Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

25

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2133 words

0Unrated
Buffy had been so disappointed. By the time that she had gotten inside of Riley's fraternity, it was empty. Which was weird. There should have been somebody left there. You'd think there would be. But there had been no one.
Again, those darn slayer vibes kept shooting through her. And she really didn't like having these vibes about her new boyfriend. It had taken a lot to get over Angel. Not that she would ever truly be over him. But she needed to be with a nice, normal guy. And that was supposed to be Riley.
But was it? She sighed heavily as she slowly made her way back towards her dorm room. The one that she supposedly shared with Willow. But Willow had practically moved in with Tara. Which was very good for the red head. This relationship was one that she had so wanted. And Buffy remembered when her best friend had thought that they could only be friends. Willow had been so frustrated, yet tried to be happy with what little she got.
And Tara was so good for Willow. Willow was getting more and more powerful. And Tara seemed to be able to control the gift of magick that she herself had. But that's not what was most important. What was most important was that Tara loved Willow. She seemed to love her more than anything else in this world. Buffy thought that it must be so wonderful to have found that. After the whole Oz thing, Buffy was glad that Willow had found her true love.
Speaking of Willow and her true love, Buffy spotted them as they were walking towards her room. Only wondering a little bit about why the two weren't off somewhere doing a spell or in Tara's room doing the makeout thing, Buffy took off like a shot to catch them.
"Willow! Tara! Wait up!" Buffy was grateful as both witches turned to look at her. They waved at her and waited patiently for her to catch up to both of them. "I need to talk to you guys. It might be nothing. Or, it might just be a scooby matter."
Willow raised her eyebrows. She was wondering what it was that Buffy wanted to talk about. And there was that thing about Riley that she and Tara had been wanting to talk to her about but somehow kept getting sidetracked. "We have something we need to talk to you about as well." She looked at her girlfriend who had gotten a nervous look on her face. Willow mouthed 'Riley' and the look subsided a little.
"We should probably not talk here." Buffy lead the way into their room. She didn't give the other two women a chance at speaking. "I followed Riley. It was weird the way he was beeped away on a Sunday. Designated driver, my ass. And I'm getting this vibe from him. And when I got to his fraternity, there was no one inside. Can you say suspicious?"
Willow smiled and let Buffy rant for a little bit more. "Uh, Buffy, not to interrupt but we may have an idea, sorta, what's going on with Riley."
"You have an idea?" Buffy looked from Willow to Tara and back to Willow. "What's going on?"
Willow took a deep breath. "Remember that night that me and Tara were saved by the commando guys?" Buffy nodded. "Well, I sorta possibly recognized one of the voices. I wanted to be sure before I told you. So I asked Tara. And we were gonna tell you before now but everything kept happening and it was so complicated and we wanted to be sure and I almost went evilly and it was just so..."
"Will, are you going to tell me what's going on with my boyfriend?" Buffy smiled. "Or do I have to beat it out of you?"
"Sorry." Willow laughed nervously. Tara took her hand and gave it a little squeeze. Willow squeezed back, grateful for the contact and the strength it gave her. "We are almost certain that the leaders voice was..." She swallowed. "Riley."
"What!" Buffy shouted. She looked from Willow to Tara. Tara nodded shyly. "You're both sure?" Tara again nodded. "Wow! And we don't know anything about these commandos, now do we."
"That's why I didn't want to tell you till we were sure." Willow looked at her girlfriend. She wasn't about to tell Buffy the real reason that she had gotten distracted. What Tara had told her was going to remain between them two for as long as they could keep the secret. "We're wondering who's involved and what they are really doing. That night, it looked like Riley and the commandos were there to do good. But I don't remember them killing all the vampires."
"A-and remember." Tara swallowed before continuing. "S-Spike thought that w-we did something to h-him. Either magickally or whatever. M-maybe those c-commandos got him and h-he somehow escaped." Tara's face was turning red.
"I hadn't thought of that." Willow smiled proudly at her girlfriend. "Of course, I was kinda on a power overload that night that Spike said what he said. My memory is a little fuzzy. Thank goddess Tara was there as well."
"W-when you s-see the one you l-love about to d-die, you d-don't soon f-forget it." Tara's eyes got sad at the memory. "But y-you're all right."
"Better than all right, I'm with you." Willow couldn't help herself. She pulled the blonde into a very long kiss. It took Buffy clearing her throat for the two of them to pull apart. "Sorry. Can't keep my hands off from her." Tara's face turned beet red at this statement.
"I know." Buffy smiled. But her smile faded quickly. "That's how it was starting to get with me and Riley. But now, if he is some army guy, he's been hiding a lot. Granted, so have I."
"But that's different." Buffy started to say something. "Listen, sacred duty and all that. But if you are getting serious about Riley, you had better tell him what you do, what you are. I forgot to warn Tara and it almost got her hurt."
Buffy nodded in agreement. "I think you're right. Whether he's a commando or not, I should probably tell him. I really want him in my life. But I don't know with all that's going on. I just wish I knew for sure what Riley was up to."
Down deep below the campus of UC-Sunnydale, there were these many strange creatures in white cells. And there were some human looking things as well. A familiar tall blonde was walking with an African American man. The two clearly were some sort of authority down deep below the surface of the world.
"I really want to tell her, but how can I?" Riley stopped and looked at one of the doors. One of the doors that he was forbidden to go into. "She is so special. And I think I'm really falling for her. Why can't I tell her?"
The dark skinned man shook his head. "Man, you have got it so bad. You really want to get Professor Walsh on your bad side. You know that if she finds out, you'll be court marshaled or shot or something."
"Yeah, I know, Forrest." He sighed as they continued to the what looked like a weapons array. "Maybe I'll have a talk with her anyway." Forrest shot him a look. "I know that it could get me in serious trouble. But look what we deal with every day. I would feel better if she at least knew that all these creatures existed. Maybe she would be able to take care of herself."
"Have you seen how tiny she is?" Forrest shook his head. "That girl would probably have trouble standing up to a windstorm let alone fighting the things that we fight. But it's your call, man. I'll back you no matter what."
Riley smiled. He knew in his heart what he was going to do. He knew that he loved Buffy already. And keeping a secret like this was just too big. And it was so unfair. It was just a matter of timing. When would he tell her he was basically a demon hunter.
Behind the door that Riley had been looking at was another door. And behind that door was a room. Inside that room, one person walked around. That was his boss, Professor Walsh.
But the good professor was not really alone. She had something there with her. There it was, lying on the table in front of her as she poked a needle into it. The thing did have half a human face. But it also had many features of various demons and creatures. It was a hybrid between a human and several different demons.
"Soon, Adam. You will be able to walk among the people. You will show them what a true warrior is all about." Professor Walsh smiled proudly as she gazed down at her son. "And that day will be my proudest day." As she turned around, she felt something go through her. She managed to utter, "Adam?", before she fell to the ground. It wasn't long before she was lying in her own puddle of blood.
"Mommy." The creature retracted what looked like a giant splinter from the dead body. "I will indeed show this world. And it will never be the same again."
It was now the next Sunday. There had been a rash of grizzly murders since than. Even Professor Walsh was missing. The whole scooby gang knew that it was more than just some wild animal like the authorities were trying to blame it on. It was a demon. They just weren't sure what kind.
Willow and Tara sat alone in Tara's room. They had been trying to come up with a way to locate this new demon. There was even a demon locator spell. But that one hadn't seemed to work. It showed a few lights. But it didn't show Tara. But that could be because she hadn't reached her full demonyness yet.
"I'm not sure there's anything else we can do." Willow looked up from the book that she had been reading. "I think we are kinda tapped out, magickally."
Tara nodded sadly in agreement. "That spell was weird. I wonder why it didn't put me on the map. And I wonder if those lights were demons at all. Maybe we got some of the ingredients wrong."
"I don't think so." Willow looked at her girlfriend. She was looking so sexy in a pink sweater and tight fitting blue jeans. Her mind wandered for a moment before she shook her head to clear it. "I quadruple checked everything before we started. Maybe because we are on a hellmouth, it kinda got overloaded."
Tara nodded. "That makes sense. After all, we were overloaded by Ethan and than you overloaded him." Their eyes met for a moment. "Sorry. Not to bring up..."
Willow shrugged. "No big. It's a part of who I am now. It's kinda like you maybe possibly being a demon. It's something that we'll deal with. Hopefully before either of us gets to evilly that we can't deal anymore." She looked into Tara's blue eyes. "It's Buffy that I'm worried about. She hasn't talked to Riley yet. She just keeps following him around all the time. She's not the greatest at stealth. Sooner or later the two are going to run into one another."
Tara slowly made her way over to her girlfriend. "You are such a good friend. And an even better girlfriend. What did I ever do to deserve you in my life? How is it that we found one another?"
Willow smiled big. "You are a very good person yourself, missy. You deserve all the good things in life. And I hope that I can give them to you. As far as how we found each other, that can be answered in one word. Magick."
Darkness had fallen quickly on the campus of UC-Sunnydale. There were many things that were lurking in the darkness. One little petite blonde was trying her best to kill those things. So was one tall handsome blonde. It wasn't long before they were both on the tail of the same vampire. It wasn't long before the petite blonde was battling the vampire. A look of shock came across the tall blonde as he watched her do her nightly dance. And win, as she did every night.
"Buffy?" The tall blonde managed to find his voice as he watched the vampire turn to dust.
The petite blonde turned quickly. "Riley?" And now two lovers stood facing one another. And the truth needed to be told.
Sign up to rate and review this story