Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

1

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven\'t been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alte...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 823 words

0Unrated
This is going to be an alternative season four. But it starts close to the end of season three. It will be a Willow/Tara romance. It's sorta gonna start around the episode Choices. But I will make some changes as I need to. Hope everyone enjoys.
Willow sat and looked at the pile of letters on her desk. She still couldn't believe how many colleges were wooing her. As she had told Xander and the others, 'they're pitching woo'. To feel so wanted was very strange.
She couldn't help but reflect on how she had always wanted Xander. It was her childhood and than teenage crush. But he just simply couldn't feel the same way. It was the same with Buffy and Xander. No matter how hard Buffy tried, she just couldn't see him in that light.
At least she had Oz. Or did she. Lately, the two of them had seemed so distant. Again, Willow looked at the stack of letters from various colleges. She wondered if that wasn't the reason that their was a strain. As smart as Oz is, he just didn't really do well in school. He had very limited options.
And, she wasn't sure, but she could feel her feelings for him change. It was like she wasn't really attracted to him. But that was silly. After all they'd gone through with the fluking and the consequences, it would be foolish to lose him now. Especially when she wasn't sure why she was having these strange new feelings.
Maybe she should talk to Buffy. Not that Buffy had had that much great experience with dating. Angel lost his soul. Scott had basically dumped her for no real good reason. But she was her best friend. Maybe, just maybe she could tell her why she was feeling this way.
And yet, she didn't want to mention the school thing. After all, Faith had just turned all evilly on them. Now Buffy had no choice in where she went to college. Willow had all the choices in the world.
A breeze blew through her open patio door. It knocked one of the college brochures to the ground. Hesitantly, she picked it up. It was the one she had been eyeing the most. When she touched it, there seemed to be this spark. And more than just static electricity. It was the weirdest feeling she had ever had.
Before placing it back in the stack, she opened it again. There was an invitation for this weekend to visit the campus. An all expense-paid visit. Willow smiled to herself. She knew that the University of Michigan was one of the best schools in the country. Their computer department was one of the top ten in the nation. That was her main goal. Something in computers.
She looked again at the date. It felt so weird to be thinking about leaving everyone at this moment. The mayor was becoming more and more of a threat. Faith was now on the evil side. And they didn't know a whole lot about this ascension thingy that the mayor had planned. Except that it was, of course, of the no good.
Willow sighed. So many things on her mind at once. So many choices to make. To stay in Sunnydale, what college to go to, keep seeing Oz. She stumbled at the thought. Was she really thinking of breaking up with Oz? And why?
That's when she made her decision. At least one of the many she faced. She looked at the stack of letters. Her mind wandered before she went over to the telephone. With all that was going on, she really hated bothering her.
But Buffy was her best friend, and she'd always said that she'd be there for her anytime. It was closing in on two in the morning. Either Buffy would still be out patrolling and she'd be waking up Mrs. Summers, or she'd get Buffy.
'Only one way to find out. Not gonna sleep with all this on my mind'. Willow picked up the phone. On the first ring, her best friend answered. "Hello?"
"Buffy, it's Willow."
Buffy's voice grew with concern. "Will, is anything wrong? I just got in from patrol. I can be there in no time."
Willow softly laughed. "Sorry. Nothing really wrong. I just need somebody to talk to. There's a lot going on. And I think I need my best friend's advice."
"Oh." Buffy sighed with relief. "You scared me. Do you want me to come over? Or do you want to wait until tomorrow?"
"Well, I'm not really gonna sleep much tonight." Willow sighed heavily. "If you don't mind, could you come over? I know a lot is going on right now."
"That's slayer stuff. Best friend stuff is more important." Buffy hesitated. "Can you at least give me a hint as to what this is all about?"
Willow laughed a nervous laugh. "Choices."
Sign up to rate and review this story