Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

18

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2345 words

0Unrated
Spike's eyes fluttered open. The smell was unbearable. It was so antiseptic and hospital like. It really was as if he were in a hospital. The bright whiteness of his surroundings took a lot to get used to. The floor, the ceiling, and the three walls were white. Slowly, he stepped towards where the fourth wall or a door should be. He tried looking to one side, but got a little too close. That's when he felt the strong surge of electricity. "Bloody hell!"
At that moment, a buzzer went off. Through a little opening in the ceiling, a packet of what looked like blood fell to the floor. He looked out the clear door but could see no one. There was also very little sound. He was simply starving. He wasn't sure how long that he'd been unconscious and in this obvious prison. He began to tear into the bag of blood with his teeth.
A voice came from one of the other cells. "Don't drink it. They drug it, you know."
"And bloody hell who is doing this? And bloody well why?" Spike made his way over to be as close to the strange voice as he could without getting another jolt of electricity. "Don't tell me that this has something to do with the damn slayer. I'll bloody well kill the woman."
"I'm not sure. All I know is that I was running from her." There was a nervous laugh from the cell next door. "The next thing I know, I feel like I've stepped on a power line or something. And I wake up here. Whoever it is, they do experiments on you. I don't really know anything else. I don't even know how long I've been in here."
Spike shook his head. "Well, that's just bloody brilliant, now isn't it." He began pacing in his cell. "Do you think you could get out of here if I can get us out?"
The voice was still very nervous. "Yeah, I could find my way out of her. What do you have in mind?"
Spike smiled large. Spike smiled all evilly. "You just bloody well leave that to me. You just be bloody well ready when I make my move. We'll be out of here in no time. I promise. And I always keep my promises. Like the one that I'm going to see that bitch dead."

It was early morning. Buffy was never up this early. But she had a date. A breakfast date with Riley. It was so weird how they had gotten together. And they were taking things slow. Riley was so old fashioned and such a gentleman. It was really nice for a change to have a nice normal guy in her life. Riley came up to the table she was sitting alone at.
"Is this seat taken?" Buffy smiled in response as he sat across from her. "So, you ready for your big day?"
Buffy scrunched her forehead, trying to remember what her big day was. "Oh! You mean the fact that I get to lead a big ole discussion group." She sighed heavily. "I still think that there could be a better reward for doing well. As I told Willow, cookies are just as good a motivator."
Riley smiled large. "You really are nervous. That's a little strange." Buffy looked questioningly at him. "It just seems to me that you are pretty much always self confidant. Sure of yourself and all."
"But this is different." Buffy shrugged. "This is knowledge stuff. I'm so good at the other stuff. But knowledge stuff?"
"You'll do fine. I'll be there. And so will Willow." He laughed at her worried expression. "You do know this stuff and you'll do great. I promise."
"Well, if you say so." She leaned across the table and gave him a quick kiss.

Willow slowly felt herself waking up. There was this warmth she had her arms wrapped around. Her head was on something so smooth and soft. She smiled brightly as she remembered the very long night she had had. And the woman that she had her arms wrapped around.
"Morning." Tara's beautiful voice broke into the silent room. The blonde began stroking Willow's red hair. Willow leaned up and gave her a proper good morning kiss. "That was some night we had. I can't believe you did all that for me."
"I did it for the both of us." Willow put her hand on her girlfriend's face. "We both needed that. To know that we were together. It seemed like such a long time coming. And everything seemed to be trying to keep us a part and it wasn't fair but now we can do this anytime we want to and goddess that sounds so great 'cause I really love you and really love showing you how much I love you." She finally took a breath. "We both needed this. And I'm glad we could finally show each other our love."
Tara smiled at the ramblings of her girlfriend. "Yes, we did. We needed each other. We will always need each other, no matter what."
Willow looked at the clock and frowned. "I hate to say this, but we don't have that much time to enjoy each other this morning." She sighed heavily. "I've got class in about an hour. It's psyche, and Professor Walsh is less than happy with people that don't show up for class. And Buffy is going to lead a discussion group today in class so I kinda have to be there to support her. I have to be supportive friend." She took the time to kiss the sweet curve of Tara's beautiful neck.
They simply stayed in each others arms for twenty more minutes. "I hate to say this, but one of us has got to go to class." She kissed Willow on the forehead. "We can always meet tonight if nothing comes up with the Spike thing or other bad guy activity." She gently kissed Willow on the lips.
Willow smiled. "I know. I know I should get going, but I just don't want to let you go. Ever." Her eyes brightened at a thought. "We can start that learning control thing. We gotta do that so I don't someday go off the deep end like my dream somehow predicted I would. And that would mean that we could get to spend more time together. That's always of the good. The very good."
Tara smiled back. "Anytime I spend with you is very good. But last night was the most amazing night of my life." Her cheeks blushed before she continued. "A-and I e-expect more n-nights like that."
A little laugh escaped Willow. She noticed how Tara was now only stuttering when she got nervous. "That will be my new mission in life. Giving you all the amazing nights and days you can handle. That, and of course fighting evil." She again kissed Tara tenderly. She slowly rolled out of bed.
Tara grabbed her arm. "I'll hold you to your word."

Willow was having trouble sitting still. She really should be paying attention. After all, this was her best friend's big day. She was leading the discussion group. But the topic was so boring. And her thoughts kept dwelling on the night before. It had been her first time with anyone. Tara's too. It had been so special and so beautiful. It had been the exact thing that she had needed. And they would have many nights to look forward to the same thing. Many, many nights.
Buffy's voice caught her attention. It was raised a little. When she was able to follow the conversation, it was really nothing major. Just getting a little excited about getting her point across. She was about to help Buffy, when Buffy made the exact point she had been thinking about. She smiled proudly at her best friend.
She noticed Riley staring at Buffy with the same kind of pride. Their relationship had been progressing a little faster than she thought. But that could be a good thing. For she knew her best friend was still not totally over Angel. Probably never would be. It was hard to get past your first loves. Even now, with Tara in her life, it would be hard to see Oz again. In her heart, she knew who she would choose. But it wouldn't make things any easier knowing that. She would always love Oz.
Finally, the class ended. She walked over to Buffy who was standing in front of Professor Walsh's desk. She over heard the professor telling her what a good job she had done. Willow couldn't agree more. Than she heard Riley's voice, also telling her of a job well done. The voice made her stop in her tracks. That voice. It couldn't possibly be, could it?
She shook her head and finally came up next to her best friend. "Hey, Buffy. That was excellent. You were amazing. I was going to help you out, but you had everything covered by yourself. Too cool."
"Thanks, Will." The blonde smiled at the compliment. "No offense to the professor or Riley, but it means a lot that you think I handled myself well. You know what I'm like when it comes to the academics."
"Oh, I'd say you were pretty good." Riley's deep voice rang and rang in Willow's ears. That night that Spike had almost captured her and Tara. That night there was a commando squad that all wore masks. That night there was something familiar about the voice that had spoken to her. "Don't you agree?"
Willow's face had paled some. She shook her head, trying to come back to the present, instead of just a few short nights ago. If it were Riley, that would be of the bad. He was hiding something major. But so was Buffy. But if it wasn't him, than she would feel stupid for saying something. She looked up to find both Riley and Buffy staring at her. "Sorry. Got deep in thought. Yeah, I do agree. Very much so. She just never really got the chance to show it until now."
Buffy took in the paler complexion of Willow's face. "Are you all right? You suddenly look a little pale. Nothing wrong with you and Tara, right?"
The smile that came to her face was so bright. "No. We're good. I don't know what happened. I just didn't feel so good for a minute, that's all. But thinking about Tara always makes me feel better. Much better."
A little laugh escaped Buffy. "I can see that by the look on your face. You two are really great together." She raised one eyebrow at her best friend. "Does this mean that I won't be seeing a whole lot of you, roommate."
Willow blushed a little. "Probably not. But mostly because of that little project that the two of us are working on together." At Buffy's confused look. "You know, that English Lit paper that we've been working on. I know sometimes I'm a control freak when it comes to the writing. So it's a good thing that she is patient with me."
Buffy's eyes widened in realization. "Right, that whole control freak issue you have." She turned towards Riley. "She does love the academics and is very good at them. She has a tendency to be a little too in control when she's supposed to be partnering with somebody."
"Well, that's not necessarily a bad thing." There was that voice again. It was the voice from that night. It had to be. But what was she going to do? She really didn't have proof. Only her word. And they didn't know what these commando guys were up to. "Maybe we could work on a project together. Professor Walsh sometimes lets students help the TA's for a little extra credit. There is a project we could work on together, if you want."
Willow stared for a moment. She smiled shyly. "My plate is kinda full right now. Why don't you and Buffy work on the project together. That way, it'll give you two a little alone time. That's part of the reason I'm loving working on the project with Tara so much."
"I hadn't thought of it that way." He smiled at Buffy. "What do you say, Miss Summers. Feel like working together?"
She watched the two of them walk out the door. She needed to talk to someone. Normally, that would be Xander. But she now had Tara. And Tara was a little more understanding than Xander might be. It was definitely time to talk to Tara. Besides, Tara was there that night. She might be able to recognize his voice.
It wasn't long before she had tracked Tara down. She was on her way to the library. "Hey, baby." Willow came up from behind her and gave her a big kiss. "I missed you so much. I couldn't keep my mind on class."
"Me too." She smiled as Willow came in for another long kiss. She took in the expression on her girlfriend's face. It was a sad one. "You have something on your mind."
Willow smiled. "Yeah. I think something has come up. In fact, I'm almost certain that something has come up. I need your help to make sure before I go and do something stupid."
Tara eyed the red head for a moment. "Something s-stupid?" She took Willow's hand in her own. "W-what exactly do you m-mean by stupid?"
Before answering, Willow took a deep breath. "Remember those weird commando guys?" Tara nodded. "Well, I think I recognized one of their voices. I'm almost certain. But I need you to tell me if I'm crazy or if I heard right."
"I can already tell you, y-you're crazy." Tara tried teasing. She could see the struggle that Willow was going through. There was a little pain involved.
Willow laughed. She straightened a little before continuing. "I think one of them was Riley."
"Oh."
Sign up to rate and review this story