Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

4

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 1063 words

0Unrated
Willow still couldn't believe that they had blown up the school. She was standing, looking at the burnt remains. It was weird seeing it like this. It kinda made her think about her relationship with Oz. She had yet to tell him that she wanted to breakup. Her mind also wandered to a certain blonde that she was sure she would never hear from again.
There had been zero kissage since she had gotten back from her trip to The University of Michigan. Oz and Dingoes were getting more and more gigs and most away from Sunnydale. There never seemed to be a good time for her to tell him how she felt.
She had decided to go to UC-Sunnydale. It only made sense. She could learn about her new witchcraft and the wiccan way. And she could continue to help Buffy with the fight.
Buffy. It was sad how Angel had left. Willow watched Buffy putting on a brave front for the others. But as her best friend, she knew what it was really like for her. And Buffy being the good person she is, she made time for Willow and her deal with Oz. Buffy was the only one that knew that Willow was going to breakup with Oz.
Willow saw the headlights coming down the street. Once they got close enough, she could tell it was his van. She started breathing heavily. 'Gotta breathe. Gotta calm down.' Her breathing turned almost into hyperventilation. Before Oz could stop and park, she made her way over to the stone bench they had all sat on after the school had been blown up.
Oz slowly walked over to her. She watched him coming. It was as if he knew what was coming. He really didn't want to face her. 'Oh, God,' she thought. 'I can't do this to him. He's been so great. And I really do still love him. What am I going to do?'
"Hey." Oz came up and sat beside Willow. Her breathing was still a little too fast. "Are you all right?"
"Uh, yeah." She looked deep into his eyes. But she turned her head. She just couldn't look him in the eye when she said what she had to. She took a very deep breath. She started to say, 'I think we should breakup when..'
"Willow." She turned to face him again. "I think we both know why we're here."
"What?" Willow looked all worried. Could he really tell that she was going to breakup with him, or was it something else. "You know why I wanted to talk?"
Oz did one of his half smiles. A rarity. It broke her heart to see the look on his face. "It's O.K. I've felt the same for a while now. I just didn't want to say it. I still love you."
"I love you too, Oz." Tears started to form in her eyes. "But there just hasn't been any sparkage. Not for quite a little while. We haven't spent any time together, except for doing research for the big battle. And even then, we were really distant. I.." The tears started to fall. "I think it is best if we do breakup. We can maybe find somebody that we have sparkage with again."
Oz sighed. "I think you're right." He took her hand in his. "You'll always be my first real love. I hope you know that." He stood, and started walking towards his van.
"Oz." He turned to face her. "You were my first real love, too. I just wanted you to know that." He actually smiled before he turned quickly towards his van. She watched him until she couldn't see his taillights.
Classes were going to start in two weeks. Willow, even though she knew she had done the right thing, had pretty much been depressed since she broke up with Oz. She pretty much was walking around in a daze.
She still had so many choices to make. Buffy only knew that she and Oz had drifted apart. She didn't know the other reason for the breakup. Willow was still dreading that conversation. Most people were a little shocked, but most accepted. After all, just because she had realized she was gay, didn't mean that she was a different person.
Willow sat in her bedroom, alone. It was how she spent most of her nights. Xander was off doing his road trip thing and Buffy was busy doing the slaying thing. She just wished she had someone to talk to.
Her mother yelled up to her. She quickly walked down the stairs. Her mother handed her an envelope. "It came yesterday for you. I forgot to give it to you. Sorry, Sweetie."
Willow stared at the envelope. It had no return address. It was postmarked out of Las Vegas, Nevada. She really didn't know anyone there. No relatives, and definitely no friends. She ran back upstairs and tore it open. She had suddenly gotten this weird feeling that it was from her.
Dear Willow, I finally got the courage to write you. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about college, yet. As soon as I do, I'll send you my address. I really enjoyed our brief time together. That sounds weird, seeing we only talked for about five minutes. I just felt that there was something special about you. I hope to meet you some day again. If not, we can write back and forth. I don't want to lose you. You seem like a good person. Those are so hard to find these days. Hope you are doing well. I really miss you. Tara
Willow's heart soared as she read the few words Tara had written her. She read the letter over and over again. 'She thinks I'm special. She misses me?' Willow let all this sink in. 'I've missed her too. I think.' She shook her head. 'How could I? I don't even really know her.' Instantly, she knew. 'I am, aren't I?' She smiled to herself at the thought. But it also hurt. She was sure she would never see this girl again. 'One thing is for sure. There's no turning back. I better have that talk with Buffy.'
She picked up the phone. Buffy answered. "You busy Buffy 'cause I got something huge to talk to you about."
Sign up to rate and review this story