Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

3

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 948 words

0Unrated
Willow was in awe. The campus was even larger than she had imagined. It was unbelievable how many computers that could be in one place at one time. She had just come from the computer science building. Her mind was still kinda jumbled. The cold air wasn't helping. She really wasn't paying attention.
That's when she bumped into somebody. Both had books in their hands and they ended up on the ground. Without even looking, Willow began picking up her books and the ones belonging to the stranger she'd just bumped into.
"I'm so sorry. Here. Let me get those for you." Willow handed the stranger the books. She finally looked up. When she did, her breath caught in her throat. Standing before her, was the most beautiful blue eyed blonde she had ever seen. She couldn't take her eyes off the other girl.
"N-no problem." Her blonde hair fell over her face. She kept her gaze towards the ground. "I-I wasn't really looking where I was going. I-I've never been to a p-place that is so big."
Willow shook her head. Her mind finally processing what the girl had said. "Me either." She smiled. The girl still stared at the ground. "My name's Willow." She held out her hand to the gorgeous blonde.
Finally, she looked up. "I-I'm Tara." When their hands met, there was this spark, like static electricity, but yet different. Both quickly pulled their hands away. "A-are you on a t-tour too?"
Willow nodded. "Yeah. I'm from California. I love the computer program they have here, but I'm not sure if I could ever get used to the weather."
Tara finally smiled. "I-it's not that bad. You get used to it after a l-little while."
"I guess." Willow shrugged. "So, are you really thinking about coming here? Me, I'm leaning towards UC-Sunnydale myself."
"UC-Sunnydale? W-where's that?" Tara asked.
"Well, it's in Sunnydale, California, where I'm from." She shrugged. "Not that I wouldn't like to see the world or another state, but I think I'm going to stick close to home. Besides, they let you pretty much build your own classes. It's pretty cool."
"Sounds i-interesting." Tara again looked at the ground. "M-maybe I'll have t-to check it out. T-this school i-is a little too big for m-my taste."
"I know exactly what you mean." Willow smiled. "Gee, it was really nice meeting you. And I was worried I wouldn't meet anybody cool."
"I-I'm n-not cool." Tara looked up and shook her head. Her hair kept brushing across her face as she did.
Willow thought she looked so cute as she tried to deny her coolness. This girl was just so cute, period. It was like they were supposed to have met a long time ago. That they belonged together. "Listen, I know we just met, but would you like to exchange like addresses, both standard and electronic?"
"Electronic?" Tara asked with a puzzled look.
"You know," Willow smiled. "E-mail. It's my little joke I always use that nobody ever gets but me because I'm like the biggest computer nerd that ever lived and I'm one of the most boring and dullest people that ever was born."
Tara let out a small chuckle. It was like music to Willow's ears. "That was funny. I don't have a c-computer r-right now. And I-I'll be m-moving to a dorm this fall." Willow's face got a little sad. "But, i-if you w-want, y-you could still g-give me yours. O-once I'm s-settled s-somewhere, I'll be s-sure to give you my addresses. B-both standard and e-electric."
Willow's face brightened. "That works. I'm mean, if you really want. Like I said before, you're just cool. There's something about you." Willow looked at her watch. "Darn, I'm late for my next tour." She looked at Tara's pretty face. "I hope we can at least write to one another. It would be even cooler if we actually see each other again."
"I'd like that." Tara held tightly the paper on which Willow had written her addresses. "I-I will write t-to you. I p-promise." Tara watched as Willow followed the path to the library. 'She's so cool. And I wonder what that spark was about when our hands touched.' She shrugged at the thought. Before she had come to The University of Michigan, she had been thinking about going to a college in Canada. The farther away from Pennsylvania the better.
She continued to stare after Willow, even though she was long gone. 'Maybe it was fate that I met her. Maybe something is telling me California is the place to be. If I did go, at least I wouldn't be alone. I'd possibly have a friend waiting for me.' She shook her head. 'She'll probably forget about me in two seconds. I'll always remember her, even if we never meet again.'
Willow was now in a tour of the library. It was so boring, which was weird. She usually loved libraries and all the books they had to offer. But her mind kept wandering to a certain blonde. Definitely not Buffy. This new girl that she would probably never hear from again. After all, she had no way of contacting her. Like Tara would ever write to her.
Her eyes widened in realization of something. She was worried that Tara wouldn't write to her, not just because she was cool. It was because she was so attracted to her. 'Well, that answer that other question I had burning. I've decided on a college, now I have to breakup with Oz. I wonder if Buffy will understand when I tell her why. If I tell her. Darn! Yet another choice I have to make.'
Sign up to rate and review this story