Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Seeing Double

Chapter 7

by jekka10 2 reviews

The Break Up!

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-12-01 - Updated: 2006-12-02 - 2745 words

0Unrated
Authors Note: Last Chapter!! I know, a shame really. Not much was really put into this story, so I'm starting up about three one-shots. I'm better at those anyways, well according to the reviews. C'mon guys, none for the last chapter? Again a shame. Anyways, disclaimer: I don't own COTT. Happy reading!
---

Theresa sat down in math class, the class she had with Phil. This is going to be fun, how am I going to do this. I have a couple choices, 1. I whisper it to him, 2. A note or 3. texting. Well texting is out cause that's so stupid, and the note... well that's pretty much the same isn't it? I'll tell him after class. I hope he doesn't sit here though. Sure enough, he strode through the door and gave a grin at Theresa. Damn, he's sitting here. He walked over a sat in the chair beside her.

"Heyyy Phil. Heh, What's up?"

"Nothing really, just coming to math class like everyone else."

"Oh yeah, seems like a logical excuse."

She made awkward hand movements and gave a nervous giggle. She felt sorry for the guy, she had led him on. She's only broken up with boys that had used her for her money or just her. She never really had a good relationship before, no one that really cared for her, but now this one boy they decided to protect was trying to do just that. And soon enough, she was going to dump him./ I'll just say I wasn't feeling attracted as I thought I would be, it has only been acouple of days right? It won't matter that much./ She blew the hair out of her face and sighed. This wasn't going to be easy.

She looked up at the clock. /Oh jeeze, only fifty seven minutes until the end of class. Maybe he will become occupied with the notes and text work, oh please become occupied. /She was handed a note, she cringed. She didn't want to be asked to go somewhere, she was supposed to break up with this guy! The mission to protect him was over, and he didn't even remember it. She put it in her pocket, saving it for later. She mouthed the words "The teacher is looking" and went back to her work.

When Phil wasn't looking at her, she flipped open the paper to read the note. It read, Movie Tonight?, she groaned and picked up her pencil in her hand. In her neat writing it wrote, Busy, sorry. She handed it back to him and watched him pry the paper open, he read it and looked at her. She gave a half smile and shrugged her shoulders. She took the paper and wrote more on it, We need to talk after class, meet outside the door. His eyes cast over the paper again and he gave her a questioning look. She quickly turned her head down to her text work, then to the clock. / Time flies by when your worried doesn't it. /She rolled her eyes and calculated the minutes, only 41 to go. Yippee.

---

Jay felt somewhat worried, he knew Theresa was dumping Phil for him. And Phil was only sort of big. I wonder if I can get Herry to be my bodyguard, I should really go talk to him. I wonder how Theresa is coping with all this, first she's forced to go out with this guy, now out of no where break up with him in a matter of days. I'd hate to be in her position right now, I'll go talk to her once the bell rings in uhh.... 25 minutes.

---

Archie had fallen asleep on his desk, but he wouldn't get in trouble for it, it was Mr. Hermes language class. Hermes didn't really yell, he was just, hyper. He awoke to the god whispering in his ear.

"Psst, Archie, Archie, wake up."

He groaned and looked up. I guess sleeping is out of the picture, Ugh, now I'm even sleepier. He saw Atlanta giggling at him and he immediately shook his hair with his hand, about 4 balls of paper and 6 pieces of eraser fell out. He whispered to her in the next row.

"Loser."

"Dork."

He rolled his eyes and saw her smile again, that's when he lost his mind to dreaming. / I wonder if she knows yet, maybe I'll get Theresa to tell her. She'd do it right? Doesn't she owe me a favor? Wait, I owe her one. Dang, how can she not see I like her. She's such a trouble, but that's why I like her right? She's different from the other girls, and the fact that we are already close helps. Jeeze, Jay managed to do this before me. No! Wait, Theresa did it before me, not Jay. Aha. /He looked at Atlanta in the eyes and one of her eyebrows was up. He didn't notice that he was starring at her the whole time he was thinking. He groaned and a slight brush came over his cheeks, when he felt the heat on his skin he let his head hit the desk once again. Atlanta could be heard on his right trying to stifle a laugh with a snort here and there.

---

Uhhh... two minutes, it's so close. I'll just get it over a done with. Just walk out The bell interrupted her thoughts and everyone packed up for lunch. /Oh damn. Just do it, don't think, like that one summer when you when cliff jumping. Just jump. Remember your books though Theresa. /She took a step back the desk her books occupied and picked them up. She walked through the doorway and looked around, to her right was Phil leaning against the wall, and to her left was Jay walking towards her. She started trying to wave her arm, shooing him away. He turned and pretended to fumble with a lock on a locker that wasn't his. She strode to her right and smiled and Phil.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"I figured that."

"Phil, I don't think we should go out anymore."

"What! Why?"

"Only because I can't feel any attraction between us," Theresa kind of shied away from the large teen in front of her, he seemed to be somewhat angry," and I really don't think I can see you anymore."

"What? You can't break up with me! I told all my buddies I was dating you and they got jealous, what am I supposed to tell them now?! That you broke up with /me/!?" He covered his mouth and he eyes went wide. She started yelling.

"So this whole caring and nice guy was a FAKE?! You played me to get action, to make your 'buddies' jealous!? Am I just an object to you!? I don't feel the least bit sincere to you now. I hope you know I would NEVER fuck you!"

She yelled this in the middle of the hallway, Jay watching the whole thing. Theresa's eyes started to have a shine to them, this fight brought back memories, about all the other guys she had dated, only trying to get her in to bed. Her sadness turned in to anger, realizing what he could've done to her.

"You, you, sick perverted freak!" A crowd was now forming, including Phils' 'buddies'. "Trying to USE me! I hope you KNOW that this whole 'dating situation' was a trick, a prank, it meant NOTHING."

Phil's buddies started to casually make fun of Phil, while some tried to comfort Theresa. She pushed at them, knowing what they really wanted, trying to get away from the crowd. Jay started following her, grabbing her wrist. She immediately turned into his arms, hugging him, and just stayed there.

"I am so sorry Theresa, I didn't think it would hurt you this badly."

A few tears went down her cheeks, she was trying to keep it in.

"It's not your fault Jay, you've been the best through out this whole time. Before I came here, I had a couple boyfriends. Turned out all of them either wanted my money or my body. Including Phil. Jay, you are the only one that hasn't tried to do that, and the your bed is the first one I've slept in other then my own. I totally trusted you and things turned out positive, you did nothing. And I love you for that."

She turned her head up to his. He kissed her forehead.

"I love you too Theresa, I won't let anything like this happen again."

She smiled into his shirt and they just stood in the middle of the hallway, letting everyone pass them.
---
Archie and Atlanta walked out of the doorway just casually talking to each other. They saw Jay and Theresa up ahead. Atlanta elbowed Archie in the ribs.

"Look at the two lovebirds."

"Aha, yeah. Right in the middle of the hallway."

"Wait, it looks like Theresa's crying. I'm going to go see what's wrong."

"Uhh, Atlanta, I don't think right now is the best time. Jay's probably the one she needs right now."

"Since when did you know so much about 'romance'."

He mind was having a debate, tell her or keep your mouth shut. It went with what he usually decided. He really needed to talk to Theresa.

"Uhh, no reason, just that she looks happy right now."

"Yeah I guess. I'll ask her later, but now I'm hungry, race you to the cafeteria?"

"Hah, bet'chya 5 bucks we get caught again."

"Whatever, lets go," She sped off like she usually did. Archie came right behind her. Theresas' hair blew in the gust of wind that passed, she looked down the hallway and saw a flash of red, purple, blue, and turquoise round the corner. Theresa looked up at Jay.

"Let's go the cafeteria now, I want to tell Atlanta something."

They walked down the hallway hand in hand.
---
Atlanta looked back at Archie, he had gotten better at running, he was only a few steps behind. He started yelling at her to stop, but she only thought it was so he could win. A pylon was set up saying, Caution, wet floor. Sure enough Atlanta went sliding into it. About to brace herself for the impact, an arm came around her lower back. She thought she was safe, figuring Archie had caught her again. With all her clumsiness that seemed to happen a lot. She opened her eyes only to find Archie searching for a place to hold himself up. He was about to fall on top of her when he twisted with her, making sure he wouldn't fall on her in an awkward position or anything. The fact that he didn't want to squish her with his bodyweight was also a factor. She fell on top of him and their lips crashed, Archie still holding on to her back. Theresa and Jay walked around the corner, they started to giggle, well Theresa did anyways. Men don't giggle.

"Wow, unexpected eh? I guess I don't have to tell Atlanta anything anymore."

Atlanta shot her head up and looked at Archie in the eyes. They were open in shock and fear. She started to laugh and he laughed along, the spunky redhead still atop of the mulleted dork. She let her head collapse against his chest and just laughed. He started to talk to her while they stayed on the ground.

"That was awkward?"

Atlanta though about it, and gave a straight answer, "Actually, no."

He pulled his head up to look at her, leaning on his elbows.

"How could it not be, that was embarrassing."

"Arch, I always do things embarrassing, that wasn't one of the worst. Honestly, it felt natural." She blushed at her confession.

Jay and Theresa came up behind them, deciding to tease them.

"Aww, look at the two lovebirds."

"Yeah, they just stay in the middle of the hallway!"

They started to laugh and walked the few steps in to the cafeteria.

"They're going to tell everyone about that aren't they," Archie asked.

"You think?" Atlanta leaned forward and gave him a peck on the mouth. "But, they won't know about that."

Archie smiled at her as she jumped up and touched the door to the cafeteria in slow motion.

"You could've won, I'm surprised you didn't take the chance."

She laughed and walked in. Archie jumped up behind her and grabbed her waist, hoisting her onto his shoulder.

"Well, I'm going to beat you to the table anyways."

She started to wiggle out of his grasp, but he held on.

"Nope, I'm going to win. Too bad Atlanta, you lose."

He smiled and sat down at the table letting her sit down beside him. Everyone just starred at them with a shit-eating grin on their faces.

"Fuck you Jay," Archie said with a smirk. Then Atlanta, out of no where, got the giggles and couldn't stop laughing.

"I..I need water," managed to escape her mouth before she laughed again. Theresa stood up fast and stated she was going to go with her, she wanted to know what really happened.

They stood in line at the kitchen to buy a water bottle. Theresa looked at Atlanta, and she looked away. She knew Theresa would manage the truth out of her somehow.

"Soo...Atlanta, what's new?"

"Jeeze Theresa if you want the truth get to the point."

"Your orders," Theresa held her hands up in defense, "Do you like Archie, as in more then a friend now? Or what?"

"Well what about Jay?" Atlanta smirked.

"I asked you first."

"Ugh, well I guess I do, but I don't want to be in a relationship right now. Just closer as friends. You know?"

"I guess, you just don't like the mushy stuff."

"Exactly, now what about Jay?"

"Isn't it obvious Atlanta?"

"Yes."

Theresa rolled her eyes, "Do I really have to tell you? You know, all the mushy details?"

Atlanta grunted, "No." They paid for the water bottles and walked out of the line. "But, I do want to know why you were crying earlier."

"Well Phil tried to use me for popularity and sex, so it kind of brought back memories of old boyfriends who also did that. I started yelling at Phil and walked away as a crowd was forming around us. Then Jay found me and helped me."

"So you two officially going out now or what?"

"I don't know. We'll see."

---
"So you're saying you're hooked up with Theresa, and that you and Atlanta just kissed?! I don't believe you!" A shocked Odie said, well all of them were shocked. Odie was the only one able to speak. Jay and Archie looked at each other and just nodded.

"Yep, that's pretty much how it went."

Herry mumbled some words that sounded similar to 'I don't know what to think anymore' through his mouthful of food. It was lunch, he was supposed to eat. He just barely had time to talk.

The two girls came walking back to their lunch table sitting beside their crushes. All of a sudden Neil jumped up and yelled, "About damn time!" and strode off. Everyone gave each other confusing looks and started to laugh a bit. Theresa leaned her head against Jay and he wrapped his arm around her.

"Things are looking pretty good right now eh? Cronus is gone, I'm with you, the team still is all here, Neil is still in love with himself, Archie confessed to Atlanta. This is probably one of the best days of my life so far."

Jay smiled down at her and kissed her nose.

"I agree one hundred percent."

Archie and Atlanta stared at the two and made faces. Atlanta started to make sounds to go with the faces. "Yeuck."
Herry just laughed at the faces and Odie felt uncomfortable. Archie stood up and started to walk out of the cafeteria, Atlanta running behind and jumping on his back. "I want a piggyback." Odie and Herry were the next to leave, and following them was Jay and Theresa. Everyone seemed happy, and for once, normal.

---

Done! Done! Yes! How was it? Please review your input on the story, I got no reviews for chapter 6. I love to see what people think of the writing style or the story in general. Constructive critism is awesome too. Well I might start some one shots, hope everyone enjoyed Seeing Double.
Sign up to rate and review this story