowning. A hero of Meteorfall(1), Vincent Valentine, was harder for assistance than he expected. Still, he was right about one thing: the memory of Meteorfall seemed to be at a lost to everyone from Radiant Garden. He wondered how Vincent still knew, but he didn't want to pry.

Better luck next time...

==========================================================

"You really should take at least a potion."

Yuffie ignored Aerith's advice, growling in annoyance as she walked into a separate hallway of the gummi ship. The bruises must be concerning her greatly, but she didn't care. There was no need to waste something like that on simple injuries.

They still had time, since, from what the letter inscribed, it was quite a ways from Radiant Garden. Yuffie sat at one of the benches, sighing with a scowl. She felt her heart become constricted with dread, but she couldn't place from what, and then she felt her head becoming light.

She immediately recognized the symptoms, but she couldn't recall having it anywhere but an airship. She swallowed back the bile that surfaced up in her throat.

"Why are you leaving....?"

Was that her? She couldn't see the origin of the voice, but-did it matter? It sounded familiar like her. Yuffie shook her head; she probably needed some rest. Yuffie stood up and brushed herself off, sighing. She strolled down the circular hallway, stretching her arms out above her and yawning.

"Kisaragi...."

She stopped mid-step, shifting her head behind her. Once again, she saw nothing in the silent hallways. Weird, she could've sworn that was the woman she met in Wutai. 'What the hell is going on with me today?'' she thought grimly. 'Maybe I did take it too hard....'

Yuffie stopped before opening the door, feeling a hand on her shoulder. She whirled around to see the woman, smiling at her. Her heart constricted once again as she gasped. "W-what?" Yuffie stuttered staring wide eyed at her.

The woman smiled, giving a light laugh. "It's time I collect what's mine," she threatened with a menacing stare. What was she talking about?

"W-who are you?!" she practically yelled, still nervous at how close she was. The woman was only about a foot away, smiling wickedly.

She gave a mock disappointed look and chastised, "Aw, you don't remember?" Yuffie carefully stepped back, giving an uneasy glare. "I saved your lover-what? Three years ago?" The way her voice smoothed things out; she was a very nonchalant person.

Wait-her lover? She never really had any crushes. There was only one, but he left-she stopped in mid train of thought.

"I," she began, glaring back at the woman, "don't understand. I met you three years ago?" She didn't remember anything to do with her; especially when it was four years ago. In fact, the ninja was nowhere near Wutai-

"That's right," her voice startled her, "We made a deal..." She gave another wicked smile, making her gulp nervously.

"Yuffie!"

Yuffie sharply turned her head to see Aerith behind with a potion in her hand. She gave a curt nod in acknowledgement and turned around, only to find the hallway deserted once more. "Huh?" she choked out, giving a bewildered look. Wasn't she just talking to someone? With a sigh, she turned back around to Aerith. "You didn't see her," she enunciated slowly, knowing that it would make her sound insane, "did you?" Aerith shook her head, quirking an eyebrow in confusion.

"Dear Leviathan...."

=================================================================
There was few times where he would find her on the tower roof, where he had usually reminisced. That was probably how she got the idea of staying here at night. Few people came across it at Traverse Town, especially with the heartless scampering about on the lone streets of second and third district, but he could take care of himself. Now, as for her-

She sat, slumped by the edge of roof with her feet dangling over the edge. She was leaning back on her hands, basking in the crescent moonlight above (An: Yea, so cheesy!). Her expression was soft, her eyes full of reminiscence and hadn't even noticed Squall Aka Leon Leonhart coming onto the area.

She seemed so lost for someone like her and was so consumed in her own thoughts. What thoughts they are, he can only guess. He could never guess the unpredictability of his fighting companion, Yuffie Kisaragi.

Without speaking a word, he relaxed himself into a seat next to her, frowning as she continued to stare blankly ahead, conflicting emotions shimmering in her hazel eyes. This was truly seldom for her to be in this state, so, naturally, he was taken by surprise.

"Yuffie?" He watched her jump, shocked, almost causing her to tip off the edge of the building if it weren't for him grabbing her shoulder. "What are you doing here?" he insisted sternly, out of habit.

She carefully glanced at Squall, but shrugged it off, returning her gaze to the landscape of roofs, returning to whatever thoughts that were consuming the normally cheerful ninja. He could probably guess what it was.

"You need to let go..."

Her head sharply turned to him with a heavy glare, snapping, "You're the one to talk!" She stood abruptly, jabbing a finger in his direction. "Y-you," she screamed incredulously as he could see tears of rage and pain brimming her eyes, "how many times have you've been up here, grieving over someone? Even longer than I have, I'm sure!" Leon felt the blood in his veins began to boil. How dare she?! To speak out of place on a matter that had been left respectively unsaid for years? "I bet you still do, don't you?! Why?! WHY?!"

Leon stood as well, competing with her harsh glare with one of his own. Losing control of himself, he slammed his fist into her left cheek, knocking her back. "At least I don't yell it out on someone else!" She kept her gaze defiant, a spirit of unknown origin rising into a blaze. He had never seen such fiery eyes from her ever.

An odd smirk came from her then; her stance was much like a warrior, one with set determination. He knew that one would never have that look from just three years of training.

Yuffie hurled a punch in his direction, but reflexively caught as she continued to glare at his ice blue eyes. Silence soon overcame the two as he watched her face contort in the emotions she had been previously battling. Slowly, he let her go, realizing her anger had faded. After giving a more helpless stare, she broke.

Tears began to stroll down her cheeks as she fell to her knees with unspoken words dying at her pale lips. He sighed, knowing that he probably was too harsh on her. He quietly embraced her as she sobbed, letting all the grief out.

He stared out to the dark sky, wondering what would come of her now...



This was four years ago...



Leon didn't understand why the memory came to mind as Yuffie walked into the bridge with an oddly confused look, rubbing her head. She surely had changed over the four years, accepting death much quicker than him.

She was lucky.

Yuffie relaxed to a seat next to him, sighing in defeat. The bruises were gone, most likely due to the empty potion grasped lazily in Yuffie's left hand. She crossed her legs, giving a huff before staring at him.

"Yo, Squall," she began with her voiced laced in annoyance, "how much time we got?"

Leon had to roll his eyes at her "boredom grammar" (both of them have come to call it that), and remarked reflexively, "It's Leon." He was soon rewarded by a nice playful jab as Yuffie suppressed a snicker.

"No, serious!" she laughed. This had also become a habit, though he never understood why. "When?" He shrugged, giving a small scowl. He crossed his arms across his chest as Yuffie smiled; he guessed out of habit.

Sometimes he wondered how she obtained her habits, her cheerful attitude-her smile. Leon had always wanted to see what made her tick; just one peek into her train of thought. She had gone through no different than what the others had; yet-

She laughed, she smiled, she tripped, and she acted like there was beauty in everything in the world. While he was, more or less, a stone in a river; fighting back something that he would have to come to terms with someday.

Yuffie rolled her eyes, frowning with immense boredom. "Oh, come on!" she whined, extravagated, "You gotta know somethin', Squallie!"

Leon only glared in annoyance as he ignored her, leaving her to ramble on unknowingly to his actions. She always talked so long, even when she knew that no one was listening. Maybe to make for something else, but he doubted it.

She was an enigma to him in everything that she played out: the reason she smiled, the reason she laughed-the reason she enjoyed life when she had lost everything.

Why couldn't he do the same? Envy overtook him as he gazed over at the ninja, her hazel eyes glistening brightly with her current topic. Even if it was something completely random, she would find a way to get it involved.

"Hey!" Cid intruded, blasting open the bridge doors and making his way over to where the two sat. "You two get ready, so I can get off this junk Sora's calls a f@#://in' ship!"

Yuffie rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out mockingly. "Geez, Cid!" she seethed, "Can't refrain yourself around the kids?" Cid gave a hateful glare, muttering a 'humph'.

"You're the one to talk, brat." Of course, this enraged the ninja. She stood abruptly; about to make her way, but Leon grabbed her wrist, dragging her back down.

He was sure of it. He didn't think she even had the ability to cover things up...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, this was so short... :( Oh, well, I'm trying. If you're confused, don't worry, you're supposed to be. It's always good to keep a little secret, no?
Okay, guys, letting you know, it's not supposed to be a Squiffie. Sorry.

(1): Meteorfall is reference to the end of the FF7 game, for those unaware.

Well, time to explain a little about the story itself. It's actually a working comic-in-production and will be posted on my DA and a special website designed by yours truly. I'll let ya know when it comes up.

The fanfiction itself is inspired by many songs and things, but the main inspiration is from Gackt's song, "Oasis." It's a long story, but I fell in love with the lyrics to it.

Dedication: :/ Should've went with Prolouge but anyway, this is dedicated to my sister, Startrixity, and my two boyfriends (not really! The second one is meh buddy.I just call 'em that!). It's also dedicated to my friend, Chronos Guardian, and my family (though I doubt they'll ever come across this).
Sign up to rate and review this story