Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

7

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 1168 words

0Unrated
Willow's heart was beating faster than she could remember it ever beating. Buffy kept looking at her funny. It was Thursday and closing in on the appointed time that she and Tara were supposed to meet. They had that wicca meeting to go to.
Willow jumped at the sound of Buffy's voice. "Will, you've got to calm down. Why are you so hyper all of a sudden?"
A smile crept across the red head's face. "Because she's coming and you're going to meet her for the first time and I hope you like her because if you don't it will really be of the bad if my best friend doesn't like my girlfriend.." She stopped her babbling at the last word.
Buffy raised her eyebrows. "Did I miss something? Did you talk to her and tell her how you feel?" She was getting excited for her best friend. Willow looked away from Buffy's gaze. "Or was that just a little wishful thinking on your part?"
A huge sigh escaped the wiccan. "It was only wishful thinking. I so want her in my life. It's hard to imagine her not being in my life. But can I handle just being friends if that's all she wants."
The slayer shook her head. "You have so got it bad. This is worse than when you and Oz first tried getting together." Buffy shook her head. "Not to add to your already growing list of concerns, but what about the other things in your life. You gonna tell her what you do sometimes at night for fun?"
Willow snapped her head up and looked at Buffy with an almost mark question on her face. Than it dawned her and a sad smile crept on to her face. "You mean, the slayer stuff." Buffy nodded. "That one is sorta easy. I mean, not to explain and believe, but I want her safe. If she knows the things that go bump in the night are real, than she can at least be a little prepared."
Buffy smiled. "I think it's for the best. Even if you're just gonna be friends, that could put her in danger. More than the unsuspecting danger of the everyday."
Willow literally jumped up when there was a soft knock on the door. She smiled sheepishly. "That's probably her." She walked over and opened the door. Indeed, the blonde goddess was standing there with her head slightly bowed as always. And looking more beautiful than ever. "Tara! Come in."
Willow stepped back and let her fellow wiccan in. "I-I hope I'm n-not too early." She stopped when she saw Buffy smiling at her. "Y-you have o-other plans. I-I'll go." She quickly turned to leave but Willow gently grabbed her arm.
"Tara, this is my roommate and best friend, Buffy." Willow smiled as a look of relief shown on Tara's face. 'There still might be a chance. Oh, goddess, please let there still be a chance'.
"Hey, Tara. Nice to finally meet you. Willow says some really nice things about you. In fact, she can't stop talking about you." Buffy held out her hand as Willow shot her a look. Tara slowly took it. "I've got a class in a few. Why don't I let you two hang out before the big meeting." She walked to the door. Tara was staring at the floor. Buffy mouth, "she's really shy. But I like her. Tell her. Tell her everything."
Willow began blushing a little as Buffy shut the door. "We've still got a few minutes before we have to leave. Do you want anything to drink?" Her mind was busy trying to figure out what exactly she should tell the other woman. All these things she wanted to say, but just wouldn't come out.
"N-no thank you." Tara finally looked up. She could tell that Willow was a little uncomfortable. Was it her? Was she the reason that Willow seemed to not want to be here? And her cheeks were the cutest shade of pink.
Willow took a deep breath. "I think there's something we need to talk about."
Tara's head jerked up. "Y-you d-don't want to be friends. I-I understand." Again, she headed for the door.
This time, Willow came and stood between the blonde and the door. "You don't understand." She swallowed hard. This was the scariest thing she ever had to do. She'd faced vampires, demons, a giant snake, and this was the scariest of all. With one little word, the other woman could shatter her whole world. But it was time. It was long over due. No other person had gotten to her like this woman had and as quickly. Willow tried to keep her eyes on the other wiccan's but it was proving difficult. "I..."
Tara stepped closer. Her breathing picked up noticeably. Her mind was cluttered with thoughts that the red head was trying to tell her that she was interested in her more than friendship. That she was in love with her just like she was her. That was just too much to hope for. "W-what is it t-that I d-don't understand." Braver than she had ever been, Tara took Willow's hand in her own.
Willow couldn't help but smile. That was the sign that she had needed. It was as if the other woman was reading her mind. That she needed this little prod to be able to tell her what she so wanted to tell her. "I know it's only been like a week since we've really known each her not counting that visit to U of M and all but I can't help but feel the way I feel." Tara's blue eyes were sparkling at her. It gave her the final push to say the words she had longed to say for so long. "I'm in love with you." Willow turned her head away. She couldn't bare to see the look if she had been reading the other woman wrong.
Tara's gentle touch on her face made Willow turn towards the blonde. There was that shy smile that she loved so much. "I'm in love with you, too."
With those simple words, Willow's heart did a dance. Her smile was so huge, it was almost blinding. Before she knew what she was doing, she had pulled the blonde into a tight embrace. There lips were touching. Exploring one another. It was like she had been so thirsty and the only way to quench that thirst was to keep drinking Tara in.
Finally, they broke the embrace. Both their breathing was a little ragged. Both of their cheeks were quite flushed. They just stood staring at each other, holding hands.
It was Tara that finally spoke first. "A-are w-we still going to the m-meeting?" She took her right hand and stroked Willow's left cheek.
Willow quickly shook her head. "Now that I've finally got you, I'm not sharing you with anybody. Not for a little while." Willow swooped in for another long kiss.
Sign up to rate and review this story