Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

14

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2273 words

0Unrated
"What do you mean, there's nothing the matter." Xander was getting out of breath trying to keep up with Buffy. "You said that you had a bad feeling about Willow. But the message she left didn't say anything was wrong?"
Buffy shook her head. She was trying to see her friend in the mass that was The Bronze. The bad was playing loudly, making it difficult for her to hear what Xander was saying. "Did Willow call you? Did Giles?" She had to yell to be heard.
"Neither." Xander scanned the crowd. "She's not here. If you're still worried about her, we better see if we can find her somewhere else." Xander's last words shouted into the silence as the band finished their song. Most of the crowd turned to stare at the two. "Sorry."
"Let's get out of here. My slayer senses are really tingling right now." She sighed heavily. "I wish Giles had been home. I left him a message to meet us here. I'm thinking that Spike is somehow involved in this." They quickly made their way to the exit. "I really think we're going to need backup." She looked around as they got outside. They heard a clunky sounding motor from the alleyway. "That so has to be Giles."
Both took off towards the sound. Before they could make it to the alleyway, a gray Citron slowly came around the corner. It stopped beside Buffy and Xander. "Get in. If you think Willow is truly in danger, it might very well be faster if we use my mode of transportation."
Buffy raised her eyebrows. "Are you sure about that?" He simply glared at her as she got in the passenger seat. "Sorry. But my slayer senses are saying that we really need to move. And now. So don't spare the gas."
Xander was about to shut the door when a familiar brown haired woman put her hand on the door. "Anya?" He shook his head. "What are you doing here? No time for an answer now. We'll talk later." He slammed the door on her.
"Harris! Wait!" Anya stood and glared as the Citron pulled out of sight. "Well, that went just peachy. Now how am I supposed to tell him that I think we mesh." She sighed heavily. "Oh, well. I might as well enjoy the band. Or make fun of them. Whichever the case may be." She turned and went into The Bronze.

"Tara." Willow felt her hand being squeezed in response. "It's going to be all right. I'll protect you, I promise." She leaned in. "I love you." She whispered it softly, making the blonde blush beautifully.
"Well, now. Look at the two love birds." Spike grinned through his demonic features. "Isn't love grand. I've always had fun when I was in love."
"Being in love with an insane vampire doesn't count." Willow stood tall. "It's a sick thing. Especially when you can't take no for an answer and you nearly kill me and Xander just to get a love spell so that you can make her love you." She could hear Spike growl. "And what was it Buffy said, you were going to be a man and make her love you? Well, we see how well that worked out for you. You're now with Harmony. What'd you do, lose a bet?"
Spike growled even deeper. "Hey!" Harmony shouted from behind him. "Tell her, Blondie Bear. This is love. Real love. Not like what you had with Drusilla. We are meant to be together."
Spike whirled around and glared and Harmony. "Do shut up. That's not what's important." He turned back to face Willow and Tara. "She's just trying to bide time. She probably thinks her friend, the slayer is out looking for her." He shook his head. "I know for a fact that you couldn't get a hold of her or Giles. Thanks to Kira."
Kira smiled. "Any time, boss." She sauntered towards the pair. "You two really ought to be more careful who you invite in. I was kinda hoping, if we don't have to kill you, that we could try a three way some time. That would be just loads of fun."
"I-in your d-dreams." Everyone turned to stare at Tara. The one that was always quiet and shy. "T-the only one I-I'm ever going to b-be with is W-Willow." Her cheeks reddened even more.
"Don't you mean again?" Kira smiled. "Or didn't you tell her about those long winter nights we spent back in Philadelphia. We sure could keep each other warm."
Willow straightened at the words. She hadn't even known where Tara had come from until now. But instead of getting angry, she only smiled more. "Even if I believed you, which I don't, it wouldn't matter. She's with me now. And the two of us are going to be together, forever."
"I could see to that, you know." Kira smiled. "Think of all the fun that the three of us could have. We'd have an eternity to explore all the possibilities."
"Enough of this nonsense." Spike took several steps towards the duo. "We've only got two more days to find this Gem and to activate it. Or it's going to be too late. Let's focus people." He pointed to two of his lackeys. "You two, grab them and take them back to the cave. And make sure that they don't escape."
"Sure thing." Two male vampires made their way towards Willow and Tara. Willow squeezed her hand and Tara threw her bottle of holy water at the closest one. He instantly began sizzling and smoking. The next one charged faster. As he was about to grab Willow, she held out her stake. She managed to find his heart.
"Oh, bloody hell." Spike shook his head. "Can't anyone around here seem to do anything right the first time?" He sighed heavily. "Looks like I'll just have to do this myself."
Willow whispered in Tara's ear again. "To grant us safe passage, we implore the stars. To grant us wisdom, we implore the sun. Like the ocean is to the sea, let the wind be to the air."
A strong wind began blowing. Spike glared at the two withes. "Am I going to have to gag you two as well." He was nearly knocked to the ground as a burst of wind came at his back. He looked to see that Willow and Tara were standing in a calm, like the eye of a tornado. "Oh this is just bloody brilliant. Get them and the spell will be ended." All the vampires, except Spike and Harmony tried, with all their might to get to the two witches. Every time one of them made a little progress, another strong breeze would blow them back down.
It wasn't long, though, before the wind wasn't quite as strong as it had been. Finally, the wind was nothing. They were standing in an empty alley again. Spike looked at his minions. "What are you bloody well waiting for?"
As two of the minions attacked, a bolt of what looked like electricity hit them, knocking them to the ground. They shook for several seconds before finally just lying still. Out of the shadows of the alley came several figures dressed in army fatigues and they had on ski masks as well. There were at least eight that Willow could see.
"Who the hell are you?" Spike looked at the soldiers surrounding him. "And what kind of toy is it that you've got there. Something that makes a vampire go down."
A familiar male voice rang out. "You can find out for yourself, if you like." Willow turned to stare at the figure that had spoken. She knew she knew the voice, but couldn't place it. Not that it really mattered at the moment. These guys were currently saving her life and more importantly, Tara's.
Before Spike could answer, the army guys blasted three more of his minions. Two of the men came and staked the five vampires. "Oh, bloody hell! First that damn slayer shows up and ruins my plans. Now it's these rejects from a bloody war movie." He took off running to the open end of the alleyway.
"Wait up, Blondie Bear." Harmony wasn't far behind.
"Are you all right, miss?" There was that familiar voice again. "You should be safe now."
"Who are you guys?" Willow stared, trying to find anything that would give her a clue about the identity of the masked figures. "And not to sound all ungrateful, but do you guys just go around saving people all the time like this?"
"Sorry, miss, but we can't divulge that information." He turned towards his men. "Any other hostiles out there?" The figure that he asked only shook his head. "Let's do another sweep and than we can call it a night." He turned back towards Willow and Tara. "You get home safe."
Before either could respond, the army guys returned to the shadows from which they had come. "O.K., that was just plain weird." Willow turned to look at Tara's face, which was really pale. "Are yo all right, Sweetie?" She put her hand gently on Tara's right cheek. "You don't look like you're feeling so good. Was it the danger, or was it Kira?"
Tara's eyes widened at the name. "K-Kira. S-she's a vampire n-now." She shuddered as she said the word. "A-and I k-knew her. W-we were s-so close."
"Exactly how close." Tara got a hurt look in her eye. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to tease you, lighten the mood. Wrong thing to say." Willow sighed heavily. "But I kinda know how you feel. When Buffy first came to town, my friend Jesse ended up being turned into a vampire. Xander accidentally sorta staked him. It was hard thinking of him that way." She shrugged. "So I sorta know what you might sorta be going through."
Tara smiled at Willow's sorta rambling. "T-thank you." She leaned her head on Willow's shoulder. They stood, holding each other for a few minutes. Until they heard the clunky sounding motor coming from the road.
"That has got to be Giles' car." She laughed softly. "No other car makes a sound like that one." Sure enough, the gray Citron rolled to a stop. She watched Buffy leap from the car and run towards the two.
"You guys all right?" She took in how pale Tara was. "Is she gonna be O.K.?" Willow smiled softly. "Let's get you two back to the dorms. And this time, no leaving without an escort."
"Sure thing." Tara kept her head leaned on Willow as they slowly walked to the car. "Some weird things happened tonight." Buffy eyed her best friend. "I want Giles to hear what I have to say." They made it to the car. Willow sat in back with Tara leaning her head on her shoulder. Buffy sat in the back with them. Xander sat in front.
"So you're saying that Spike says that there is a two day deadline." Giles' smiled as Willow responded with a uh-huh. "Well, that means that we've only two more days to keep you two safe. And what exactly was it about these army guys?"
"That's the thing." Willow sighed. "I'm not sure. They had these guns, but they weren't guns. They were more like blasters. They shot, what I would say is electricity at the vamps. The vamps went down and stayed down, until the staked them. The leader's voice sounded familiar. But I can't quite place it. A lot was going on at the time. It was just really weird."
"I should say so." Giles nodded his head in thought. "Is there anything else that you can tell me about tonight?"
"I'm not sure." She smiled big. "I really think that Tara and I are pretty powerful together. We did a spell that I had been tinkering with for a little while. Before, I could get just this gentle breeze going. But when we said it together, it was like a tornado or something. It was cool. We were like the calm in the center of a tornado. I've never been able to do anything like that before. Isn't that great, Giles?"
"Or perhaps the prophecy of two powerful witches will surely come to pass." Giles sighed heavily.
"What prophecy?" Willow's voice took on an edge of concern, excitement, and anger all at once. She was concerned about what bad things could happen. Excited that she could possibly be part of a huge power, and angry that no one had told her. "Since when don't I get in on all the scooby information?"
"That was my call, Will." Willow turned to look at her best friend. "We found out just before we saved you and Tara from Spike. You were so excited to be spending some time together again, I told Giles that we should just wait until tomorrow to tell you. It was my bad. We should have told you. I'm sorry."
Willow's voice still was a little annoyed. "Well, we're here now. Care to share what this doom is all about?" She took in Buffy's expression. "Or don't we want to know."
Buffy shrugged. "It just tells of two powerful witches being called upon by a vampire to activate the Gem of Amara. When this happens, it will bring eternal darkness to the earth. And that will cause all the beings to slowly die."
Now Willow's face paled considerably. "So it was one of those that we really didn't want to know."
Sign up to rate and review this story