Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

21

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2307 words

0Unrated
Spike pulled back his head, yelling in pain. He put both his hands to the sides of his head. "What the bloody hell did you two witches do to me!" As her released Willow, she fell to the ground. She sat staring up at him, surprise evident on her face. "You! And that damn slayer. You did this to me. And those bloody army guys."
Willow blinked and quickly made her way to where Tara stood. She wrapped her arms around her girlfriend. The blonde was simply terrified. Her whole body was shaking. "I-I couldn't help. I-I couldn't do anything."
Willow still kept her eyes on Spike who still held his right hand to his temple. "I know. I'm just so wondering what's up with Spike. He so easily could have bit me." She put her hand to her neck and felt the little trickle of blood. "O.K., he did sorta bite me. But he didn't suck me." Willow looked at Tara. "That didn't sound exactly right." Her eyes quickly made their way to where Spike, now recovered, was glaring at both of them.
"Did you two bitches do a spell?" Spike started for them. "I will so kill you two if you did." He continued towards them. "I'm going to get the two of you." He now was running towards them.
The red headed witch was the first to react. She pulled Tara with her as she took off running. But it wasn't long before they were backed into a wall. They had taken a majorly wrong turn. And now they were trapped with Spike glaring at them.
"Can you do any magicks?" Willow whispered. She so didn't want Spike to know that at that particular moment that they were probably pretty much defenseless. "I can't seem to get a grasp on any of my powers. No spells." She turned and looked at Tara. "I can't even float anything."
Tara had such fear in her eyes. It was not something that Willow liked to see. Not at all. "I-I can't either." Tara wrapped herself even more around her girlfriend. "T-this could be it." She squeezed Willow. "A-at least we found each other b-before."
Suddenly, as Spike was only a few feet away, Willow's eyes turned blacker than the night that surrounded them. "I won't let him win. He can't kill you. I've lost too much in my life already. He is not going to get away with this."
The air in the alley began swirling. Spike stopped in his tracks. Lightening began at the far end of the alley. It slowly made its way towards Spike. With every inch that it moved, the lightening became bigger. It struck one of the light posts. There was an explosion of sparks everywhere. The light post began to burn. The fire slowly made its way to the warehouse that it was attached to.
"W-Willow?" Tara could feel the power that was suddenly surging through the red head. It was more power than she had ever felt in her life. And it seemed to come out of nowhere. She herself was still feeling blocked. But Willow suddenly had all this power. And it felt like it was growing by the second. "Willow!" This time she shouted, trying to snap her out of it.
But the red head only smiled. She kept her focus on Spike. He had threatened to take away her everything. And nobody did that and got away with it. Not while she still had all this power at her disposal. She so wanted to see Spike blowing in the wind. It didn't matter the cost. Even if she lost herself, it would be worth it. Her everything would still be alive. And that's what mattered at this moment.
Tara let go of Willow. The lightening storm was about to hit Spike. The lightening had hit The Bronze. There were sparks and a fire looked like a real possibility. She stood in front of her girlfriend. It was as if Willow was looking right through her. There was no acknowledgment of her at all. This was beginning to frighten Tara more and more. She took Willow's face in her hands. There was a little movement in her lover's eyes. But the eyes remained black. They remained focused on Spike. Tara swallowed hard. She wasn't sure how to bring her out of this. That's when she placed her lips on Willow's.
Willow blinked hard. Her eyes slowly returned to the lovely shade of green that Tara loved so much. She could feel all of the anger flowing out of her, along with the magicks. A huge lightening bolt was about to strike Spike. It came within inches of his face, before fizzling out.
Spike turned to face the two witches. He saw that Tara was still kissing her. He shook his head. He had lived a long time. And faced many powerful things in his time. But that redhead was even more powerful than all those things combined. He could sense it. He could feel it in his bones. He wasn't about to mess with her again. He took off running down the alleyway. The witch was someone to avoid. But the slayer was another matter. She was the reason he couldn't bite anyone. It had to be her and those damn commando guys. He'd get his revenge.
Finally, the kiss ended. Willow fell to the ground. She was both emotionally and physically drained. What had happened to her? Just seconds before she went all wonky, she had felt like she was being blocked. So had Tara. What had changed and made her suddenly this all powerful witch. Too powerful. She knew that. She couldn't stop. The smell of smoke made her look up.
"Oh, goddess!" She saw that the warehouse was now burning badly. The Bronze was also on fire. "Buffy! And Xander." Tara followed her gaze. "We've got to get back inside and warn everyone." Willow tried to stand, but couldn't. "I can't. I'm too weak. You go. Get everyone out and call the fire department." Tara had a worried look on her face. "Please. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of what I did."
Tara kissed Willow on the forehead before taking off for The Bronze. Willow still sat on the hard pavement. She stared up at the flames on The Bronze. She so wanted to try and put them out by magicks. But that might lead to another bout of who's got control. Because she certainly didn't seem to at the moment. And it terrified her more than anything.
What exactly had happened. Why was it that she had lost control. She remembered this big time fear for Tara. It had snapped something inside of her. It had let this flood gate of emotion and power flow into her. Suddenly, the images that she had had in her dream came flooding back. This was it. It was true. She could so easily lose control of this power that she had been gifted with. Or cursed with, depending on how you wanted to look at it. If she didn't find some control, she could easily hurt people. Including the woman that meant everything in the world to her.
People's voices snapped her attention from the gloom and doom thoughts she had been thinking. She looked down to the end of the Alleyway to see Tara leading her friends towards her. She again tried to stand, but she felt too weak yet.
Tara was the first to reach her. She tried helping her up, but it was no use. The woman was so drained. Buffy was the next to reach her. She easily helped Willow to her feet. Willow leaned on both her best friend and her girlfriend for support. Xander, Anya, and Riley all stood watching her carefully.
"Will, are you all right?" Buffy looked into her eyes. She could tell by one look, that something huge had happened. And that was not of the good. "What happened?"
Willow looked at Riley and Anya. She couldn't say what really happened with the two of them standing there. She would have to do the ole make up something hopefully that sounds like it could have happened thing. "We were attacked. This bleach blonde guy came out of nowhere. And there was this freaky lightening storm. It's what caused the fires."
"Bleach blonde?" Buffy's eyes widened as she knew exactly who Willow was talking about. But the lightening storm, there was something more to it than what her best friend was saying. It dawned on her that both Anya and Riley were still there. She knew that the red head was trying to tell her but without the two of them knowing what was going on.
"Should we call the police?" Riley's deep voice seemed to echo in Willow's mind. If she and Tara hadn't been leaving to avoid the whole fact that he was a commando, than this might not have happened. And she might still be in the dark as far as how powerful she appeared to be.
Buffy shook her head. "I think Will is all right. Besides, you didn't really get a good look at him, did you?"
Willow shook her head. "He had a mask on. I could see his hair. That's the only way I have of identifying him. And that's not much to go on. It coulda been a wig." She felt Tara kiss her gently on the lips. It gave her a little more strength. "I just want to get home. It was more scary than anything. I really don't think the guy was capable of hurting me."
Buffy's eyes widened at the comment. She was trying to add up all those code words that Willow was using. But they just weren't adding up. "Well, let's get you back to..." She looked at Tara. "Tara's dorm room. She will want to take care of you, I'm sure." Tara smiled at her gratefully. "Riley, I hate to say it, but I think we should call it a night. I'll see you tomorrow. We have the nice picnic planned. If Willow is all right."
"Sure." Riley smiled. "Hope you're all right, Willow. It probably was more scary than anything else." He turned and walked towards the end of the alleyway.
"What was all that nonsense about?" Anya stared at Willow. "It was more than just an attacker. I can feel the magicks out here. What exactly happened?"
"Ayn, I'll fill you in later." Xander took her hand in his own. "There are times when we have to not say what is going on. Riley doesn't know that Buffy's the slayer." Anya nodded her head and stood silent for once.
It wasn't long before Buffy and Tara had Willow tucked in Tara's bed. "You're telling me that Spike couldn't bite Willow?" Tara nodded. "There was this big time pain when he tried to." She smiled a little. "If he can't bite people, that would be oh so cool. But he's still dangerous. I'll have to go after him. You watch over Will for me." Tara nodded. "There's more to this isn't there." Tara's eyes fell to the floor. "What else happened?"
Tara swallowed hard. "W-we both felt our m-magicks being blocked. I-I can't explain it." She looked at Willow. "We ran. W-we were trapped. T-that's when Willow..."
"Willow what?" Buffy didn't like the sounds of things. And Tara was having a hard time explaining what was going on. "What happened Tara? I need to know."
Tara took a deep breath. "W-Willow filled with all this power. M-more power than I've e-ever felt before. Her e-eyes went all black. I-I couldn't get her to s-stop. S-she wouldn't listen to m-me. I-it took me kissing her f-for her to snap out of it."
Buffy's eyes were very wide. "You're not saying that she was out of control?" Tara nodded slowly. "But that would be like her dream, wouldn't it?"
"I-I know." Tara turned her gaze back to Willow. She seemed to be sleeping. "A-and if that's t-true, t-the world could be in real danger f-from the woman I love."
Buffy shook her head. This was just an overload of such good news. The Spike not being able to bite people was of the good. But her best friend possibly going over the edge was something else entirely. This was so not of the good. "You watch over her. I'm going to see if I can find Spike. If I can't, I'm going to Giles. He needs to know what's going on. Maybe he can help." Buffy started for the door. "Or maybe you can help. That's what her dreams said. You think you can?"
"I-I wish I k-knew." Tara watched Buffy walk out the door. She locked it and made her way to Willow. The red head's eyes were closed. She couldn't tell if she were sleeping or not. And she wondered if she had heard her conversation with Buffy. There was a lot going on. As usual. She now knew that her life would never be dull as long as she was with Willow. And that was fine by her. Except that her everything could someday destroy the world if she didn't learn the control she needed to. And she was the one that had to teach her that control.
"Tara?" The voice was really weak. It broke the blonde's heart. She made her way over and sat on the edge of the bed. She began stroking the red head's cheek. "I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there." Tara felt her swallow hard. Ther were tears forming in her beautiful green eyes. "I think my dream was right. I think I could someday destroy the world."
Sign up to rate and review this story