Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

2

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 744 words

0Unrated
Buffy sat on the bed in Willow's room and watched her best friend pace back and forth. By now, she knew that Willow would come to the point. If only eventually. Sighing, Buffy finally decided that her friend needed a little push. "So, what are these big choices you need my advice about?"
Willow jumped at the sound of Buffy's voice. She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. One of them is, if not for bad timing, an easy one, I think." Buffy raised her eyebrows. "Keeping in mind it's just a visit and in no way means that I'll actually end up going there, I think I'm going there."
"Will, you lost me." Buffy stood up and came in front of Willow. "You can tell me anything, you know that. What is going on? Why would the timing be bad?"
"Well, with Faith going all evilly, and the major going to do the ascension thingy that we still don't really know anything about and the everyday evil, it might not be such a good idea."
Buffy laughed and shook her head. "Will, you've actually gotta tell me what you're thinking. Not just babble. Or I won't be able to help you any."
Willow sighed. She left Buffy standing in the middle of her room. She sat on the bed. Buffy quickly joined her. "Well, the first thing I wanted to talk about, was college."
"College?" Buffy looked surprised. "I just assumed you'd be going to Yale or Harvard or something. I mean, you're the brainiac of us."
Willow shrugged in response. "Well, I've actually narrowed it down to two." She looked at Buffy. "The one is The University of Michigan. It's the reason I'd be leaving. You see, they've offered me an all expense paid tour, if I go this weekend. I'd have to leave today, right after school."
"Today?" Buffy thought for a moment. "Right, it's now officially Friday." She took her best friends hand. "That's so cool. You'd get to see a great school. And think about all the boys. But, you have Oz, so that wouldn't really matter to you, now would it." Willow didn't say anything. "You still do have Oz, don't you?"
Now Willow sighed. "That's just it. Another of my choices. You guys haven't noticed, I guess, but we've kinda been not so together lately." Buffy's eyes widened. "He's still a great guy, but I'm just not feeling the sparkage, not like when we first started dating. And he seems to be hanging with his band a lot."
"Wow!" Buffy sat silently for a few minutes. "This is so huge. Especially after what you guys went through with the whole fluking thing."
"You think I don't know that?" Willow got up and started pacing again. "I was so scared that Oz wouldn't ever forgive me for what I did to him. And than, yay! He did." She shook her head. "But now, it's even worse than when he found out about me and Xander. There's no kissage. Hasn't been for a couple weeks."
"Willow, this is so huge." Buffy sighed. "Are you gonna break up with him?"
"That's the million dollar question Buffy." Willow eyed her best friend. She wondered if Buffy could handle the rest. Willow shook her head trying to clear her thoughts. Would Buffy understand that she had been noticing herself attracted to other girls? "I think I've made my mind up."
"Well, whatever you decide, you know I'll be there for you. Especially if you do break up with him." Buffy stood and put her hand on her shoulder. "Even if it is what is best, it's still gonna hurt."
Willow shook her head. "Not that. I'm talking about going on the tour this weekend."
"Oh." Buffy smiled. "That's cool. Maybe it'll help give you time to think about your relationship with Oz. Any other things all bottled up in the witchy red head of yours?"
"Maybe." Willow smiled at her look. "You know me, Buffy. "My mind is always at full speed. There is one other thing that I will want to talk to you about when I get back. It's something else that I think I need away time for a little perspective. It might help with the Oz situation."
Buffy shook her head. "You're doing it again. Talking in riddles."
Willow smiled. "Hopefully when I get back, I'll have some of the answers I'm looking for. We'll just have to wait and see."
Sign up to rate and review this story