Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

17

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2015 words

0Unrated
Willow could feel the fear in Tara's hand. It was trembling in her tight grasp. She sighed heavily. This was a moment she had both looked forward to and dreaded at the same time. It was one that both of them had feared. But after their encounter with Spike, each knew that the other was stronger with the other's presence. And they could face anything together.
The door suddenly opened. Standing in front of them was a red headed woman. "Hey, Mom." Willow smiled and waved with her free hand. Sheila Rosenberg simply stepped aside and let her daughter and the unfamiliar blonde in. "Dad is here, right?"
Sheila nodded her head. "We've been waiting for you. You said that you had something you wished to share with us. Is this about school. We received a notice in the mail that you had missed a couple classes. Is everything all right? You're not back with that boy are you? You know how I feel about you dating a guitarist. You could do so much better."
Willow simply waited for her mom's tirade to end. She knew that she had to get it out of her system before she would really listen to what she had to say. It had always been like this. Her feelings came last. They hadn't even known that she was dating Oz until she had gotten mad and spilled. It was all about the analyzing and the age groups and the studies. It was never about just her. And the fact that she had some news that could potentially be shocking.
"Is Dad in the living room?" Sheila nodded and led the way. Ira Rosenberg was sitting in a lazy boy, reading what looked like a research paper. Which was normally what he was doing. 'One of many he's probably trying to published'. Willow sighed. She really wanted her parents to meet her girlfriend, but she knew that this was not going to be easy. They had never taken a real interest in her life. Why should they start now. She took a really deep breath before she started. "Mom, Dad, I really want you to meet Tara." Sheila began to hold out her hand. "She's my girlfriend."
Sheila quickly pulled her hand back. Ira bolted up right in his chair. "Willow, you certainly don't mean girlfriend as in girlfriend." Sheila shook her head. Ira simply stared at Tara, making her face turn a bright shade of red.
"Yes, I do mean girlfriend, as in the woman that I fell in love with." She took another a deep breath. "I'm gay." She took Tara's hand in her own, trying to draw some strength. Usually, she always found strength in her fellow wiccans touch. She felt by the end of the evening that she was going to need all the strength she could get.
"Willow, you do realize what you're saying." Sheila began pacing back and forth. "You do realize that less than ten percent of the population is..." She stopped and stared at her daughter. It was as if she were unable to finish her sentence. Like maybe it was painful for her. The look was less than one of approval. "You're just doing this to make a political statement, aren't you?" With the thought, Sheila's face turned into a smile.
"No, Mom." Willow couldn't help but laugh. "Since when have you known me to really get into politics. I'm gay. And I'm in love with Tara. It's a deep love. I can't imagine my life without her. She's my everything." Tara's face reddened even more with every kind word that Willow spoke about her.
Ira finally got out of the chair and stood facing both Willow and Tara. His gaze focused mostly on the blonde witch. "And do you feel the same way, young lady?" His voice was kinder than Willow would have expected.
"Y-yes." Tara took a deep breath before she continued. "I-I love your d-daughter very much." She finally looked up to meet Ira's unrelenting gaze. "S-she's an amazing w-woman. A-and I do hope that w-we stay together. I-I can't imagine my l-live without her in it."
Ira and Sheila stared for a few more minutes. Ira was the first to do anything. He quickly took Tara into his arms and gave her a big hug. "Much better than the musician. Is she Jewish?" Tara shyly shook her head. "Well, that is a little disappointing. But we can overlook that." Willow stood staring with her mouth open. Ira finally noticed the look. "What?"
Willow shrugged finally composing herself. "It's just that you guys really haven't taken that much of an interest in my life, besides the college thing. And even than, it was only to spell out your disappointment that I chose UC-Sunnydale over all the other schools I could have attended." She smiled. "But you're willing to accept me and Tara?"
Sheila shook her head. "Now, Willow." She sighed heavily. "You know that your father and I are busy with our work. We go on many tours and attend many lectures. It's just part of our jobs. That doesn't mean that we don't care about you." She looked at Tara and smiled. "We just want to see you happy, that's all. Isn't that what parents are supposed to do?"
"I guess. Just not exactly expecting it, that's all." Willow hugged her mom and than her dad. "Sorry I haven't been around a lot since college. Been a lot going on." She again took Tara's hand in her own. "That's going to change, if you'd like. I would like you to get to know Tara. She's just so special."
"That would be a good idea." Sheila smiled. "I hate to say it, but tonight is not a good night. Both your father and I have papers due by the end of the week. But, perhaps we can get together this weekend. I'll call you and see if things are a little freer than."
"That's cool." She smiled really big. "Thanks for accepting. It means a lot. I love you both."

Buffy watched as two of the four demons she had been fighting ran off into the woods. She'd already taken care of the other two. 'Not gonna get away that easily'. She took off after them. Before she could get two steps, something ran into her, knocking her to the ground.
When she was able to untangle herself from the bush she had fallen in, she watched as two guys in army fatigues and masks were headed where the demons had gone. She shook her head. 'They so are not ready for dealing with oogly things'. She got to her feet and raced after them.
By the time that she had caught up with them, she saw that the two demons were on the ground. Some of the army guys were tying up the demons. Others looked like they were surveying the surrounding area looking for more. Buffy kept to the shadows and watched them. They waited for an army truck to pull up. They put the demons in the back and got in. She tried keeping up with the truck, but it wasn't long before she lost them.
She stared after the army truck. There was something that just didn't vibe about them. There was that darn slayer thing going on. She shook her head. There was nothing more she could do about it tonight. She would have to report what she had found out to Giles in the morning.
Buffy returned to where she had left her slayer bag. As she was packing her things, her thoughts ended up on Willow. Willow was springing the big news on her parents. She so hoped that her parents wouldn't have major wiggins. Thinking for a moment, she probably should tell her own mother. Not that they were at her house much anymore, but her mom would still find out eventually. Tara wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. Which was cool. As long as she wasn't hiding anything.

"Well, that went a lot better than I expected." Willow and Tara were now on their way back to Tara's dorm room. "Mom and Dad really can be good people. But don't expect too much. I know that Mom offered to spend some time together, but that usually ends up with them having a paper or a sudden lecture or a class they want to help out with. I'm just glad they know and are basically cool with you and me."
"Me, too." Tara smiled that shy smile that Willow so loved. "I hope we do get to spend a little time with them. They seem very nice."
Willow shook her head. "Like I said, don't be expecting too much. It's just nice that they know. What about your dad? I assume since you had a girlfriend before that he knows you're gay."
Tara stopped walking. "H-he doesn't k-know." Willow started to say something. "A-about my f-father." Tara sighed heavily. "Mom knew, before she d-died. She was so..." She searched for the right word. "U-understanding. But D-dad doesn't know. A-and I don't want him to."
A questioning look came across Willow's face. "Is there something I should know? I mean, you don't have any contact with your dad. And now you say that you don't want to. Was your life with him of the not good." Tara simply nodded. "I'm sorry baby. I wish you would have told me." She could see the tears forming in Tara's eyes. "We don't have to talk about it. Not unless you want to. I just hope that someday you'll trust me enough to share everything with me."
"I-it's not that I d-don't trust you." Tara sighed. "I t-trust you with my l-life. I-it's just s-so painful. It hurts t-to even think about."
"Well, I don't want my girl in any type of pain." She pulled Tara into a tight embrace. She kissed her lips oh so tenderly. "In fact..." She trailed off. They were only a few feet from Tara's dorm room. "Come with me." Tara looked at her with a look of curiosity. "Come with me, baby."
Tara followed willingly. When they got to her door, Willow stood back and let Tara open it. She gasped at what she saw. The bed was covered in white and pink rose petals. There were several candles already lit surrounding the bed and on the floor. There was soft music playing in the background. "How?"
Willow smiled big. "Well, I figured it wouldn't take too long at Mom and Dad's so I knew about the time we'd get back. And since I didn't get to show you how special you are after we took care of The Gem of Amara 'cause of Spike getting away and everything, I really wanted us to have this special time that I so wanted us to have than."
Tara smiled big. She pulled Willow into a hug. "I can't believe you did this all by yourself."
Willow pulled back a little. "I didn't." Tara looked at her with a look of surprise. "Xander helped me set this all up. He knew how much it meant to me to surprise you and this was the only way that I could think of."
"You have good friends." Tara smiled before she kissed Willow. "And we have the rest of the night to ourselves?"
Willow smiled big. "We have the night to ourselves." She pulled Tara into a tight embrace. "And I know what I want to do with the whole night we have together."
The two stood kissing for the longest time. Willow kept letting her hands explore the other woman's body. She felt Tara doing the same. It wasn't long before they were on the bed together. They were enjoying each other. Drinking each other in. It had been a long time coming. They had waited for so long. And there was still so much they had to face together. But for tonight, they had each other. And that was what mattered.
Sign up to rate and review this story