Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

8

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 1134 words

0Unrated
Willow's heart was soaring. Not only had she finally gotten the girl of her dreams, she was now on her way meet for their first date. The choice had been scary as to confess her feelings for Tara. But it had all worked out. And now she had a girlfriend. A magically inclined girlfriend. Buffy was excited for her. Xander hadn't returned from his road trip, Giles hadn't been told, and than, there was her parents.
That thought made Willow's heart stop for a moment. That would be the next tough decision, now wouldn't it. Would she or wouldn't she introduce her new girlfriend to them. It's not like they had ever really taken an interest in her life before. Only the one time when her mom almost burned her at the stake. And what about Tara's family? Did they know? And where did she come from?
It was at that moment that Willow realized how little the two knew about each other. She still felt that the two of them were always meant to be and that she loved her more than life itself. Nothing could happen to change that fact. At least, nothing she could think of.
A sudden thought scared Willow more than anything. In all the excitement of finally finding one another and the prospect of their first date, she had forgotten to warn Tara about the dangers of life. The life she lead along with the slayer. Her paced quickened considerably as she had some sensation that the blonde was in trouble. Her world was in danger.
Sure enough, right outside Tara's front door, Willow came upon a very scary and disturbing scene. A familiar bleach blonde figure had a hold of her precious blonde. Willow began running for the two figures. Her mind was racing with what spell she could use to fend off the evil beast.
Just as the figure was about to bite her everything, Willow grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. His vampiric features didn't change into human. Instead, his face got a leering look on it. Than he smiled an evil smile.
"Red, long time no see!" Spike let go of Tara and started for the red head. "We really must get reacquainted."
Willow moved quickly and stood in front of the blonde. "Stay the hell away from her, Spike!"
"Well, well!" Spike's eyes grew wider. "We've got a new playmate I see. How nice. How pleasant of you. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm going to have a little snack before supper. You can be the dessert."
Tara grabbed Willow's hand. Both felt this instant energy flow between them. Their minds worked as one. Before either knew what was going on, they had their free hand raised. Both began chanting. "Goddess, please grant us safe passage. Allow not this unclean thing to follow."
Spike stared at the two for a moment. "Well, now. You've gone and gotten more powerful, haven't you Red." He took one step towards the two joined witches and was instantly thrown back four feet. Quickly, he made it to his feet. "All, right! That's cheating. You two are some kind of powerful adversaries." His features slowly turned back to human. "This makes things a little more interesting. The dance with Buffy was getting boring. With you two in the mix, it will be oh so exciting. Be seein ya."
Both watched as Spike faded into the shadows. Willow pulled on Tara's hand and made her follow her into her dorm room. The little twinkling of the lights that Tara had hung around the room was the only light in the room.
Willow could feel that Tara was shaking. She gently guided her to the bed and made her lie down. Suddenly, she realized she was shaking too. Not because she was afraid for herself, but because she could have very easily lost the new woman in her life. It was not a feeling she liked very well.
"Tara, baby, are you all right?" Willow gently kissed her forehead. When Tara didn't answer, Willow got into bed with her. "I'm so sorry. I was so stupid. I should have warned you about what could happen if you were to hang around me and my friends."
That snapped Tara out of her trance. "Y-you knew t-that v-vampires are real?" Her voice was so weak that it nearly broke Willow's heart.
"I really should have told you, but we happened so fast and I was so excited that you felt the same way that I did and I didn't want to scare you because I was still afraid and am still afraid of losing you." She sighed heavily. "There's no good excuse. I can just tell you now, so that next time you might just be a little prepared."
"N-next time?" Tara sat up and looked down at Willow. "Y-you m-mean there's going to be a n-next time?"
"That's what I said when I first found out that vampires are real." She propped herself up on one elbow. "There will always be a next time. The easiest way to explain is to say that everything you feared is real, is real." She shrugged. "But there is some good. Buffy."
Tara raised her eyebrows. "T-that vampire. H-he mentioned B-Buffy too. What's s-so special about her?"
"There is one girl in all the world that is chosen to fight vampires and demons. She's called a slayer." Willow watched Tara carefully. "That would be my best friend. And that vampire, Spike, well, we've had run ins with him before."
"This is all s-so s-strange." Tara did a half smile. "B-but it d-does explain a lot." She stared into Willow's green eyes for a long time. "T-this is some f-first d-date."
Willow couldn't help but laugh. "I'm sorry. I was so looking forward to going to the bronze with you. We could be dancing together now. Instead, I'm having to explain that there are baddies in the world. And how we have to look forward to facing them every day."
Tara took Willow's into hers. "W-we can s-still dance together, i-if you want."
Both girls stood up. Tara went over to the little CD player she had. Soft, slow music began playing. She came over to Willow and took her into her arms. They danced for a long time. They were so into holding one another, Willow forgot about all the questions that had been running through her mind and that she really should call Buffy and Giles to tell them about Spike. Her girl was safe, and now she knew the score. Willow inhaled the flowery scent of Tara's hair and sighed. If only every day could begin and end like this. And there was another choice. So many choices to face.
Sign up to rate and review this story