Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

28

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 1290 words

0Unrated
AN Hope you don't mind. I thought about this one while listening to Shania Twain's 'Up' CD as I do whenever I'm writing. The song is called 'When you Kiss Me'. I know you want me to keep the story going, but I also thought that before the big battle, there could be some alone time and reflection on their lives. At least for Willow and Tara. I promise to continue the story soon. I hope you enjoy.

Willow tried to sleep. But it was no use. This was no different than all the other apocalypses she had faced. The uncertainty of whether or not all of them or any of them would survive had her so worked up, she was having even trouble breathing. Let alone trying to really sleep.
The one good thing about this night, she was with her everything. She knew that Buffy was with Riley. And Xander and Anya were together. Giles had managed to convince Olivia to stay as well. Each one of her friends had somebody, somebody very special and dear to them.
But she felt she was the luckiest one of all. When she had first met Tara, she just knew. There was never going to be another person in the world for her. Even if she hadn't been having feelings of attraction towards other women, she would have known that Tara was her everything. The two of them were meant to be together.
She carefully rolled over, trying not to wake Tara if she were actually sleeping. The blonde seemed to be. Her breathing was slow and heavy. It was nearly impossible for Willow to simple look at her. She wanted to be touching her. The thought of kisses covering her body was driving her insane. The kisses would help her to forget. Forget what lie ahead.
But there was also another thought. It kinda crept into her mind. A song that they had danced to kept flashing through her mind. And after what Tara had finally shared with her, it made more sense to her than ever. This so was what they were about at the moment. Even with this big evil over their heads, there was one thought that kept Willow calm.
Getting to know Tara. In every way possible. Because the blonde gave her something. The biggest gift of all. She gave her love and that was everything. For her love made her forget all of the pain.

This could be it, I think I'm in love
it's love this time
it just seems to fit, I think I'm in love
this love is mine
I can see you with me when I'm older
all my lonely nights are finally over
you took the weight of the world off my
shoulders (the world just goes away)

Tara rolled over. She hadn't been sleeping at all. She had been trying to meditate. She had been trying calm all these feelings. She had only faced the end of the world once. She and Willow had been the possible cause. And together, they had defeated Spike and saved the world.
But this felt different. Was it because she wouldn't be by her lover's side? Was it because there was nothing that she could do to help? Only give her control and strength and let Willow do the rest.
She feigned like she was sleeping. The blonde didn't know why. All her strength she got was from the red head lying next to her. And all she had to do was reach out, and she could feel that strength. But she didn't want to distract the witch. If she were trying to sleep, or studying the spell.
They had known each other for what felt like a lifetime. But yet, they still knew so little about one another. There was still so much to discover. One thing that she was grateful for Willow for. She finally felt like she belonged somewhere. Like she had finally found a home. And when they kissed or simply were together, it was amazing. The world around them seemed to disappear and it was just the two of them.

oh, when you kiss me
I know you miss me
and when you're with me
the world just goes away
the way you hold me
the way you show me that you
adore me oh when you kiss me
oh yeah

Finally, both women opened their eyes at the same time. They smiled because they both knew they had been pretending to sleep. Who could possibly sleep on a night like this they both wondered. Neither of these brave women can.
Partly, that's because of the impending battle. Partly, it's because of the closeness of the two. They are so near to one another, and not just in a physical presence. The joining spell hasn't really even begun, but they are now connected in every way possible. The spell will just amplify that already deep connection they will always have.
Willow is the first to react. Her hand touches the soft cheek of the blonde. The blonde holds that hand there with gentle pressure. The touch is everything. It means everything. The two are so full of need and want. But a simple touch means so much more than all of that.
The red head slowly moves closer. There lips brush gently. Before kissing the blonde, she simple stares into those beautiful blue eyes. They hold her gaze like she is under a spell and unable to move. Finally, she can't control herself any longer. She needs to have the world simply go away.

You are the one, I think I'm in love
life has begun
I can see the two of us together
I know I'm gonna be with you forever
love couldn't be any better

The two woman kiss for a long time. Finally, they break apart. Still, Willow's hand is on Tara's cheek, Tara's hand on Willow's. That touch has not been lost. And it never will be. And the kiss has done its part. The two are the only ones that exist at the moment.
Again, the two simply stare into one another's eyes. Words would be redundant. They would only lessen the meaning of the touching of their hands. They would only lessen the meaning of what their lips say when they touch. And might just break the powerful spell that holds the world at bay.
The two dance well with one another. But it's not a dance to song. No. The dance that these two lovers share is the one that love is the melody for. And no one can hear. The two are in their own little world, without a care.
The melody is love, the rhythm of the dance is their two hearts beating as one. Knowing glances are also a part of the dance. Loving touches that can't be understood by anyone else. These two women are sharing a dance.

I can see you with me when I'm older
all my lonely nights are finally over
you took the weight of the world off my
shoulders (the world just goes away)

The dance leads to kissing more and more. It's because the kissing lets them know. It tells them that they are the only one for the other. It tells them that this is their world and nobody else exists in it.
A world where it is just the two of them. There is nothing to fear. There is nothing to hide. It's just two lovers being with one another. And the impending doom fades away with everything else.

And when you kiss me
I know you miss me
oh, the world just goes away
when you kiss me
Sign up to rate and review this story