Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

9

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 1267 words

0Unrated
Willow and Tara walked hand and hand in the bright sunlight. After what had happened the night before, the sunlight felt so good to Willow. Not that she hadn't enjoyed their alone time. It had been wonderful. But they still really hadn't talked much. That was something she was going to have to do something about. Another choice rearing its ugly head.
And speaking of choices, she had called Giles and Buffy to let them know about Spike being back in town. She had also found out from Buffy that Xander was back. He was going to be at the Scooby meeting that they were now on their way to. It would be weird, but she would have to tell her other best friend and her mentor. Tara was a part of her life. Hopefully for the rest of their lives, part of her life.
"W-what exactly is a S-Scooby meeting?" Tara's blonde hair glowed in the morning sunlight. Her blue eyes twinkled and it made Willow's breath catch slightly.
Willow took a deep breath to get herself centered. Being close to Tara sometimes made her mind wander. "We get together and discuss whatever bad guy activity there is. Remember, I told you that Giles used to be Buffy's watcher. He still helps her fight the forces of evil. Just like Xander and I do. I just wish I was more powerful in the witchy area. It could come in real handy if the right baddie were to come along."
Tara squeezed Willow's hand. "Y-you are v-very powerful." Her radiant smile made Willow's heart skip a beat. "I f-felt it t-the first time w-we shook hands. Y-you j-just don't know h-how powerful."
"I found out one thing last night." Willow smiled at Tara's curious expression. "You like supercharge me or something. You make me even more powerful. I love you for it." She paused her walking and gave her a long kiss.
"Willow, long time no see..." Xander trailed off when he took in the kiss. Both Willow and Tara turned to see Xander with a look of shock on his face. "Uh, Will, have I been gone that long? Is this like some alternate universe I've been brought into 'cause you know its happened before."
"Xander, be nice." Willow took in the cute way Tara's face turned bright red. She did her usual looking down at the ground. "You're not in an alternate universe, but you were gone all summer and I had no way of getting a hold of you and yes this is what it looks like and I'm really happy so be very nice to her or I'll get a little cranky." Willow could feel her own face turning a nice shade of red. It wasn't because she was embarrassed by her relationship with Tara, it was because of her nervous rambling.
Xander held up both his hands. "Sorry, Will." His face turned back to the loveable one that she had once had a crush on for so long. "But you gotta admit, you and me having a thing for the ladies is kinda, well, surprising at the very least. Is this why the meeting of the Scoobs was called?"
Willow smacked Xander's arm. "Xander, this is Tara. And she is part of the reason that I had Giles call the meeting. I'll explain when we get inside." Xander shrugged and all three went inside Giles' apartment. Buffy was already sitting on the couch.
Giles looked up from the desk table and said, "Willow, just the one I was looking for." He stopped when he saw Tara. "Oh, hello." He smiled in his Giles way.
"Giles, Xander, this is Tara." Willow beamed proudly to be introducing her girlfriend to everyone. "I told you Spike was back in town." Giles nodded. His eyes wouldn't leave the blonde girl. "Tara and I were going on our first date when..."
"Date?" Both Giles and Xander said at the same time. Buffy laughed from her sitting position on the couch.
"Yes, date." Willow's face began to blush again. "The short of it is, Tara and I met at U of M. I didn't think I'd see her again. Yay! She did. We've started seeing each other. Any problems with that?" Willow's resolve face began showing.
"That's perfectly fine." Giles smiled at her. "It would just have been nice if you'd told me before."
"Yeah, Will, ya kinda sprung it on us." Xander noticed how Tara kept her eyes on the floor. The Scooby in him wonder if she were hiding something or if she was just painfully shy. Living on the hellmouth, one never knew. He'd have to have a talk with his best friend later. He turned to Buffy. "And you seem to be enjoying all of this. Did you know?"
"Well, yeah." Buffy shrugged at both Giles and Xander's glares. "Well, hello! Roommates. Best friends. Living in the same space, it's kinda hard to hide things."
"Like the fact that Buffy has a new boyfriend." Willow smiled at Buffy's look. She knew it would get the attention off from Tara. Tara's face was so bright red, Willow was worried she was going to pass out or something.
"Thanks, best friend." Buffy sighed, knowing she'd have to spill. "I don't know if you'd call him my boyfriend, but I have had some interesting talks with a guy named Riley Finn. I'm just taking my time, and not rushing into anything."
Xander shook his head. "Geez! A guy goes away for a few months and everything changes. Remind me never to leave again. I may just come home to a hole in the ground."
Even Giles laughed a little. "All right. Now that we've all apparently caught up on the changes that everyone's been through this summer, I really do need to speak with Willow. I think I know why Spike has returned. He's looking for the Gem of Amara. It is said to make any vampire that wears it impervious." At the look Xander shot him, he continued. "The vampire could not be killed."
"Why do you need me?" Willow looked all concern. And what was now becoming a natural habit for her, she took Tara's hand in her own. She always drew strength and comfort from their contact.
"I believe I need a locator spell to find it." Giles shrugged. "And I do believe that a spell to destroy the gem may be inevitable."
"A spell?" Willow smiled in eager anticipation. She turned toward Tara. "That means you and I get to do some good guy stuff and work the magicks."
Giles raised an eyebrow. "Tara is also a witch?"
"She's very powerful. And she knows things I don't. She's gonna teach me a lot of things." Willow again smiled in anticipation. She just wasn't sure if it was because of the spells or spending time with Tara.
"Two women doing spells." Xander got a dreamy look on his face. "That's something I'd like to see."
Everyone in unison, except Tara, shouted, "Xander!"
He just shrugged. "Well, a powerful ally. That would be a pleasant surprise for once." Giles smiled at the blonde.
Willow almost started bouncing up and down. "Spike said something about the two of us together. I mean, me and Tara. What do you think he meant by that?"
Giles suddenly looked grave as he remembered something about the Gem of Amara. "I'm afraid that the two of you together at the moment could be very dangerous. I may have to ask that you two stop seeing each other for a while."
Sign up to rate and review this story